PDA

View Full Version : Different engine

Lau
02-10-2007, 10:46 PM
hey i wondered has anyone done this or knows of a engine that will fit as it seems all the other small engines have a side exhaust.

Mini-ST_basher
02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi,

If you want a boost in power Murnan modified motors sell a modded sirio 09, I got one and I"m just so amazed!!!!

Actually it blew up my rear diff today!! www.murnanmodified.com

No knows where I can find a complete diff online??

Thanks!

Migs
02-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi,

If you want a boost in power Murnan modified motors sell a modded sirio 09, I got one and I"m just so amazed!!!!

Actually it blew up my rear diff today!! www.murnanmodified.com (http://www.murnanmodified.com/)

No knows where I can find a complete diff online??

Thanks!

I was looking at that Murnan modified 09 motor a while back and thought about getting one myself eventually. Sounds like it packs quite a punch. Are you running 20% or 30% nitro in it...? Does it sound any different than the stock motor...? Are you running the stock pipe with it...?

As far as your blown rear diff... I don't know anyplace that has a complete diff available but you can check out Nitrohouse.com and buy the parts individually...

http://nitrohouse.com/parts_kyo_mini_09.htm

Mini-ST_basher
02-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Hi Migs,

Happy to see your interest into the Modded sirio, I'm running 25% nitro and I was impressed with the sound difference as soon as the engine first started, it was like a 4 stroke mill!! :eek:

The Tuned pipe is on its way and I'm curious to see if it will increase power or not, I'm having leaking probs with the stock pipe so the optional in-line one should help hopefully!

I would say that raw torque is way higher than stock but you can definately hear more top end also

You can expect 20 to 30% increase in power! :cool:

Its a very good buy as far as I'm concerned!

Migs
02-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi Migs,

Happy to see your interest into the Modded sirio, I'm running 25% nitro and I was impressed with the sound difference as soon as the engine first started, it was like a 4 stroke mill!! :eek:

The Tuned pipe is on its way and I'm curious to see if it will increase power or not, I'm having leaking probs with the stock pipe so the optional in-line one should help hopefully!

I would say that raw torque is way higher than stock but you can definately hear more top end also

Wow...!!! That's some great feedback on the modded Sirio. I'll have to try one out in the next month or so when time and money permit me to. Like yourself, I'm curious to see if the Kyosho race pipe for the 09 adds any torque/power increase or if it's just cosmetic bling.

Mini-ST_basher
02-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Migs,

If you get one I hope you wont be dissapointed because of my "over" great feedback but Uriah did confirm by email the (at least) 20% increase in the powerband

This can be a great engine for those who did the ST conversion!

The only thing is that the modded engine is so efficient that the stock carb settings are completely "off" compared to stock, what I mean is the engine could handle a much leaner setting but because its a single needle carb the engine stalls at top end b/c of the lack of fuel...

I still think the single carb from sirio is very well made, you can get pretty close to an engine peforming with a two needle carb

I'm running temps like 240°/50° which is perfect balance between motor life/performance

I'll let you know how the racing exhaust kit works b/c its damn expensive!!

I wonder if the stock needles could be modded??? :confused:

Migs
02-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Migs,

If you get one I hope you wont be dissapointed because of my "over" great feedback but Uriah did confirm by email the (at least) 20% increase in the powerband

This can be a great engine for those who did the ST conversion!

The only thing is that the modded engine is so efficient that the stock carb settings are completely "off" compared to stock, what I mean is the engine could handle a much leaner setting but because its a single needle carb the engine stalls at top end b/c of the lack of fuel...

I still think the single carb from sirio is very well made, you can get pretty close to an engine peforming with a two needle carb

I'm running temps like 240°/50° which is perfect balance between motor life/performance

I'll let you know how the racing exhaust kit works b/c its damn expensive!!

I wonder if the stock needles could be modded??? :confused:

I'm sure I won't be disappointed with the motor if/when I get one. A lot of the r/c hobby is trial and error, experimenting, etc... I agree that this modded motor would be great for the 09 ST conversion like I've already done. Are you still getting a good smoke trail with the engine temps at 240/250....? I usually run my nitro motors in that temp range as well depending on the motor.

Mini-ST_basher
02-17-2007, 06:23 AM
Yeah, the engine seems to like running around these temps and at WOT there's a nice trail of smoke

BTW, I was reading an RC mag last night and Sirio has a new version of the 09 on the Way!!Its called the 09R, it has the large cooling head and black cranckcase

Dont know if they have changed the porting, timing or carb yet...

Its meant for the mini-nitro market, not only the MI 09

Got to know more about that little beast...

Lau
02-17-2007, 10:30 AM
wow sounds interesting do you know any more info about his new sirio?

Which mag was it as i cant find any info of it online

Mini-ST_basher
02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Its a French mag called "Power modelisme" but it was a review of the Nuremberg Hobby fair in Germany where every Big RC Brands show their new and/or future products...

I'm sure it will come out as a Kyosho upgrade just like the hop ups for the sirio 09 at the moment

wongy008
02-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Hi Migs,

hmm interesting thread
a new more powerful 09 will be the nuts but im thinking the whole drivetrain may need to be uprated to take the power

when you say 20 to 30 increase in power are we talking torque?? or top end power/RPM

if its a 20/30 increase in both it will be worth getting

drpoomanchu
02-19-2007, 01:22 AM
What pipe will you be using? Is it the Kyosho alum. race pipe? That engine looks awesome by the way! Great grab! I know what I will purchase next.... :D

kreidel
02-19-2007, 01:37 AM
hmm interesting thread
a new more powerful 09 will be the nuts but im thinking the whole drivetrain may need to be uprated to take the power

when you say 20 to 30 increase in power are we talking torque?? or top end power/RPM

if its a 20/30 increase in both it will be worth getting

I can't keep the dog bones or rear diff in it now, more power means more problems.

Mini-ST_basher
02-19-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm waiting for the racing exhaust pipe, its on the way and I hope it will actually help the engine to deliver all its power...

I dont think its only a 100% bling hop up, well I hope so anyway!

Wongy, the engine is more powerful everywhere but raw torque is the most noticeable increase

Basically, the engine is just better!! But, yes you better stock up on center dog bones wich are to weak even with stock engine and I really hope Kyosho is going to someting about this!!!!

the rear diff holds up fine but it needs to be checked often to avoid stripping gears when the screws becomes a little unloose, thats what happened with mine!

Please, SOMEONE do something for these center DOG BONES!!!

Lau
02-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey mini st hope you get the racing exhaust soon cant wait to hear about it. about the center dog bones i found this

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/newparts.html

about half way down the page there is
No.IHW205
Center Universal Shaft (Front)
No.IHW206
Center Universal Shaft (Rear)

dont know if you seen this before but it seems to be a upgrade of the stock ones.

kreidel
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
the rear diff holds up fine but it needs to be checked often to avoid stripping gears when the screws becomes a little unloose, thats what happened with mine!

Please, SOMEONE do something for these center DOG BONES!!!

This is what has been happening to me causing diff failure. If the diff cupp were metal maybe the screws would hold better and not want to back out.

As far as the center dog bones, I can't believe how fast they wear out.

Mini-ST_basher
02-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Lau,

Wow, those new parts are exactly what I need!! Plus they're CVDs wich will improve the whole transmision!!

Thanks for the link, I just hope they already available...

BiGRoB21
02-20-2007, 04:59 PM
i think im going to get one of the modded motors for my next one. sounds sweet. however im having trouble keeping the arms from breaking! broke 3 of them so far. i guess the 3racing arms arent as strong as the kyosho ones.

Migs
02-20-2007, 05:14 PM
i think im going to get one of the modded motors for my next one. sounds sweet. however im having trouble keeping the arms from breaking! broke 3 of them so far. i guess the 3racing arms arent as strong as the kyosho ones.

Rob... aren't you running the 3Racing delrin ST arms...?

BiGRoB21
02-20-2007, 06:03 PM
yep! they are garbage.

Mini-ST_basher
02-20-2007, 07:34 PM
BTW, the new center CVDs are in stock in LHS here in France, just ordered both F/R should be here thursday!!!! YES!!

By the way there is also a new lightweight 7075 chassis + alloy torque rods ref:IHW 203 IHW207/208

Have a look at it here:http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/newparts.html

thanks again to Lau for the link!!!

Scroll down a little

BiGRoB21
02-20-2007, 08:00 PM
how much were the center cvd's?
and the chassis braces ?

wongy008
02-20-2007, 08:13 PM
I have a set of universal front swing shafts for sale
they're genuine kyosho items i ordered for my LHS.im now using the xspede 1/10 convertors and shafts so these kjyosho items are form sale

they literally been fitteded and run once for 10 mintues and then been taken back out

anyone in the UK want them??

£10 delivered
cost me £20

here are pics of the exhaust. still not had a chance to run it yet

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/wongy008/DSC00564.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/wongy008/DSC00561.jpg

Lau
02-20-2007, 10:22 PM
wow the exhaust looks nice wongy where do you get your parts cause my lhs doesnt do kyosho parts and it seems you live in the uk as well.

bigrob the kyosho site says its 21$ for front center universal and $22 for the rear.

mini st no prob glad i could help ya too bad my lhs doesnt have these parts

wongy008
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
LAU

i ordered my bits through my LHS. they order the bits in from france i think.
im still waiting for a few bits though.

im gonna order the front an rear centre shafts soon
my aim is to make my 09 faster but also more reliable too

Lau
02-20-2007, 11:35 PM
hey guys found a link to a pic of this s09r

http://kyoshofrance.com/uk1/k-mag-technique-sirio-2007.htm

its the first pic also has a tiny descrip after all the pics near the bottom

think it looks very nice

Lau
02-21-2007, 11:31 PM
just had a look at the murnan modified version and it seems to have increased in price by $20 does anyone know why?

BiGRoB21
02-22-2007, 01:07 AM
because it is modified. meaning tuned for better preformance.

Lau
02-23-2007, 03:02 PM
just ordered myself those center cvds hope their good. damn my lhs said that kyoshofrance said the racing exhaust not available till mid march :(

cant wait to hear more bout this new engine

Tinytacohead
03-15-2007, 04:04 AM
I'm brand new to both the 1/16th and Inferno scene.. got my 09 from Ebay today and have noticed a few of the aluminum exhausts on Ebay, with shipping listed as worldwide.

Tinytacohead
04-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Well so far I've yet to read the 09R was any different than stock, other than comming with the optional parts for the current 09.. (meaning: blue head, aluminum backplate, aluminum flywheel, and black crank case) Anybody found any further information, or happen to have a pic of the blue head installed in a Mini? Also, anybody tried the aluminum flywheel yet?

Lau
04-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Hey no just can find what you just said about the parts being optional upgrades.

However i couldnt wait for that so i bought a sts mt12 and in the process of modding the MI to fit it.

Tinytacohead
04-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Allready cramming a .12 in it?! cool, haha. Be sure to post pics and info when she's in. I've yet to even run my 09, though I've always preferred having both high & low speed needles for tuning.. I'm anxious to see if this little thing runs as well as I've read. Hope to be ordering some fuel this week, though I may wind up spending that $$$ @ Victoria's Secret instead. :p

Lau
04-02-2007, 03:53 PM
lmao yea this was my first nitro i have to say i had no difficulty going from electric to this. very easy to use the one needle. yea this is my first ever mod so wont be good lol but will make sure to post pics :p having trouble though finding a right clutchbell as the one i have now although seems to mesh its not a clean mesh as the teeth on clutch bell is bigger than the teeth on the center gear. anyone know a clutchbell thats the same size as the revo (one ive got now) but has similar teeth as the 09 clutch bell where its pointed teeth?