PDA

View Full Version : Sick Of Kyosho's crap

RURC
05-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Kyosho now says that thay will ship on May 9.

Of what damn year I wonder?

:mad: Thay also said April 1 and April 20. Thay are so full of crap I have decided to wait and see if the car is going to get any support in the US before I spend any more effort on the carbon chassis and shock towers, and the lipo batteries. I am beyond dissappointed in their utter contempt for the American market and hope the entire company folds. I have spent a lot of time and effort, not to mention the problems with getting robbed, working for this car and to have them treat us (the customer) like an unwanted, bastard, one legged and no armed, step child has me beyond furious. I like to work with companies that work WITH the consumer. Companies like Schumacher, Assoicated, Castle Creations, Multiplex, and even Losi try within reason (and sometimes beyond) to help the consumer. Kyosho feels that thay are God's gift to the RC hobby. Well I feel thay are wrong. Maybe somday I will change my mind. But that day is a long way away. :mad:

TNB
05-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Are you really upset due to the fact that some other 3-party stole your Kyosho Mini-Infernos? That's not Kyosho's fault. By the way, that May shippment date has been on the Kyosho America website for a little while already.

Myself, I also figured that since Kyosho recently opened an office in California, has been hiring personnel from other R/C companies, and is still hiring support staff, there would be some lag time during the transition period. However, I am also hoping that the move by Kyosho would be better for the consumer in the long run.

I also know of numerous hobby store owner's and personnel who have been in contact with Kyosho America and according to some rumors floating around, some of the hobby stores have the Mini-Inferno in stock, but are waiting for the May release date. Actually, I would not have been suprised if Kyosho waited until RCX which is May 21 to make a formal US release like some of the other exhibitors. In addition, I also remember how long it took Losi to get replacement and option parts to the retailers--months or at least it was after the New Year here when the Losi Mini-T was sold prior to Thanksgiving.

mOOsE
05-03-2005, 07:38 PM
the kyosho release date was dead on...april 1st they hit the stores. Its not their fault that US hobbyshops deal with Great Planes and Horizon dist. If those LHS's wanted, they could have contacted kyosho direct from Japan just like Xray or yokomo. Its actually quite suprising nobody did.

.5x8
05-03-2005, 10:36 PM
.....it also says that it wasnt going to be SHIPPED on may 9..it said it would be available on may 9th...so that means....kyosho is right..so there is no "crap" of what your saying

Hawk
05-04-2005, 12:43 AM
the kyosho release date was dead on...april 1st they hit the stores. Its not their fault that US hobbyshops deal with Great Planes and Horizon dist. If those LHS's wanted, they could have contacted kyosho direct from Japan just like Xray or yokomo. Its actually quite suprising nobody did.
:rolleyes: Sorry, you are wrong about Kyosho not being at fault. They set up and exclusive distributor ship for the U.S. with Great Planes years ago. They have seen the folly of this because GP used it to jack up the prices and control the flow of parts. They couldn't legally have sold directly to anyone in the US because of their agreement with Great Planes.
Now that they are changing their relationship with the US hobby market, they have to take a battleship of a supply chain and turn it around. I for one and some of the hobbyshop people that I have talked to about it think this will be great for everyone in the end with the exception of Great Planes though I doubt they will hurt much.
Consumers should see better availability and pricing, Hobbyshops should have better relations with Kyosho USA than the one they had, if they could get one, with Great Planes. Kyosho is a very good company and if you have looked at web sites around the world you might see things differently than your perception of Kyosho in the US.
Teething problems are real but I am hopping things get better fast. So cross your fingers.

Crunch
05-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Sorry to hear about this whole Kyosho thing in the US. I'm sure once the ball gets rolling, it will be the best thing to hit the RC world in the US.

Just give them alittle time. ;)

mOOsE
05-04-2005, 02:05 AM
I guess thats different from what I knew. I worked at a Hobbytown for 5 years and kyosho was definately frown'd upon but we ordered kyosho part from more than one distributor. I used to have a spyder WCE mk11 and parts were a pain to get !

TNB
05-04-2005, 02:44 AM
One of the local HobbyTownUSA's must also frown on Kyosho or at least someone at management level. I only write that since it appears that they stock very, very little Kyosho products and what little they do have in stock appears to be very old. And although I have been told that they will order Kyosho items, the other day while several employees were admiring my Mini-Inferno they also asked management if they were going to be stocking the Mini-Inferno. Then they asked if they could at least order Mini-Infernos for themselves through the hobby store. I just hope they don't wonder why more and more people seem to be ordering online--not only may it be faster and cheaper online, but at least it may be available.

reelinfeele
05-04-2005, 11:50 AM
dude, you seriously need to get a real life. if an r/c car has enraged you to this point you have issues. i am so glad i didnt run out and buy one of these P.O.S. as soon as they came out. more than half the people on this website have done nothing but complain and bitch about this "toy" and the manufacturer. see ya guys looks like mini t to me.

mOOsE
05-04-2005, 12:24 PM
mini-t is even more "toyish"

WhoMe
05-04-2005, 01:44 PM
They are all toys o.o lol...AHHAHA. Well anyway...umm sorry to hear you feel that way RURC. You really seemed to be one of the H8's chief supporters in the beginning. Though it sounds like you have more beef with the company than the car. And for Mr. Mini-t over there...have fun. The Mini-t is cool...but if your thinking its a race machine out of the box you are sorely mistaken. All RC cars are toys...the smaller scale race cars are new thing for the industry and it doesnt seem as if ANY of the companies..besides Xray has really taken to making these kits as nice as they make thier larger kits. I think anyone who likes the mini-cars and knows somthing about larger scale RC can agree with that. In a way I think a part of what draws me to micro cars is thier flaws...is the fact that you have to work on them to go fast. To me half the fun is hopping a car up..And Ill note; to those who like to tinker and race the Half 8 is a great race platform.

RURC
05-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Please allow me to elaborate.....
First TNB No I do not think Kyosho was behind the theft of my cars. But if you want to go there maybe if they had their s&%t togather this ahole would not have been so desperate. 3 days ago I was talking to the procusitor and he told me that in one interview the guy states that he could not buy them and wanted them. Did he mean that he could not afford them or that the LHS could not supply, Makes you wonder. But no I did not even form that thought till you made your ridiclous statement.

Now, anybody out there who has been working with Kyosho for years knows that their service here, I will be polite, sucks. I do not care whose fault it is. The blame ultimately goes to Kyosho. what ever contract they had with whoever can be broken. When your distributer dose not meet policy structures or dose not meet quality and quanty agreements any lawyer fresh out of school can get you out. When my name is on something you can be damn sure that I control and consiquently accept the positives and negatives. For years Kyosho has let down the RC flyers. Great out of box product. Then when you need something......bam...... you are out of luck. I still have parts on back order with Kyosho that have been on BO for 18 months. These parts are for planes that are 2 years old now. Which means that I ordered that parts 6 months after I bought them. I have gone over my parts list on stuff that I cannot even order because thaty will go on immeadate BO. The total ammount of these parts consist of: $150 for my 1/8 scale buggies (I have 2 Kyosho buggies); $35 for a tank;and the biggie $487 for my flyers. BitHed knows I have been takling to him to see if he can get me parts for my and several friends 777's. This has been going on for years. I have never been able to just order parts. But damnit if I want to buy a full kit thats not a problem. The "World Wide release of the H8" on April 1 was the best April Fools joke played yet by a company. Thay knew and had no intention of meeting that dead line and did nothing but LIE to the consumer AGAIN.

reelinfeele says I "need to get a real life". Buddy I partner a very large areospace manufacturing company, I do have a real life. I put out more fires in one week than you will in a year. I have spent thousands on Kyosho products and the inital product is always awesome. But it is the service after the sale that makes the long term customer a client (look up the differance). Kyosho has dropped the ball big time on this here in the states. When I was living in Germany I did not have these problems.

I have been in touch with Mrs.Tsuyuko Suzuki, Mr. Masayuki Suzuki, and Mr. Yoshiaki Morimoto. All top officals in Kyosho Japan. I have sent all my communications with Kyosho America and all reciepts and information for all my activity with Kyosho over that last 10 years. The response from them has been shocked. Thay state that this is the not the normal operation of business for them. I belive that. They say that their will be massive changes to the structure and thay will keep a hands on approach to the situation in America. One or another has sent me emails about every 2 days for the last 2 weeks. I have also recieved several letters from about 20 other officals. All of them are recieving my communications to all the forums I write on and articals I write on the subject for publication.

I hope this clears up the false feelings that this is a new feeling for me. This has been building for a long time.

RURC
05-04-2005, 01:56 PM
They are all toys o.o lol...AHHAHA. Well anyway...umm sorry to hear you feel that way RURC. You really seemed to be one of the H8's chief supporters in the beginning. Though it sounds like you have more beef with the company than the car. And for Mr. Mini-t over there...have fun. The Mini-t is cool...but if your thinking its a race machine out of the box you are sorely mistaken. All RC cars are toys...the smaller scale race cars are new thing for the industry and it doesnt seem as if ANY of the companies..besides Xray has really taken to making these kits as nice as they make thier larger kits. I think anyone who likes the mini-cars and knows somthing about larger scale RC can agree with that. In a way I think a part of what draws me to micro cars is thier flaws...is the fact that you have to work on them to go fast. To me half the fun is hopping a car up..And Ill note; to those who like to tinker and race the Half 8 is a great race platform.

YES That is the case. Like I said in the previous statement the out of box is great. The H8 is great and a blast to drive. On a performance level. I am doing lap times almost dead even as with my B4 race machine. Some times faster sometimes slower but running about the same overall. I am just tired of how thay conduct business in the US. I will not accept a blame on GP. The ultimate responsiability goes to Kyosho period. If I can't control my reps I will fire them with impunity. Thay will represent my company the way I want it done.

BTW Yes I can be a real prick to work for. But I know that and I compensate well for it.

WhoMe
05-04-2005, 02:03 PM
No sweat RURC...this is bigger than the H8. It seems to be a failure of thier distribution and customer service infrastructure in the United States. Im new to Kyosho...but Ive heard this before from my friends..."Kyosho makes great cars...but good luck getting support". x.x Well lets hope that changes and people dont use this post as a platform to bash the H8..and P. O. S. it out the wazoo. Thats just...irritating. lol Take it easy RURC, I hope you will continue to post here. Your projects and information are invalueble to those who enjoy this particular toy.

RURC
05-04-2005, 02:24 PM
No sweat RURC...this is bigger than the H8. It seems to be a failure of thier distribution and customer service infrastructure in the United States. Im new to Kyosho...but Ive heard this before from my friends..."Kyosho makes great cars...but good luck getting support". x.x Well lets hope that changes and people dont use this post as a platform to bash the H8..and P. O. S. it out the wazoo. Thats just...irritating. lol Take it easy RURC, I hope you will continue to post here. Your projects and information are invalueble to those who enjoy this particular toy.

Cant get rid of me that easily. But I am serious that I will not invest more money till I see their cards are stacking up right. I am OC on the things I do.

BitHed
05-04-2005, 04:27 PM
...So basically what we are ALL saying and agreeing on is that KYOSHO products are great out of the box but their after-sale support sux...Cant complain with that...Its the truth...

...Fellas I LIVE in Japan...KYOSHO HQ isnt that far away...maybe 2, 3 hours on the trains, thats close for Japan ;) But they have ALWAYS been disorganised...They couldnt organise a wet paperbag fight...they couldnt get laid in a brothel and if they fell out of a boat they wouldnt hit the water...One KYOSHO guy made me a cup of tea and burned the hot water...I asked another guy for a blank piece of paper like the one I just handed him and he said he would go and copy some...They even delayed one of their MiniZ items once because there was a SARS scare in the factory...

...I am not saying RURC is wrong...He is VERY right...I mean KYOSHO will be LAST to market with alloy towers!! DUH!! Plan it, design it, fabricate it, program it, package it, promote it, ship it and THEN realise that no one wants one because they have all bought from someone else...

...I seriously think its because the KYOSHO HQ is near the ocean...lol...too much salt air...

Hawk
05-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Absolutely. I bought the thing because we race MP777SP1 and though of it as a key fob or something. When it showed up I was impressed with what they did and that with a few (standard from the point of view of racing) changes, this could be a pretty imposing machine. I am considering (my son keeps pushing) racing it in 4wd mod electric if they let me. I think this is better than the 1/10 buggies they use now, or at least has the potential. I handles like the real deal and is very tunable.

Kyosho worried me in terms of my racing efforts because I was concerned with availability of parts. I am happy that it doesn't break much but I can't depend on that, it is just sloppy. I stocked up on parts and have a complete car for backup (and parts if neccesary).

As far as distribution, hobby chains didn't carryl Kyosho because Great Planes opened their online and mail order house Tower in direct competition with the LHS. Many stores made it a point of not carrying some product lines because they were only available through Great Planes. Futaba is another one. The demand for Futaba gear is so great most stores can't or don't ignore it completely but many do. It is because of the GP distribution and Tower compretition.

I think Kyosho America, when it gets on its own feet, will be a great thing for the hobby, top to bottom. It is not like Kyosho dominace of the hobby world needs more help. They have many very good product lines and very good quality.

Hang in there with the transition, it should be straightened out soon. :D

Smoothound
05-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I'm not positive on this and someone will jump on me with size 10's if I'm full of it but as far as i am aware Kyosho's UK Distributor was dropped or dumped them recently and so currently they have no disti here currently....?

RURC
05-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Years of being pushed aside and not taken care of have taken their toll. If (big IF) I reccomend one of their products I will point out heavly how poorly I have been treated over the past 10 years. As a matter of fact look at my new signature.

The transitition has already started out with 2 lies to me from Kyosho of America. That is quite enouf for me to not only be scared but to tell anyone and everyone I can about this. I hope it gives them notice and thay know where it started, with them, Kyosho. Thy dropped the ball and screwed the entire country and lied about it.

TNB
05-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Thy dropped the ball and screwed the entire country and lied about it.
Sounds like typical politics to me. ;)