PDA

View Full Version : new here! tell me waht i need to know

.5x8
05-02-2005, 11:42 PM
im planning to preorder the h8 for my b-day....coming up in about a few days...im also planning to get the MAMBA so yeh....im going to sell my 1/10 scale buggy and get the h8 with a mamba...so what should i know about this car? i need to know the PROS AND CONS PLEASE! thanks

TNB
05-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Have you reviewed the other threads yet?

.5x8
05-03-2005, 01:49 AM
no....but i would like you to tell em anyways? lol

.5x8
05-03-2005, 02:34 AM
o yeh..and can someone tell me after buying everything i need..how much it would cost...things liek..the car and batteries combined? and do they come with a stock tamiya plug? im having problems with deans...liek i said in my other thread...

mpetrich
05-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Dude, chill out. :mad: As TNB already stated...check out the other threads...they have all the information you need and how to get the Half8 to perform very well, especially with a Mamba. Price, that is impossible to answer. It all depends on what you want and where you shop. Do some homework and all the answers are there if you look. When you have a specific question, please post and we can help.
Matt

mOOsE
05-03-2005, 07:33 PM
It will only cost you an arm and not the leg...:D

.5x8
05-03-2005, 10:34 PM
lol...well i checked the other threads.....is there ANYTHING ELSE?

mOOsE
05-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Don't get too frustrated with the car out of the box. It needs some work with the tranny and slipper clutch. I personally like to build my cars so when I tore this car apart to fix some weaknesses, I felt even more satisfied. Its does seem a little "toyish" stock but with some effort, it can be the luxary micro that nobody else makes.

.5x8
05-04-2005, 03:01 AM
yeh i read from other threads that...i need a new servo....a mamba....bearings....batteries..and need to tighten the slipper ALOT! how tight to i need to tighten the slipper? all the way? and how much would the big grand total be? i say close to 250-300 bucks? for the radio im gonna use my spare AM blazer..lol for now...so it seems like im going to get the CAR for most....and the battery first...maybe bearings if i can get em cheap..

Crunch
05-04-2005, 03:40 AM
Get all the essentials to start first (Of course, the car too), play with the settings including the shocks (the Kyosho optional set), slipper and what not.

When you get the hang of it, get the Mamba then. It all comes down to getting to know the ins and outs of the car. Don't go all out and install this and that without knowing what the car is capable of to begin with.

Aftermarket parts are very temping, but pointless if you don't know what they do.

I have not ran my H8 yet, still waiting for some free time to tear the car completely apart to fix all the diffs and bearings.

Just my .02 cents.
:)

.5x8
05-04-2005, 04:13 AM
alright thanks

half8 abuser
05-04-2005, 10:28 AM
alright thanks

$hit mang, you just should have sent me $600 dollars and I would have sent you and mini inferno ready to bash.

All joking aside, I think you have an idea of how much work and money you will have to sink into this thing to make it fun.

Slipper clutch needs the washer scuffed and tightened down to where you like it. It all depends what motor you are running. Peace.

BitHed
05-04-2005, 04:43 PM
...decent batteries...decent bearings...tighten the slipper...lube ALL the diffs...begin to lighten it with titty screws...the H8 needs love and affection...You want a no-brainer great running car out of the box go 18T...as several people have said and we have actually SEEN h8abuser melt down LIVE on this site, out of the box its a POS but its what it does AFTER that that makes this platform the best 'smaller-than-1:10' on the planet ;)

...Those who understand, just understand...those who dont understand, just hop-up their 18T ;)

.5x8
05-04-2005, 10:51 PM
naw man...i luv this buggy..i want it! yeh tahts the first thing im gonna do....when i buy the buggy....im gonna do all taht slipper shiet...buy like 1 or 2 gp1100s...i need like 2 extra male dean plugs...some bearings..and a servo..how much are bearings for this baby? so lets see.....im gonna buy the yellow one..lol cuz it cheapeR! lmao..uh.lets see...im gonna buy bearings...1 batt. pack, and a servo if the stock one is crap..how much is all that gonna cost? lets see...i think 165 for the car...batt. pack..25 bucks? and servo...14? lol 15?

.5x8
05-04-2005, 10:52 PM
o yeh...when i get the car.....SHOW ME SUM LINKS FOR THE SLIPPER, AND THE FRICKEN STEERING RACK! TO FIX IT!! THANKS YO! (ps im gonna use my lil extra blazer am for now....get rid of tat stockky mushy..)

mOOsE
05-05-2005, 02:28 AM
bearings are cheeeeeeep. 6 bucks ebay.

.5x8
05-05-2005, 02:34 AM
=] thanks! ill probably get alot of stuff off ebay..wat servo should i use? and is plastic so mandatory? i use plastic gears in my 1/10 scale buggy and tc3..and i have had no problems