PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Oil Shock Problem

paulj2
05-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I have the Kyosho oil filled shocks. I built them just as the instructions said. The 2 rear shocks and 1 front shock perform as they should. My problem is the other front seeps oil at the shaft. It did this from the beginning, even during the initial fill stage. I have pulled it completely apart 3 times and reassambled, paying attention to the seating of the bladder, with the same results.

I believe the seals for this one shock are just faulty. I am clueless on how to contact Kyosho for warranty. I bought the shocks from an on line supplier, sent him an e-mail 5 days ago, asking him if he had any ideas, and haven't received any reply. I don't know if he doesn't have any ideas either so didn't reply back, I hope it isn't because he just doesn't care, but since he didn't reply back...who knows.

Does anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit, or other shock shaft o-rings for one of these shocks. I am open to ideas to fix it, but my thought still goes to simply an o-ring seal problem.

Thanks for your help,
Paul

Crunch
05-05-2005, 03:19 PM
The O-ring appears to be pretty standard stuff. If it's leaking from the piston shaft, it could very much be the o-rings. Just check your local hardware stores and buy a bunch.

I remember buying very similar sized o-rings for my air-softs for next to nothing while the LHS wanted an arm and a leg for plastics rings.......LOL.

Joan
05-05-2005, 06:22 PM
In which on-line shop did you bought your shocks?? :mad:

BitHed
05-05-2005, 10:30 PM
...you have GOT to be kidding me...WHY, in a thread about ONE leaky shock, does BITHED suddenly become the bad guy? Do I care about ONE leaky shock ? No i dont, but i DO care about the 'whole deal' which is the satisfaction of Paulj2's order...

...I will get this on as time permits, unfortunately this week i have had idiots cancel, items disappear en route and bozo's making me run around after headless chickens, oh, and i actually have a REAL life to lead...Sorry for not fixin your leaky shock at the drop of a hat, the impossible I can do IMMEDIATELY but miracles take 3 days...

...Sometimes i REALLY wonder if it is worth my while...

Hawk
05-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Chill dude, no one took your name in vain. Just hang in there guy, you know what you need to do.

WhoMe
05-05-2005, 10:39 PM
I appreciate your service Bithed..both times Ive done bussiness with you I have received the items as promised. You do a great job and are a credit to the forums and to those who want a reliable way of getting those hard to get items. On a side note..my shocks dont leak...but if they did Id try searching out new O-ringgs or Id email/call kyosho directly and see if they would send me replacements.

Crunch
05-05-2005, 11:04 PM
If there's a good online shop, it's Bithed for sure. I've been in contact with Bit way ahead of all the H8 craz and I can vouch that Bit is the coolest guy on earth to deal with.

Don't worry Bit, it's all good.

paulj2
05-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Did I miss something here? Was there a post deleted or something?

First, I don't recall mentioning anyone's name, purposely, even when asked. Second, I didn't ask anyone to drop anything to fix my shock, I asked if anyone had any ideas. Third, as I said, I am clueless on how to contact Kyosho or I would have. Like I said, I am asking for help. No need for anyone to get their panties in a bunch.

UNITED_RC
05-09-2005, 03:18 AM
I can vouch for the shock issue as well.

I built up my oil shocks this weekend and I too have one FRONT shock that leaks in the EXACT same location that Paul is complaining about.

Has anyone else had an issue with this?

This IS a Kyosho issue...not the dealers selling the products. On a second note, it is the dealers responsibility to work this suppliers/mfgr's to make sure that the customer is taken care of. THIS IS JUST A GENERAL BUSINESS STATEMENT, NOT AIMED AT ANY PARTY IN PARTICULAR.

Lets address this issue with the shocks....for those who have had this issue....we can get it fixed....but this needs to be related back to kyosho...so they might be able to address a design/mfgr defect.

To fix mine, I just just an HPI BLACK o-ring that is included in micro bodies. These are used to hold a wing down to the body. It seems to be working fine....but time will tell.

Lets hear your feedback.

URC

hated1racing
05-11-2005, 01:57 AM
my rear shocks leak at the cap. i tightened them down as tight as they will go. front is fine. rear doesnt leak at the shafts.

BitHed
05-11-2005, 02:58 AM
...Paulj2 and I have spoken and hugged and made up :o Apologies for any comments taken as not nice by all those concerned...

...HPI does several sets of different hardness O-Rings...They are all colour coded but I dont know which is which yet...A slightly harder set than stock should have you nice and dry again...You could also smear a little ASSOCIATED 'GreenSlime' grease on your ings before you put them in...Its done quite widely here in Japan where we have just a FEW guys who are pretty good at what they do...Peace...

paulj2
05-11-2005, 05:25 PM
...Paulj2 and I have spoken and hugged and made up :o Apologies for any comments taken as not nice by all those concerned

Yes we did (I am not supposed to talk about the tongue thing) :eek: , but anyways, what HPI car are the o-rings made for? I need to try those.

Thanks Bit,

Paul