PDA

View Full Version : mini inferno 09 or irc vulcan

DrifT3R
04-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I am a long time member of your micro and have decided to move into offroad after owning a mrs4 for a while.

So I'm in Hong Kong where rc stuff is plentiful and cheap. Within the next few days, I need to choose one of these cars. The 09 is $2300 hong kong dollars while the Vulcan is $980. I would prefer if someone who owns both would give me some advice but any advice is welcome. Thanks guys

Lau
04-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi i dont own both but i own the MI. Ive heard on the net that the vulcans standard diffs strip easy and their metal diffs arent any better and i heard that some people use the 09 diffs. Ive also heard the vulcan engines leak quite easy. The vulcan though seems to be more popular probably cause of the cheap price. Although the vulcan can have a 2 speed which is quite a good upgrade. Just search the net i think it was rcuniverse where they talk about the vulcan alot. I think it was one of the topics there that i read said something on how to fix your vulcan before you start it to stop problems from happening like the engine leaking.

t9dragon
04-10-2007, 03:49 PM
If you like the Vulcan because it is cheaper then buy it. But I you want one that will last than buy the 09. All of the upgrades for the Mini Inferno fit the 09. I own the 09 and haven't had any major problems with it. The owner of a LHS has the Vulcan and can't keep it running due to problems with the diffs and motor.

Just my .02.

DrifT3R
04-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Thanks guys. Mini inferno it is.

SteveR1960
04-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Well said about the cheaper products. If I had to do it over again, I would have bought another MI ST instead of a Nanodragon. So I imagine for the 09 the same applies.

Actually I have owned several local knockoffs at different scales and all had serious issues. I prefer to spend my time playing rather than waiting for parts in the mail..

DrifT3R
04-13-2007, 02:01 AM
bad news guys. The shop sold the last mini inferno 09 and the other shops would not sell me one for less than $2800. Apparantly, there's only about 10 remaining in all the shops in Hong Kong. I'm not willing to fork out so much as I dont really have enought time to actually race regularly, so I settled for a Vulcan SE which cost me $1400. :mad:

Thanks for the help.

t9dragon
04-13-2007, 02:36 AM
Well I hope you like it. From what I have heard they have major problems with the diffs in the Vulcan.

SteveR1960
04-13-2007, 01:16 PM
LOL - just so everyone knows, he is speaking in $HK. Divide by 8 to get a rough idea of the $US price.

DrifT3R
04-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Well I hope you like it. From what I have heard they have major problems with the diffs in the Vulcan.

I hope so too...

I went back to try and exchange it for a nt18t but the guy wouldn't exchange it. Even though the nt18t is more expensive. He was probably trying to clear the stock.