PDA

View Full Version : my 09 ST

BiGRoB21
01-30-2007, 01:16 AM
well after waiting a long time I finally came across a mini inferno 09. And like I had planned to do from the say it came out, I converted it to the ST platform. 3racing front and rear towers, TI turnbuckles, atomic wheel hexes, alloy toe blocks, mip front cvd's and 3racing rear universals. For the radio im running my kopropo helios with spektrum micro rx. the stock servos seem fine right now, but im going to put the digital futaba on the stearing on. The only thing I have left to get is the body which I am working on right now.

I know in the pic one of the arms is broken. Thats what i got for trying to clear the biggest jump on the track when I didnt have a good enought run cause of it being wet, but no worries as i have 2 sets of spares on the way.

set up wise i have made a few changes. put losi 32 1/2w oil in the front shocks with the 27 1/2w in the rear. made shure all my toe and camber angles were to my likeing. also took the glue like greese out the diffs and filled the front with 4k and the rear with 2k.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/regulatorz21/09st001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/regulatorz21/09st002.jpg

FHM101
02-25-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't know how it would work on the 09 but I wound up using a cut up PL buggy shell for an under cover, topped with a stock ST shell on the EP ST I just built. It took a bit of creative trimming to get the joint right, but all in all it came out pretty good and cost less than using the 2 Kyosho pieces. I've been hoping for a one piece truck shell for the ST, but after some thought I believe the width to height ratio is too much for a one piece that would look decent. Take a look at the parma exciter truck shell made to fit the MI and you will see what I'm talking about. It's too wide to get a decent look with the short height from a one piece shell. A one piece shell pulled to the same shape as the current two piece would be nice though.

BiGRoB21
02-26-2007, 12:37 AM
i have my body in just need to find the time to paint. had a death in the family. pluss school and work