PDA

View Full Version : what to replace and fix?

.5x8
05-05-2005, 02:16 PM
i know for the FIRST im going to lube the diff with the white diff grease...then im going to replace the servo..how big is it? is it regular size or is it like small? i am going to replace the radio system with my extra blazer AM radio...and i need to fix the steering rack and slipper? what do i do for the steering rack and slipper? and last, but not least..bearings...are these a MUST for this car? where can i get them cheap in the US and which ones do i need?

links would be great! thanks!!!

half8 abuser
05-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Well, for the slipper you need to take it all apart. You need to scuff the washer in there so it will have some grip instead of slipping all the time.

Most people on here say to go with the Hitec HS-85MG for your steering. It’s a micro servo.

For bearings you can just use the ones for the Mini T. They fit perfect and you can get at any local hobby shop. I am using them in my car right now.

Steering rack fix I have no idea about that so I would like to know also.

.5x8
05-05-2005, 10:42 PM
how much is the servo and bearings together? umm..i read somehwere about tightening the servo saver...or something like that....how fast is the steering?

o yeh...where do the bearings go for the H8? they are for the hubs right? alright, thanks alot.