PDA

View Full Version : 09 st wheels & tires

drpoomanchu
02-04-2007, 05:41 PM
I just bought everything for the St. conversion except for wheels & tires. Has anyone run across anything new? What do you think about the stock St's. I saw MIGS setup, by the way, looks sweet. Bigrobs looks good to. What are the two of you running. thanks guys!

BiGRoB21
02-04-2007, 07:28 PM
i have the stock tires. im going to be posting more pics of mine very soon. i just fixed the front arm. i have the kyosho yellow rim tires.

drpoomanchu
02-05-2007, 02:42 AM
I just bought the yellow stock ST's. If they are anything like the buggy's tire, they should do fairly well on hard pack track. at least I thought they were decent.

BiGRoB21
02-05-2007, 03:08 AM
they will work pretty well, but expect them to wear pretty quick. they are very soft so you will get tons of traction

t9dragon
02-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Here are pics of my ST 09. I know it doesn't have the ST body but as soon as someone makes a one piece body, it will have one......... :D

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC00424.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC02109.jpg

Lau
02-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Hey i just bought some 3racing wheels and tyres which are for the st. ill hopefully have a go with them on wed or sat will post how they are if you want

drpoomanchu
02-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I just got the yellow st wheels and tires and completed the conversion over the weekend. I will be painting up my x-citer body soon. I'll post pics of it when its done. I also just mounted the race exhaust and header last week. I broke the rear wheel hub carrier, waiting on aluminum fix. Cant wait to hear it :D Thanks guys for the help. Anyone running the the race pipe? if so how is it?

t9dragon
02-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Race Pipe? Any pics?

drpoomanchu
02-14-2007, 03:20 PM
This is the Racing pipe from kyosho. Its aluminum but I dont see any real changes in size. Maybe very slight changes. With an engine this small maybe the changes to the pipe arent as apparent?

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7264/dscn3637ar9.jpg

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4315/dscn3639vu4.jpg

Migs
02-14-2007, 05:04 PM
This is the Racing pipe from kyosho. Its aluminum but I dont see any real changes in size. Maybe very slight changes. With an engine this small maybe the changes to the pipe arent as apparent?

Did you order that pipe directly from Kyosho or somewhere else...? I had one on order with Kyosho but got an automated email from them saying it's on backorder so I cancelled my order.

drpoomanchu
02-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Kyosho sent me the same E-mail saying 8+wks, so I called SHOPATRON, its the company that deals w/ kyoshos online sales. I talked to someone there and she checked on it. She told me that they had been receiving a very low quantity of these pipes. She said I had gotten the last on the shippment. :D . I got lucky! I would call them, call the # on the E-mail or call Kyosho. They might be able to tell you more than you think. I was presently suprised :D GOOD LUCK!

Migs
02-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Kyosho sent me the same E-mail saying 8+wks, so I called SHOPATRON, its the company that deals w/ kyoshos online sales. I talked to someone there and she checked on it. She told me that they had been receiving a very low quantity of these pipes. She said I had gotten the last on the shippment. :D . I got lucky! I would call them, call the # on the E-mail or call Kyosho. They might be able to tell you more than you think. I was presently suprised :D GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I'm not really in a hurry for the pipe in fact that's why I cancelled the order. I haven't even really run my 09ST since I converted it. It's basically been sitting and collecting dust. I know... pretty sad but I've just been really busy lately and haven't had time for any of my r/c stuff. Even considered selling my 09ST but would probably regret it in the long run. I got a little carried away after Christmas with buying some other r/c kits... RC18R, Scalpel, etc... Too many projects, too little time and money.