PDA

View Full Version : Simply Unknown

theturd
05-01-2005, 05:44 AM
Hi,

My name is Steven Chao. I work at AON Electric. We are looking for limited number of brushless motor testers for this particular car. Because the availability of this Kyosho buggy is limited, there isn't any limitation on location and ESL (English as Second Language). However, please do not even try if you are thinking about FREE LOADING A BRUSHLESS MOTOR.

There are guidelines and interview process required on all testers. We are specifically after a particular sector in this particular testing round.

My email is schao@aonelectric.com

Peace,
Steven Chao
AON Electric

TNB
05-01-2005, 06:16 AM
It was nice meeting you the other day. :)

Smoothound
05-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Sounds cool, a lot of the T-Rex guys are using Aon motors currently although I've not tried one myself as I've not seen them for sale over here...

supafastsupra2
05-01-2005, 01:36 PM
hey steve,its daniel from miami,i emailed you a couple days ago to see if i was eligible but have yet to get a response,so,could you please post reply here or through email if i could be one?

plain_simple
05-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Chao, You got mail... :)

acsubie
05-01-2005, 07:38 PM
hey steve, tried to install the aon in the H8, the stock motor mount screws will not work with the aon motor, the stock screws are too short and will just end up stripping the aon motor holes, then if you try a longer "button" head screw the mount will hit into the slipper housing

so what im trying to get at, longer screws similar to the stock screws are needed for proper Aon mounting

TNB
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Acsubie,
You want screws too? I can't remember which screws I used since I had the Castle Creations CM2080 8000Kv Motor in it first, but I do know that I simply unscrewed that brushless motor and installed the AON motor using the same screws I used with the Castle Motor.

Here is a post-run photo. In case anyone is wondering, I removed the gear housing to take temp readings after I took temp readings with the gear cover on. I also took photos of the terrain, which is rougher than the local 1/8th scale off-road tracks.
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album649/PostRun.jpg

Steve,
You've got email, with photos, and a preliminary review.

BitHed
05-01-2005, 10:54 PM
...TNB so how did it get ? Good? Better? Worse Than anything so far ?

...I am looking forward to being involved in this :) And Steven is such a helluva stright-forward, up-front guy...

TNB
05-02-2005, 12:06 AM
So what temps were you getting again?

Temperatures
Ambient Temp: 74F (via Yahoo so probably slightly hotter).
Street Temp: 126F (Rayteck MiniTemp locking laser temp gun)
Driveway Temp: 110F
Red Rocks: 136F
Gray Rocks: 128F (larger than red rocks)

Motor Temps Post Run (without a motor heat sink)
Front: 130F Without Plastic Cover:138F
Case: 128F - Actually my chicken scratching may be 178F here.
Rear: 132F
ESC: 115F

Run Time: 11:15 am – 11:25 (10 minutes).

Buggy Set Up (Non-Stock Options)
Motor: AON Electronic Thrust T2415-4900 brushless motor
-Heat sink NOT used
Speed Control: Castle Creation’s Mamba-25
Battery: Thunder Power 1900 mah Li-Polymer 3 Cell 11.1V battery pack
-Ultra Dean’s connector
Pinion: Team Trinity Mini-T Hi-Speed 14T Metal Pinion Gear
Servo: HiTec HS-5125MG “Thin” Digital Wing Servo
Shocks: Duratrax DTXC3500 Competition Shocks
Bearings: Losi Mini-T Ball Bearings
Front Shock Tower: Carbon Fiber
Receiver: JR RS300
Radio: JR XS3

acsubie
05-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Acsubie,
You want screws too? I can't remember which screws I used since I had the Castle Creations CM2080 8000Kv Motor in it first, but I do know that I simply unscrewed that brushless motor and installed the AON motor using the same screws I used with the Castle Motor.

no you smartass i dont want free screws also, just warning those that the stock H8 screws will strip the motor holes

BitHed
05-04-2005, 04:49 PM
...ok so what screws am i going to need? Considering i dont HAVE a mamba motor i cant use TNB's advice...any metric measurements of the right sized screw or are you guys ging to make me raid the screw box again...

...QUESTION: Pinions...what teeth pinions is everyone using and with what results? Low? High? 12? 16? 11? And the shaft is 2mm right...

...TNB those heats you are getting are interesting...But I am metric im sorry ;) Basically is it hotter than a mamba?

...Ascubie what pinions are you running? Man i have a wave of NOOBINESS coming on :o

TNB
05-04-2005, 07:22 PM
I've been using 14T and 16T pinions. The temps I recorded with the T2415 were lower than the CM2080. However, I lowered the pinion from a 16T to a 14T before running it though the CM2080 had a heat sink and the T2415 did not. I'll probably hit the 1/8th scale track this weekend for a quick run and I'll retemp everything again though the motor temps may be even lower as long as the ambient temps aren't too high.