PDA

View Full Version : Where do you find hopups for the Sirio 09?

Mini-ST_basher
12-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi guys,

I've had my 09 for a few days now and really love it, I have the miwi, vulcan but the kyosho is by far the best mini nitro out of the box

The sirio has a lot to do with the perfomance of the O9 thats why I want to get the racing cooling head (blue anodized), the racing exhaust kit in alloy, the lightweigh flywheel (blue anodized) and the blue alloy bckplate, all this should help keep the temp down and make the sirio run even better

I've spent a while on the net to find these parts but with no results...I hope you guys have an adress for me!!

BTW, you can also find the steel clutch bell 15 or 16t

PS: Do you know if kyosho plans to bring out a gearbox for the mini 09?

Thx!!!!! and happy new year!

MGTfix
12-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Try Nitrohouse.com they have alot of hopups for the 09, the cooling head is around 60.00 which is 15.00 less than I just paid for the complete motor. I did pickup the aluminum backplate and flywheel, I'm also running the 15T on my 09 ST while running the 16T on my 09 Buggy.

I have almost a gallon through my ST and less than a quart in my buggy, I have almost as much fun with these mini's as my 1/8th scale buggies and truggy.

Mini-ST_basher
12-30-2006, 04:16 PM
My main goal for the 09 is to get it very light, out of the box the car isn't that heavy but I want to give the Sirio 09 engine some extra edge so....

Basically, do you think the racing exhaust kit, BB clutchbell + alloy 15T, alloy backplate and flywheel would bring a NOTICEABLE extra power???

Migs
12-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Basically, do you think the racing exhaust kit, BB clutchbell + alloy 15T, alloy backplate and flywheel would bring a NOTICEABLE extra power???

Who makes a racing exhaust kit for the Sirio 09.....???

BiGRoB21
12-30-2006, 06:02 PM
im still working on getting my 09 :(

MGTfix
12-30-2006, 07:08 PM
The racing exhaust kit is made by Sirio and will be sold by Kyosho if they ever get them in stock the part number is S09200210 and has been on backorder since the release of the 09.

If you would like more performance from the motor run 25 or 30% fuel, I started out running 20%, but was told 30% will run alot better by some of the Kyosho reps.

MGTfix
12-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Bigrob, checkout the Ultimate Hobbies website on the first some special prices, I think they had the 09 set for 319.99 over the Christmas holiday sale and they have free shipping over 50.00.

BiGRoB21
12-30-2006, 07:27 PM
cool, i just gotta get the cash 1st tho lol

Migs
12-30-2006, 07:28 PM
The racing exhaust kit is made by Sirio and will be sold by Kyosho if they ever get them in stock the part number is S09200210 and has been on backorder since the release of the 09.

If you would like more performance from the motor run 25 or 30% fuel, I started out running 20%, but was told 30% will run alot better by some of the Kyosho reps.

Thanks for the info about the pipe, I appreciate it.

Did the Kyosho reps mention anything about shimming the head if running 30%...?

Mini-ST_basher
12-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi guys!

I just ordered the alloy backplate and flywheel for the sirio.

Do you think the alloy backplate should help the temp go down? Thats why I got it...so...hope so.. :o

I'll go with 25 or 30% nitro ASAP, I also got the VERY expensive Kyosho 64 Ti shafts for the whole buggy, I know atomic\3Racing has them for much less but I doubt their Titanium is as strong...

The Racing cooling head is just out of price for me, but I would like to see it mounted on the sirio to see the difference

Anyone has a pic of that?

Cheers!!

MGTfix
12-31-2006, 04:54 PM
I didn't add a head shim, they had run the motor since with 20 and 30% and found the motor was easier to tune and had alot better performance with 30%. I was thinking about getting the oversized Blue head from Sirio but my temps are fine right around 220-230 while running and 240-250 running out of fuel. What temps are you running that you need to cool the motor down so much? I have the aluminum backplate and flywheel, in total you save almost 2 grams with the aluminum flywheel and steel CB but the weight comes back with the aluminum backplate.

If any of you are in the So. Cal area we will be running at "The Hot Box" in Santa Ana on the mini track today and tomorrow, bring your cars to practice on a sweet track.

Migs
12-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi guys!

I just ordered the alloy backplate and flywheel for the sirio.

Do you think the alloy backplate should help the temp go down? Thats why I got it...so...hope so.. :o

I'll go with 25 or 30% nitro ASAP, I also got the VERY expensive Kyosho 64 Ti shafts for the whole buggy, I know atomic\3Racing has them for much less but I doubt their Titanium is as strong...

The Racing cooling head is just out of price for me, but I would like to see it mounted on the sirio to see the difference

Anyone has a pic of that?

Cheers!!

A back plate is not going to help your temps go down. What temp are you running out now...? If you're running too hot then you're most likely running too lean and you need to richen the high speen needle (by turning it counter-clockwise a little bit). I don't see much of a difference in size or shape of the blue cooling head either so I can't see that helping temps either.

I didn't add a head shim, they had run the motor since with 20 and 30% and found the motor was easier to tune and had alot better performance with 30%. I was thinking about getting the oversized Blue head from Sirio but my temps are fine right around 220-230 while running and 240-250 running out of fuel. What temps are you running that you need to cool the motor down so much? I have the aluminum backplate and flywheel, in total you save almost 2 grams with the aluminum flywheel and steel CB but the weight comes back with the aluminum backplate.

Thanks for the info on whether or not to shim the head with 30%. I broke my motor in with 30% (Werks) and only have a few tanks through it so far. I haven't leaned it out that much yet. I'll more than likely get the backplate, cooling head, flywheel, clutchbell, and exhaust when it's available.

Where did you happen to find that Kyosho part # for the exhaust and where does it show backorder...? I noticed nitrohouse doesn't list it on their site.

MGTfix
01-01-2007, 02:03 AM
Try this http://www.shopkyosho.com here's the item page http://www.shopkyosho.com/product/product_id=KYOS09200210/410.0.12068.19526.0.0.0

I hope that worked.

Migs
01-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Thanks MGT...!!! Wish they had a pic or at least a description.

MGTfix
01-01-2007, 02:15 AM
The blue cooling head is larger in diameter than the stock head and I think it is one fin taller. I don't have one on either of my cars mostly because of the price/bling factor does not equate.

Mini-ST Bash, remember there is no low speed needle, so the bottom end should be fat, don't tune for bottom end performance tune for top end performance. If you are tuning for quicker take-off speed the top end will be way to lean.

Migs
01-01-2007, 02:26 AM
The blue cooling head is larger in diameter than the stock head and I think it is one fin taller. I don't have one on either of my cars mostly because of the price/bling factor does not equate.

The scary thing about option or hopup cooling heads for r/c nitro engines is that it makes novice nitro r/c'ers lean their motors out waaay too much because they tune by temperature only and don't pay attention to other things.

I'm not opposed to option or hopup cooling heads at all, in fact I may get one for my 09, although for the price... I'm not sure if I can justify it considering it's about 70% the cost of a complete motor.

MGT... am I correct in assuming you have 2 09's....? A buggy and an ST....? If so, any pics...? Which is more fun, the buggy or the ST....?

MGTfix
01-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Migs, I do have 2 09's a buggy and a truck, I also have 2 H8's a you guessed it a buggy and a truck. I have more cars than I could run in a month, but variety is the spice of life. Here's some pictures I took today.

Migs
01-01-2007, 05:01 AM
Migs, I do have 2 09's a buggy and a truck, I also have 2 H8's a you guessed it a buggy and a truck. I have more cars than I could run in a month, but variety is the spice of life. Here's some pictures I took today.

Very nice stable of r/c's you have...!!! I totally know what you mean about having a variety though. My stable has grown these past few months as well. Are you thinking of getting the Jammin CRT .5 ?

BiGRoB21
01-02-2007, 11:43 PM
migs... look at getting the head this way, you will see a increase in preformance for shure! and you will be able to use that cooling head on another motor is you need to replace the sirio. its not like you have to buy it for every replacement motor you use. aslong as you stay with the sirio motor you will always be able to swap the head over.

Migs
01-02-2007, 11:55 PM
migs... look at getting the head this way, you will see a increase in preformance for shure! and you will be able to use that cooling head on another motor is you need to replace the sirio. its not like you have to buy it for every replacement motor you use. aslong as you stay with the sirio motor you will always be able to swap the head over.

Well I had planned on getting the cooling head for myself anyway. I'm just saying it could be dangerous for someone just getting into nitro r/c's. As I mentioned in my other reply, some nitro owners only look at engine temps when tuning and tend to lean out their motors too much. I've seen a lot of people in the past blow their motors with aftermarket cooling heads because it allowed them lower head temps, which in turn allowed them to lean the motor out a lot more, which resulted in a blown motor.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... If you're new to nitro r/c, try not to lean the motor out too much. Especially in the beginning when you're breaking it in. Proper break-in is essential for the longevity of any motor.

BiGRoB21
01-03-2007, 12:08 AM
I guess what I'm trying to say is... If you're new to nitro r/c, try not to lean the motor out too much. Especially in the beginning when you're breaking it in. Proper break-in is essential for the longevity of any motor.

you are right, but you should never tune a motor to a certain temp anytime! you should always tune to sound and smoke trail. the acual temp is the last thing to look at.

Migs
01-03-2007, 12:17 AM
you are right, but you should never tune a motor to a certain temp anytime! you should always tune to sound and smoke trail. the acual temp is the last thing to look at.

I couldn't agree more...!!!

So to all of you new Mini Inferno 09 owners that are new to nitro.... listen to BigRob...!!!

:D

BiGRoB21
01-03-2007, 12:29 AM
now anyone wana donate a 09 to me lol