PDA

View Full Version : How tight are you guys running your slippers?

az_kanai
05-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I read a few threads that you guys are damaging the slipper and/or gears , I don not want to over tighten and strip out gears that I can't easily get...any recommondations...I'm at 4mm right now and it accelerates faster in reverse.

But puttting in a brushless (8000 mamba which I just won on ebay but thinking not a good idea how , cause how it slips) will only make it worse....I'm gas guy and my k3 doesn't have no slipper ..is the a way to ditch the slipper or lock it with out damaging anything.?????

Just wondering ???.......thanks

gustav
05-01-2005, 05:41 PM
i have tighten my slipper so much as possible but i should glue the slipper if i have a mamba..

half8 abuser
05-01-2005, 06:42 PM
My slipper is as tight as you wear your superman underwear and that’s tight :) No but really just take the thing apart and scuff the washer in there and you should be fine. You can still dial in some slip so it doesn’t hurt the gears but still good enough to get the thing moving.

Right now I have mine scuffed and tighten as far as it goes and it is basically locked now. I haven’t had any problem with the gears so far. But I really haven’t heard of anyone having any problems with the gears other than they are just really loud.

How much did you get your mamba for? Make sure to buy a heat sink for it because it will get to hot.

hkopium
05-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Just my personal opinion, the slipper is there for a reason - to protect the gears. Since the stock gears are plastic, I suggest keeping the slipper there. I only tightened my slipper 3-4 "rounds" to minimize speed lost at launching the H8. Iwill definitely "glue" it after I found some metal gears to fit inside it. But with plastic gears, I rather losing some speed than damaging the gears since no spare parts are available at this moment. You damaged your H8, you don't know how long you haave to wait...

mOOsE
05-01-2005, 11:52 PM
It is highly unlikely you will damage your gears without a slipper. The main reason off-road vehicles strip gears is because of jumping. But the half eight also has a center diff creating an even smaller chance that gears will strip. I personally think the slipper is over-kill for a micro and I would lock it all the way up.

WhoMe
05-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Slipper is great when you have so much power that your constantly cutting the wheels loose and doing donuts. But so far I personally havent had that much power in my H8 yet. So mine is pretty much locked.

TNB
05-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Mine is tight, but not locked.