PDA

View Full Version : This place is Now Alive!!!!

crymynal
03-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Wow.......there are very vew posts here any longer. This hole forum looks to be dieing out. Tanandy is the only person that looks to be posting regularly. I visit regularly but don't post much (all the forums I go to I am this way). We need to bring this place back to life. I know this forum helped me with my first H8 (the buggy) and most of the things transfered over to my MISTy.

So here I go. I tried running 10 cells in my MISTy today and this is were things went wrong. I have been running 8 cells regularly without any problems and got a wild hair up my butt to try 10 cells. Just a few minutes into the run I tapped a curb. I noticed the front right wheel looked funny. I picked up the truck and found out I had lost the king pin and screw. Oh well, it will still run, right? I drove a little more and I start hearing a grinding noise. What now? I pick it up to find that my 3R center diff is stripped and so is the delrin slipper gear.

So I took the truck inside and took out the parts that need to be looked at. I had extra delrin gears because they come in the 3 pack anyway. Now I have to order some parts. While I am at it, I may order some other upgrades also.

I need a new gear for the 3R center ball diff and king pins and screws. I want new dogbones (or CVD's), turnbuckles, aluminum c-hubs (the stock ones are getting sloppy), a new body, and a 3S lipo.

My normal places are not working for me today. RC Mushroom and TheToyz.com do not have much in stock and RCMart's website is not working past the payment portion. So I will wait a few more days to order.

tanandy09
03-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I agree that this forum is getting stale. :confused:

Come on guys... Post something!!

Pull your halfeights off the shelf and run them. Don't let them collect dust.

halfEIGHT
04-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Let me know what we can do to help too! :) crymynal, let us know what 3R parts you need and we'll get them in! :)

crymynal
04-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Let me know what we can do to help too! :) crymynal, let us know what 3R parts you need and we'll get them in! :)

No offense, but after looking at your prices I am going to go with RCMart. Plus shipping would probably be an arm from the US to Japan.

OvaYaHead
04-04-2007, 06:46 AM
wow I forgot I even had a MIST. I still need to put this brand new quark roadster in it and see if my lipos are bloated

Tinytacohead
04-16-2007, 08:46 AM
It's beyond dead. I bought an 09 and figured this would be the best forum out there for it, but nobody ever posts. :( Is there a more active board anywhere?

As for 3R parts, I'd kill to get a TI colored front shock tower, though I don't see that happening as they told me it's been discontinued. :rolleyes: Same for front C-hubs..

crymynal
04-16-2007, 09:30 AM
I would also like to get some TI colored Shock towers and C-hubs for my ST. 3Racing's website shows the C-hubs as "available". So I asked RCMart if they can get them for me. I have not yet seen any TI shock towers though.

Here was the place for H8 info but I am not really sure any more. Maybe you can get the 09 section started back up. GIVE IT A TRY!!! You could also check out RCU.

Tinytacohead
04-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I won a pair of TI C-hubs off them on Ebay, but they later emailed me they were out of stock and asked if I would like another color. :rolleyes: Oh, and I've got the TI rear tower, all A-arms (though I may sell them) & rear hubs, but apparently 3R has discontinued the front in that color. :mad:

Trond
05-14-2007, 01:11 PM
You posted your comment in another area, so I have removed this one. SteveR1960