PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered the mamba 6800 and Airtronics MX-3 3-Channel FM

half8 abuser
04-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Should all be here by wednesday and then I am ready for some bashin and racing :)

Oh before I forget what pinion should I use?

Since I was in the buying mood I decided to go out to the local electronic store and picked this up too. :D

http://img204.echo.cx/img204/3071/ipod11qo.jpg

vindictor67
04-30-2005, 02:11 AM
You the man Abuser. You are gonna LOVE your H8 with the 6800. Make sure to upgrade your servo tooooo... I used the HS-85MG and it rocks. I am using the 11T associated pinion 48 pitch. Took the H8 out at work the day after the install. It was actually "smoking" the tires on the concrete of our loading dock taking off from a standing start (at the Normal Timing Advance and flat throttle curve). It Was Awsome :D Had to do it several times just to make sure what was happening. Switched to the track tonight to take it easy on the tires. It was a little sloppy but I couldn't not run. I hooked up to the laptop and settled down the throttle curve on the ESC. The Mamba 25 ESC has a USB hookup for your laptop to change the programming. It works perfectly!!! Get the Programming Cable(PHX-Link). And get a Heat sink got mine from HeliHobby.com. Enjoy!!

tornacl90rx7
04-30-2005, 03:54 AM
That Mamba will boogie on 8 cells ....but make sure you get a heat-sink for the mamaba motor so you dont melt the guts of the motor ... You can get a good heatsink from Troy at Bishop Power Products ......

half8 abuser
04-30-2005, 05:03 AM
Ya I got the heat sink and the motor from Bishop power products. How does the mamba work on a 6 cell?

tornacl90rx7
04-30-2005, 05:36 AM
It is still pretty quick on 6 cells ... :)

hkopium
04-30-2005, 05:37 AM
Ya I got the heat sink and the motor from Bishop power products. How does the mamba work on a 6 cell?

I think 6 cells + 6800 is the best combo for indoor track. Fast but still "controllable."

half8 abuser
04-30-2005, 06:00 AM
You the man Abuser. You are gonna LOVE your H8 with the 6800. Make sure to upgrade your servo tooooo... I used the HS-85MG and it rocks. I am using the 11T associated pinion 48 pitch. Took the H8 out at work the day after the install. It was actually "smoking" the tires on the concrete of our loading dock taking off from a standing start (at the Normal Timing Advance and flat throttle curve). It Was Awsome :D Had to do it several times just to make sure what was happening. Switched to the track tonight to take it easy on the tires. It was a little sloppy but I couldn't not run. I hooked up to the laptop and settled down the throttle curve on the ESC. The Mamba 25 ESC has a USB hookup for your laptop to change the programming. It works perfectly!!! Get the Programming Cable(PHX-Link). And get a Heat sink got mine from HeliHobby.com. Enjoy!!

Vindictor67 after reading your post I can't wait to get the thing going. So do you have any tips for me on the install of the mamba? Did the 11T associated pinion 48 pitch fit the mamba shaft ok?

Ya I still need to get the USB cable. How hard is it to adjust all the settings? Where did you get the software for you PC to make all the adjustments?

Oh one more thing, what kind of run times are you guys getting out of the mamba with 6 cells?

vindictor67
04-30-2005, 08:28 AM
I had to grind down the set screw end of the pinion and use a washer to set the motor/pinion back enough to properly mesh with the slipper. Other than that is was a very easy install. The Mamba 25 ESC is too cool. The programing is nothing. Everything is strait forward and works just as you would expect. Get the Mambalink software from the download section of CASTLECREATIONS.COM. This is realy cool stuff. Adjustable throttle and break curves as well as all of the other off line settings. The only other thing I shoud mention because it started to cause me stress when I was installing it. The screw mount holes on the motor-can are set on different centers. You can't just use the holes where the wire are strait up or down. Rotate the motor and 2 of the screw holes will line up with the stock mount holes perfectly. :D Have fun

jatetu
04-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Abuser, ihave a associated pinion 10t, and i think the tooth are very short. I take it out cos may be the gear could be melted. I have pinions from atomic. People uses too the ones from trinity.