PDA

View Full Version : wow....so slow.

DAVEMAN
06-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Ok, I dont really have anything to say, just posting because theres not much going on here. It kinda sucks, I bought my 09 just because for a while there some of my friends were running their gas cars and I wanted to run with them. Well now, their cars are broke, and theyre poor...so now I dont run my 09 because I really dont like running it by myself. So does anyone have any reports about the 09....hows its running this summer....any parts youve broken, anything like that?

Dave

Tinytacohead
06-12-2007, 03:07 AM
That stinks.. I guess I'm used to running alone. I really wish I had a track closer by because these little buggers sure deserve one! (it's around an hours drive to the closest one) So far mine's running like a top.

The only "broken" parts or complaints I have are concerning some aftermarket titanium turnbuckle/rod ends I picked up off Ebay. Don't know who makes them but it's the set that comes with titanium ball studs, all turnbuckles (discluding the chassis-brace rods), and new rod ends. After like 5 minutes of running with them installed, one of the rear buckles pulled right outta the rod end. Didn't surprise me though as I had to ream the rod end pretty good before I could get the turnbuckle to even think about threading in. Replaced it with a stock end and all is well there, though I've found the steering turnbuckles a bit too shor to properly adjust - if I don't have a little toe-out they don't have enough thread in the rod ends to keep from comming out. :mad: Also I guess I lost another little part that was really annoying.. I'd been looking for 3R titanium colored front C-hubs or whatever, forever. Well I finally got em, as well as my Atomik hub bushings. I did things proper & made sure to use threadlock on the bushing screws, but regardless, one fell out of the bottom and caused me to lose the little bushing as well. :( Right now I've got a ghetto plastic bushing from some other RC in there, but still need to fix the steering turnbuckle prob. Also, that set of turnbuckles/ends etc. I picked up, came with no wrench to adjust them, so I've been having to hit em with needle nose plyers, which is marring them up, so that's annoying.