PDA

View Full Version : 09 linkage same as EP?

Tinytacohead
04-18-2007, 05:12 AM
I read the steering setup on the 09 was different, (and better), than that the electric buggy. Is this true, and does anybody know if the 3R titnaium steering posts & aluminum bellcranks etc. will work in the 09?

JasonH
04-18-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't have an 09, but from looking at and comparing the two manuals (09 and regular Mini Inferno) I would say that the 09 setup is substantially different (and probably better) than the normal Mini Inferno. Also, while some of the 3Racing parts might work (I'm thinking posts and maybe some parts from the steering kit) the stock ones might be better.

Tinytacohead
04-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Ok, thanks. I currently have no problems whatsoever with the stock, (other than it needing a few bearings in it), but I know 3R is starting to discontinue some of their items. If the posts are the same, they're still enticing though, since they should be a little lighter..

JasonH
04-18-2007, 11:05 PM
The posts are similar, but the ones on the 09 seem to have hexagonal bases while the regular ones are round and smooth. Not sure if that makes much of a difference, nor if they have any different dimensions.

Tinytacohead
04-19-2007, 12:07 AM
I've noticed I think one of the two aftermarket posts have a hexagonal base, but don't specifically say if they're or the 09 or not. So in the electric version, both bases are round & smooth?

JasonH
04-19-2007, 03:42 AM
I've noticed I think one of the two aftermarket posts have a hexagonal base, but don't specifically say if they're or the 09 or not. So in the electric version, both bases are round & smooth?
Yup, exactly.

Tinytacohead
04-19-2007, 03:59 AM
That makes me wonder about the hex ended post I've seen.. which, for the record, aren't made by 3R - just checked and theirs both have smooth round ends. I know I've seen at least one make with the hex thouh. Oh well, stock seems pretty dang good so far, other than the bushings. Thanks for the info.

t9dragon
04-19-2007, 06:08 PM
The major difference in the front suspension between the 09 & EP is the C-hubs & knuckles.