PDA

View Full Version : Tekin Trouble

Yoshi
01-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I have owned the Tekin Rage Extreme for a few weeks now and i think the motor is getting way to hot to the point where it smells. I am using 1400 8 cell 9.6 volt packs and only getting about 3-4 minutes run time, I am using a 9 tooth RC18T pinion with MIP ball diffs I have tried using a higher ratio pinion but it's still to hot, has any one else had this trouble and cured it.

I was thinking the motor was to small for the weight of the car, it's the mini inferno ST, would it be worth upgrading to the Wraith 7000Kv due to it's increased physical size over the motor over the Rage.

The other issue that concerns me is the diameter of the cable coming off the cells. I bought the cells from Hong Kong's RC Mall. I have removed the stock plugs and replaced with Deans connectors, could the smaller diameter cable be acting like a resister and not providing the system with ample current.

I have set the control unit to 8 cells so the voltage cut off should be ok, when the motor comes to about 3 minutes run time the braking force seems to fade and the power delivery very erratic