PDA

View Full Version : Binding in drivetrain with Wraith 7k

pain989
06-06-2007, 01:04 AM
I just got a crap load of parts including a brushless system. I have an extreme carbon fiber chassis and 3racing spur gear mount and center diff alosng with 3racing derlin gears. The problem im having is that the derlin gear wont mesh right with my rs4 pinion on the wraith. It almost seems as though the motor has to be shifted back a bit. Whats the best way to fix this?

Four8s
06-06-2007, 06:26 AM
. . .The problem im having is that the derlin gear wont mesh right with my rs4 pinion on the wraith. It almost seems as though the motor has to be shifted back a bit. . .

Do you mean that slots/holes for the motormount are not long enough? Or do you mean that the teeth on the spur and pinion are not parallel with each other and the part of the pinnion that does not have teeth is meeting the teeth on the spur? What size pinnion are you using?

pain989
06-06-2007, 07:14 PM
The part that holds the set screw hits the derlin gears before the teeth on the pinion do. its an 11t pinion

Four8s
06-09-2007, 05:46 PM
I had the same problem and I think it also was with an rs4 10t pinion but with a mamba 6800. The motor shaft was thicker closer to the endbell and kept the pinnion from sliding back far enough for the teeth to line up. I ended up taking a drill to the end of the pinnion so it could fit over the thicker part of the shaft. Im pretty sure the shaft on the 7k is uniform so I dont think that would help.

How much more clearence do you need? If its not too much you could try filing the end of the spur away at an angle.

By the ways, When I had a 12t pinnion on my wraith 7k it ran slightly hot.

rgcwr
06-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I had to grind down the back side of my pinion to make it "shorter" got within about 1 mm of the set screw. Installed the pinion and was well.