PDA

View Full Version : about oil shock setups

_ThEcRoW
05-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Helloguys. I'm from Spain and have a Mini Inferno 09 buggy. I have a question regarding the oil shocks. What's the recommended level of oil for rear and front shocks? what type of density?
Thanks!!!!!

Tinytacohead
05-22-2007, 05:03 AM
I've been wondering the same about the fronts.. Whatever the stock rear weight seems pretty good, but the front end's definitely too soft. I put some Associated 40w in them and it feels no different. Anybody got any input? As far as level goes, fill them completely and bleed as much of the air out as you can. Good to see a new 09 owner around here! :)

_ThEcRoW
05-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah, i always filled them up till the top and let it bleed a bit. Anyone with suggestions?.
By the way, the new sirio engine the 09r, what are their specs?. In the sirio page there isn't any info on it.

SteveR1960
05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
For my ST I do the same - fill completely and bleed any air. As for weight, I have moved to 50W front and rear. I only bash and that seems to help a lot.

Tinytacohead
05-23-2007, 01:54 PM
F...As for weight, I have moved to 50W front and rear. I only bash and that seems to help a lot.

Is that with whatever the stock shock pistons are, and do you happen to know if they included any with less/smaller holes with the extra parts included in the RTR package? Also, what brand of shock oil are you using, that can make a big difference. One brands 50w may not be anything like another brands.

As for the question about the 09R, I've got a sneaking suspicion it's just the normal 09 with the already available hop-ups and a black crank case. My reasoning is you can buy the blue head for the stock 09 and it has 09R atop it.. I could be completely wrong. Somebody please correct me if I am. Be nice if it had an idle speed adjustment or something useful like that.