PDA

View Full Version : tires, tires, tires..

jaejw1
01-25-2007, 05:46 AM
well i finally got myself a vendetta truggy.. but im using the MI ST wheels/tires.. my thing is this.. does anyone know of a company or has any information on a company that will be making different treads for this wheel.. something made for a hard pack clay dirt

BiGRoB21
01-25-2007, 05:20 PM
3racing is the only company i know of right now that makes st tires, im shure you could make your own by cutting up a pair of 10th scalers

Migs
01-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Try the 3Racing ones and let us know how they work out for you.... :D

BiGRoB21
01-25-2007, 08:40 PM
from the description on the 3racing site thoes arent going to be good for hardpacked. they claim they are good for a track with a little bit of loose stuff on the top.

Migs
01-25-2007, 09:11 PM
from the description on the 3racing site thoes arent going to be good for hardpacked. they claim they are good for a track with a little bit of loose stuff on the top.

Ya, I was looking at the tread pattern and those pins are pretty stubby. I could see them wearing down pretty quickly.

jaejw1
01-26-2007, 06:05 AM
well i sent an email to proline asking if they will make a set of crime fighters for the ST... i will post a copy of the return email once i get it..

btw,, the stock tires.. if sprayed with wd40 and allowed to sit for about 30minutes.. work much bettero

StreetStX
01-26-2007, 02:42 PM
How's that work? What exactly does it do?

jaejw1
01-26-2007, 03:58 PM
it is an old and inexpensive trick,,, it soften the tires while keeping the dirt from caking ,,,, especially on a freshly done track that is still wet..

from what i understand motocross guys do this to the motorcycle tires to prevent the dirt from covering the tires..

and i actually read it in a rc magazine about 2 years ago..

BiGRoB21
01-26-2007, 04:38 PM
in motocross we use it inder the fenders so the mud dosent cake, not on the tires.

jaejw1
01-26-2007, 05:31 PM
oh ok,,,, still serves same purpose,,,,,,,,,, I was told this by motorcycle racers,,, so I was quoting them

Henry^
01-27-2007, 12:38 PM
yes, in motocross we just use them under fenders and stuff so the mud dosent stay.

but, maybe try it on the rc to? not a bad idea...

jaejw1
01-27-2007, 10:22 PM
just spray on,, let set for about 10 minutes and then go ride.. the first initial rpms will be a lil slick but after that you will be fine..

you can also let the tires soak (not literally) overnight or even more and on race day the tire should be nice and soft... that is if you are running on really hard clay or packed dirt or blue groove..

im loving these tires more and more

FHM101
01-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Spraying down the whole car with wd40 is part of my regular post race cleanup routine. After everything is cleaned, dried, and reassembled I spray everything but the shell with a good coat of wd40 and let it dry. Once it's completely dry you can't even tell it was done, until you start to clean it up next time. I use the All-Mart brand as it's around a buck a can, but it works just as good for douching my cars.

As for ST tires for hard pack, just wear out the stockers and they will hook pretty good. We tried the 3R tires and they are a bit too hard to be much good on our track. Some of the guys have been using cut down mini LST wheels with mini quake pin tires, but a well worn set of stockers still seems to be the best tire for our track since it has been redone and is developing a nice blue groove.

jaejw1
01-31-2007, 01:24 PM
too bad they dont make crime fighters or holeshots for the ST...

jaejw1
02-05-2007, 09:47 AM
3racing is the only company i know of right now that makes st tires, im shure you could make your own by cutting up a pair of 10th scalers
has anyone tried this yet? did you have good results?
im thinkng of using holeshots made for 4wd buggies

jaejw1
02-05-2007, 08:23 PM
if everyone sends an email to proline to make better stronger wheels and better tires like the crime fighters then we might get what we want,,,, takes only 2 minutes guys

jaejw1
02-06-2007, 02:55 AM
I figured it out,,,,,,,,

buy another set of wheels with tires..... let them soak in acetone ...
take the tires off and cut only the treads off a nice smooth even cut on both sides.....
do the same for the m3 buggy holeshots using the kyosho tire as a template,,, and then glue the holeshots tread onto the sidewalls of the kyosho tires.... and then glue back to rim

BiGRoB21
02-06-2007, 03:29 AM
that was my hole concept of making up my own set ;). however i have also email'd proline about making some st tires and rims.

jaejw1
02-06-2007, 04:04 AM
yeah the proline wheels are so much stronger,,,, every set of kyosho wheels I habeas bought have cracked badly,,,, buggy and ST .:. the prolines are the only ones tht havent

jaejw1
02-06-2007, 05:23 AM
come to think of it,,,, the 3racing wheels are pretty strong also,, alot more than the kyosho

FHM101
02-06-2007, 02:55 PM
I talked with the ST racers at my local track last saturday and most of them are running the 3R wheels and tires on the ST as are the MLST guys in MT. The guy who won the ST class was however running stock kyosho ST wheels and tires, but the MT winner did it on 3R stuff. We have a nice hard clay bluegroove track that gets a little dusty after a lot of running.

jaejw1
02-06-2007, 03:55 PM
well i have sent an email to 3racing just to see if they are willling to sell the wheels by them selves.. we will see..

my track gets hard and bluegroove only after the 2-3 week and by that time they change the layout so for the most part.. we go through different phases of track conditions.. and the best tires overall have been the m3 or r3 holeshots,,,,,, by the time it gets blue evil twins work best

but i might just get a set of the 3R wheels.. and another set to hack up and make my own tires..

jaejw1
02-21-2007, 07:05 AM
well gave them a try and I like them,,,,,, the 3racing wheels with the tires with the mini pins and the "x" in the middle.....
well I liked them
I think im going to boil the wheels though to allow them to flex a lil,,,,,

jaejw1
03-11-2007, 03:52 PM
it seems as though the losi ing pins for the mini lst will work on the MIST wheels ,,, they might be slitly wider but that is ok..

once i get another set of wheels i will acetone them and glue some kingpins on tere and report back..