PDA

View Full Version : I need parts!!!

Team Helotes
05-06-2005, 03:24 AM
I need parts I drove the car 10 feet and fried the slipper and front diff. Is there anyone out there making a ball diff for the car yet?

mOOsE
05-06-2005, 05:44 AM
nope. how did you fry the front diff and slipper?

hkopium
05-06-2005, 05:59 AM
WOW! You must be running on Mamba 80,000kv with 6 Lipo! :p

Nope. Not yet. Park ur H8 somewhere safe for say... another month at least I would say. :(

half8 abuser
05-06-2005, 06:50 AM
I need parts I drove the car 10 feet and fried the slipper and front diff. Is there anyone out there making a ball diff for the car yet?

How the hell do you drive a RC car 10 feet and fry the slipper clutch and front diff? Are you smoking somthing out of a glass pipe ;) :D Ask Bithead on this forum. He can hook you up with parts. Just don't look at any pictures of him because he is one scary looking dude :D :D

rob veggi race head
05-07-2005, 02:26 PM
lo all who read..
i have destroyed my diffs with stock motor and standard nimh cels.. seems the car for me has never been upto much.
im not too impressed at all. the output drives kept slipping for 1 and after i fixed this i found within half a lap or so i lost all drive again.
it was the diffs off the main drive that adjoin the wheel diff.
what can i do about this as the car is brand new . ive emailed my shop i got it from a couple of times and there not responding.
is it under some kind of maunfacturere Gtee so that i can bypass the shop and talk to someone who represents kyosho and cares about reputation of the brand name. im quite happy to take pictures of damaged parts as proof and have replacement parts sent to me in post so i can fit them as this is far more practical and cheapest mephod to do.
does anyone else have my trouble with the car?

TNB
05-08-2005, 05:23 AM
Stock motor? Standard cells? I've been running brushless motors and 3-cell LiPos, but have not had any of those problems. Did you tighten the slipper prior to running it as suggested in the manual? Did you grease the diffs?

rob veggi race head
05-09-2005, 11:06 AM
ive greased the rear diff with stealth lube whilst i was there tightening up the rear out drive as it worked itself loose.
ive also tightened the slipper up as it was like a driving a milk float priamrily.
theres something wrong with front drive aswell as rear. ive not looked at front as im quite frankly sick of the car atm. but the rear has a worn cog which comes off the mid diff to the rear dif , not inside the rear diff but the drive shaft to the rear. the cog thats set at 45% angle. thats the 1 that has wore away.

rob veggi race head
05-09-2005, 11:09 AM
so can anyone tell me the main company or outlets internationally for half eight hop ups. i know theres shocks and battery packs .
i need drive improvements

namely ball diffs and improved gears - cogs.

halfEIGHT
05-12-2005, 04:32 PM
We have a bunch of Kyosho and 3rd party parts arriving in the Shop (http://halfeight.com/shop)shortly! :)