PDA

View Full Version : Slipper Gear Unit removal????

UNITED_RC
04-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Can anyone please help me with instructions on how to remove the slipper gear unit????

I am waiting on my slipper gear replacement (ordered from BITHEAD, great service BTW, I just wish the Mail man would work as fast as BITHEAD does!!!) to arrive, but i seem to be missing something on how to remove the slipper unit! :(

Can anyone assist me?

Could earn you a FREE 8-cell NiMH Battery pack!!!!!

URC

paulj2
05-01-2005, 04:03 AM
Pull the clear center diff cover off, remove the top plate, remove the plate over the servo. Now remove the 5 screws from the bottom that hold the center diff in. Take out the center diff, I believe there are either 3 or 4 screws that hold it together. The slipper gear will now fall out into your hand. This doesn't take as long to do as it does to explain.

Hope this helps, Paul.

TNB
05-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Except when you dont remove 141 IH34 (page 39 half way down near the fold) under the ball cap. One of the Kyosho Mini-Z nut wrenches does fit. ;)

half8 abuser
05-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Can anyone please help me with instructions on how to remove the slipper gear unit????

I am waiting on my slipper gear replacement (ordered from BITHEAD, great service BTW, I just wish the Mail man would work as fast as BITHEAD does!!!) to arrive, but i seem to be missing something on how to remove the slipper unit! :(

Can anyone assist me?

Could earn you a FREE 8-cell NiMH Battery pack!!!!!

URC

Did you get that sucker out yet. If not let me know I will take some pics on how to get it out.

BitHed
05-01-2005, 08:47 PM
...of ALL the stuff i have shipped recently UNITED's stuff is the last to arrive...Switzerland, Italy and Norway all arrived ok though the word on the street is that Norway customs uses a mysterious blaack hole to lose your package feom 5-7 days :eek:

...and dood watch your spelling...I am a Hed NOT a HEAD :o

JuJuB
05-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Can u just take the whole dam slipper clutch out of the car and have it run w/ out jacking it up.

thanks

rcguy
04-06-2006, 02:53 AM
Can u just take the whole dam slipper clutch out of the car and have it run w/ out jacking it up.

thanks

bump.. i have the same question.. the slipper is a pain... thanks

FHM101
04-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Are you sure you don't want a slipper on an electric? They are a critical part of a 10th scale off road electric driveline for traction control. Don't you think making the slipper actually work would be a better option? I still think a modded f/r diff for the center and a slipper on the motor shaft would be the ticket.