PDA

View Full Version : Engine wont start

Lau
02-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi got a problem the engine wont start. When i push down onto the starter box the car seems to start but then it cuts and it wont even start. I dont know whats wrong. Please help. ive tried changing the glow plug but doesnt make a difference.

BiGRoB21
02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
check for a air leak.

Lau
02-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey i dont think there is a air leak but just in case how do i check cause this is my first nitro so i dont know much. Also wheres the most likely place for a leak? Also is there meant to be a gap between the engine head and the case.

BiGRoB21
02-22-2007, 03:13 PM
yes there is susposed to be a small gap. wehn you start the car if you have air bubbles in the fuel line there is a air leak. change the fuel line first then check the seal on the tank. if that dosent stop it then its somewhere in the motor... probley the back plate.

Lau
02-22-2007, 05:04 PM
okay did all that and checked but there was no leak. I checked the backplate there was nothing wrong. Nothing wrong on the tank. No bubbles in fuel line. I checked the engine and the crack was kinda loose letting it move forward and back but i fixed that and now it doesnt move forward and back. I tried to start it up and it starts up but it revs really high and doesnt calm down and then if i put my finger within a inch or two of the exhaust it cuts.

Any solutions?

BiGRoB21
02-22-2007, 06:14 PM
are you running a new gallon of fuel?

Lau
02-22-2007, 06:19 PM
no its still on the first litre of fuel that im using. It was running fine on monday then it stopped working on tuesday and ive been trying to get it started again.

BiGRoB21
02-22-2007, 06:28 PM
try some new fuel. maby it got contaminated or something.

Lau
02-22-2007, 07:21 PM
hey yea just search google for the symptons of fuel contamination and your right or well i hope you are. I live in the uk and although it hasnt been sunny it has been warm in my conservatory which i accidently left my fuel in which prob how it got warmed up and stopped working. Also i just had a look at my filler bottle and yea theres condensation so damn looks like im gonna have to go to my lhs tomorrow. Thanks for the help bigrob

BiGRoB21
02-22-2007, 09:57 PM
no problem. glad i could help

t9dragon
02-23-2007, 05:30 AM
I would start by replacing your fuel lines............................ :D