PDA

View Full Version : Hs-81mg

Number_8
04-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Hey all,

My stock Mini Inferno stopped steering the other day so I took out the servo and saw that the gear on the servo is stuck pretty tight for some reason. Since I'm gonna go brushless soon, I have an HS-81MG and installed it. The only problem is that i dont know which way to install it. Should the point where the wires come out of the servo box be facing the front or back ? It's an all stock chassis, but I am going to use the KM-RC chassis soon.

JasonH
04-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Out the back, which should put the servo horn at about the same spot as the stock servo. If for some reason it doens't work that way you can always flip it around. Mount it however it works the best :).

Number_8
04-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks

When I had done that I found that the servo couldn't move the full length around, is this right ?

JasonH
04-30-2007, 03:00 AM
Well, the servo horn sticks up and only needs to move maybe a half inch forward and backwards. Did you hook it all up and try it? Is it hitting something? You might need to remove the horn and move it on the servo shaft. Or am I misunderstanding the problem?

Number_8
04-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Right now I dont have a brushed ESC that is compatible with this servo, I tried using my bro's RC18T XPS esc but it was real screwed up as in whenever i turned the steering wheel, it would accelerate and reverse and the trigger did nothing.

JasonH
04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
You need to plug the servo into a receiver. Sounds like when you borrowed your brother's car you had the esc plugged into the servo slot. You need to plug the servo into that slot.

Number_8
04-30-2007, 10:04 PM
No, I have my own reciever and they were both plugged into that. I just thought it was weird.

crymynal
05-01-2007, 01:49 PM
What is your electronics setup? If you're still running stock then the HS-81 won't work. Stock setup has the ESC and receiver combined. The stock servo is a 4-wire and the HS-81 is a 3-wire (normal). If you're running something else, you should have a receiver, esc, and the HS-81. Normally the ESC will plug into the 3rd slot on the receiver (channel 2), the servo will plug into the 2nd slot (channel 1), and the first slot (battery) will not be used. If you have a 3 channel or more receiver, all the other slots will be open.

Number_8
05-02-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm using an ACME 27 mhz reciever, Hitec HS-81MG and AE XPS ESC. Everything else is stock.