PDA

View Full Version : New here, hi, and got a question..

Tinytacohead
03-15-2007, 03:48 AM
Hi all,

As the title says, I'm new here and new to the Mini inferno. Just got'r today and love it! First thing I did was ditch the Perfex for my Novak XXL RX & MX-3 TX. (will likely put the Perfex on Ebay or use it as a spare or somthing) Anyways, I've got a question regarding the upper "brace"? (the plastic part the pressure line on the tank goes through) The pressure line was making my body sit kinda high on one side so I figured I'd remove that and see if that would help level things out. After removing it I got to wondering what it's for though and if it's needed? First thoughts were it kept dust/dirt away from the air filter, then I thought maybe to help direct airflow over the engine for cooling. After looking at things it seems like it would cause the engine to always suck warmer air, (since the air filter sits over on the other side of it), and it doesn't seem to aid in stiffening things up, so what's its' purpose? Thanks in advance for any input.

t9dragon
03-15-2007, 04:07 AM
So you removed the back pressure line for the pipe to the fuel tank? I would put it back on and adjust the body. The body sits level on mine.

Tinytacohead
03-15-2007, 04:10 AM
No, lol, the line is still connected it's just not going through the black plastic part..

t9dragon
03-15-2007, 04:16 AM
Okay. Just wanted to make sure. It should be fine then...................

Here is a pic of my 09ST and inferno.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC02109.jpg

Tinytacohead
03-15-2007, 04:23 AM
They look great - I actually found that pic a few days ago and it helped aid my final decision to buy. :) So what's the little black plastic parts purpose and does it really do anything? (just realized the fuel line is what's hitting the body, not the pressure line)

t9dragon
03-15-2007, 04:27 AM
I think it was just to hold the fuel & pressure lines. I removed my fuel line from it to.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC00012.jpg

Tinytacohead
03-15-2007, 04:39 AM
Taking a pic of the part I mean as I see yours still mounted in the last pic. It connects the top of the "spur gear housing" to the top of the steering assembly.

Tinytacohead
03-15-2007, 04:44 AM
This one, like I said it's probably some sort of brace but it doesn't seem to be needed, and it seems like it would restrict the carbeurator from getting fresh air?

Tinytacohead
03-15-2007, 04:51 AM
They just had a little too much fuel line on it from the factory, I shortened that line a smidgeon and the body sits level now. Still wondering if the upper brace is actually usefull though, both in terms of being a brace and limiting fresh airflow to the air filter/carb?

kreidel
03-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Its a splash guard.

Tinytacohead
03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
So am I silly in thinking it would cause the engine to get less fresh air? I'm a car-guy like alot of us probably are, and know you want to feed your engine cool, fresh air, instead of hot underhood air..

As for the fuel tubing being "too much", I know that's kind of a dumb statement considering how little there is between the carb & tank, but that's what was causing my body to sit funny.

kreidel - I read of all your diff problems. Are you still having them? I don't seem to find many people having issues with them other than you.

Lau
03-15-2007, 06:06 PM
hey there personally i dont think it makes much of a difference but i took mine off due to adding a fuel filter thats fixed onto of the servo plate so dont really know. btw my body fitted on normally with it on.

kreidel
03-15-2007, 06:19 PM
So am I silly in thinking it would cause the engine to get less fresh air? I'm a car-guy like alot of us probably are, and know you want to feed your engine cool, fresh air, instead of hot underhood air..

As for the fuel tubing being "too much", I know that's kind of a dumb statement considering how little there is between the carb & tank, but that's what was causing my body to sit funny.

kreidel - I read of all your diff problems. Are you still having them? I don't seem to find many people having issues with them other than you.

You might find yourself actually making the fuel line longer after you run it a few more times, unless you are a fast runner or never flip your buggy over.

I hope it is just me having these insane diff problems. I gave up on my 09, it's ashame I know since it performed so well but only getting a couple tanks inbetween rebuilds was getting old and expensive.

Tinytacohead
03-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah, the first thing I thought of when I pulled the body was dang, thats the shortest fuel line I've ever seen, and how I've always had a buncha extra in my 10th nitros. I suppose tonight I'll swap it for a longer hunk, and hopefully rout it so the body still sits level.

Thanks for the input on the Lau, I was wondering where I might stick a filter - that looks like a good spot. So do they make tiny fuel filters? What kind are you running and got any pics?

Tinytacohead
03-15-2007, 06:54 PM
...I hope it is just me having these insane diff problems. I gave up on my 09, it's ashame I know since it performed so well but only getting a couple tanks inbetween rebuilds was getting old and expensive.

Did you try the hardened steel diff gear set? I don't remember who makes it but I've seen it on Ebay and have been wondering if it's any different/beefier than stock.. (I've yet to tear my Mini down as far as diff's yet)

Lau
03-15-2007, 06:58 PM
hey im just using a norm fuel filter in normal nitros. oh btw i think the hardened steel diff set are the same as the stock ones in the 09 not too sure though

kreidel
03-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, it is a combination of ring/pinion/spider gears and diff cup. I was going to start changing the diff housings but I think if I needed to replace that much stuff for being brand new than I am over it. I am going to be packaging it up and sending back my buggy to Kyoshos doorstep. I know they won't care but I will let them throw it away since they built that piece of shit.