PDA

View Full Version : Now it rocks! :)

lukeita
05-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Hello!
Today I received my "big" order for MiniInferno:
- a new Futaba 3PM radio system (fantastic!)
- a Mamba kit (ESC + 8000kv)
- a Hitec 85MG servo

In my gallery you can see the result... it's another car! :)
The stock pinion isn't very good for 8000kv... it can reach a high speed but when I open the gas, it doesn't accelerate very quickly...
Suggestion? 12T could work?
thanks

hkopium
05-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Hello!
- a Hitec 85MG servo

The stock pinion isn't very good for 8000kv... it can reach a high speed but when I open the gas, it doesn't accelerate very quickly...
thanks

Hey, congra!!! Nice package you have. We use the same Control set and servo!

For your Mamba, I think you need to change to use RC18T's or Mini-T's pinion. Can't remember which. Ask someone else. But I am definitely sure that the original H8 one doesn't fit!!! The length is not correct. Do NOT use it!

Back to our control set. I have been running with the 85MG and 3PM for a few runs. I found that the 85MG servo is too powerful and too fast. The car spins 180 degrees when doing corners. With your Mambo 8000, I bet ur H8 can ONLY run in straight line. Totally out of control straight line. :D

I am using Xspeed with 8 cells. At default 3PM setting (100%), my H8 spins when turning corner (over steering). U must adjust the steering response (servo speed) on it, read the manual. Mine is now set at 60% and can corner smoother. There are also many functions on the 3PM that I am still learning and testing.

hkopium
05-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Oh, one more thing, with Mambo 8000, have you fixed your Slipping gear yet? If not, your pick up / acceleration will definitely not as fast as you thought it would be.

lukeita
05-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Hello
pignon: are you sure? I run 10min with original pinion... hope I didn't damage anything!
slipping gear: I tightened it a bit... (about 4mm now)... is it enough? I'm waiting for my "real" order, a 6800k (BPP made a mistake...)
Were you able to add brake control? I didn't find how to do it...
Thanks!

hkopium
05-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Hello
pignon: are you sure? I run 10min with original pinion... hope I didn't damage anything!
slipping gear: I tightened it a bit... (about 4mm now)... is it enough? I'm waiting for my "real" order, a 6800k (BPP made a mistake...)
Were you able to add brake control? I didn't find how to do it...
Thanks!

I am using GM-Raing ESC, the brake is set automatically everytime I switch on the H8. When I first start the H8, I must accelerate at FULL speed and then do a FULL reverse. This will set up the brake for me. Maybe your Mamba ESC is the same.

Do you find any space between the gear and the pinion? Are they fit together? I won't risk it.

When I was at a shop asking for the Mamba set (out of stock :(, I am still waiting for it), the shop keeper emphasized that we should not use the H8 pinion with Mamba. Also I read many forum threads saying they changed the pinion. I guess it is a must.

I also tightened my slipping gear a little bit, a few turns only. Around 3cm space now. But many users acutally tightened it all the way. But I am satisfied with my current setting now.

Smoothound
05-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Hello!
- a Hitec 85MG servo

thanks

Nice gear, not my choice in servo but it's OK. I've found HS81 and 85MG's tend not to be very good around centre, very strong, hold well but poor centre, I'm using a Futaba S3102 which works for me.

On my Mamba 8000 setup I'm using a 10T pinion and it still gets too hot for me even with a fan but I am pushing 3s Lipo through it :D

TNB
05-07-2005, 04:16 PM
When I was at a shop asking for the Mamba set (out of stock :(, I am still waiting for it), the shop keeper emphasized that we should not use the H8 pinion with Mamba. Also I read many forum threads saying they changed the pinion. I guess it is a must.
The shaft is a different size than the stock pinion.

On my Mamba 8000 setup I'm using a 10T pinion and it still gets too hot for me even with a fan but I am pushing 3s Lipo through it :D
I was running a 16T with the CM2080 and a 11.1v 3s LiPo. I did use a motor heat sink and I vented the body quite a bit.