PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help a newbie out?

racerxsmr
03-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Hey Everyone... I Have a pretty simple question.... The other night, I left My ST on The table with the shell off, My son got His paws on it and managed to break the antenna wire in half :eek: , My question is, if I soder the two halfs back together and heat shrink it, will it mess up the range ,or anything else? I somewhat recall hearing from somewheres that the soder will throw things off and it will not work properly, does and anyone know for sure? I would appreciate the help, I'm dying to get My ST up and running again...Thanks...

CSracing
03-24-2007, 07:25 AM
What antenna did he broke? Antenna pipe on car or transmitters antenna?

racerxsmr
03-24-2007, 03:22 PM
It's the antenna wire on the car, it was twisted in half.

tanandy09
03-24-2007, 10:04 PM
I would just try to solder/join the antenna and test the car for range and glithes. If the antenna is properly joined(No dangling rubbing wire strands), and properly insulated, it should be good as new.

If you experience glitching or range problems, you could buy replacement antenna wire to replace the whole piece.

racerxsmr
03-25-2007, 08:31 PM
sweet,I will order the replacement wire and soder it for the time being...I appreciate the help because I'm not too good with the electrical part of things yet and I did'nt want to fry anything... Thanks again... :D

tanandy09
03-26-2007, 05:30 AM
I never worry too much about damaging my R/Cs. If i fry my stock ESC, I don't see it as a lost, I see it as an opportunity to upgrade. :p

alfreddajero
04-05-2007, 04:32 PM
You can can always solder a new antenna wire on the pcb board of the rx......its easy but my only tip for you is to make sure not to keep the iron on the board for too long.