PDA

View Full Version : How to take out the stock ESC unit?

hkopium
04-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Okay brothers and sisters, I bought a Futaba 3PM-FM Tx, Futaba 133F Rx, HG-85MG servo, GM-Racing V6R ESC... all ready to do the replacement.

But then... how do I remove the stock ESC/Rx unit? Use brute force?

I studied the schematic and I see no screw holding the ESC in place.

(1) Is it hold by a double faced scotch tape?
(2) Do I need to unscrew or remove other parts first before pulling it out?
(3) Anything I need to watch out when removing it?

Smoothound
04-29-2005, 01:49 PM
As far as I can remember it is stuck down with servo tape...

hkopium
04-29-2005, 01:52 PM
As far as I can remember it is stuck down with servo tape...

So... just pull it with force!? :eek:

lukeita
04-29-2005, 02:36 PM
yes! a lot of force :)

hkopium
04-29-2005, 07:38 PM
yes! a lot of force :)

Done! Thanks! Just use a small flat head screwdriver to pry it, not hard.

lukeita
04-29-2005, 11:33 PM
good... now I'm in dubt about what to use for the new receiver-esc... again tape? Or better a strong "velcro"?
bye

hkopium
04-30-2005, 04:36 AM
good... now I'm in dubt about what to use for the new receiver-esc... again tape? Or better a strong "velcro"?
bye

At this time, I only testing the set up. So i only use not so strong double face 3M heat trans tape to hold them in the H8. Later, I will use "plastic gun" (Not sure the proper name of it, just a gun like device which your insert a long plastic rod into it and then it uses heat to melt it) after I found the best set up i like.

adrenalinrush123998
04-30-2005, 04:26 PM
just yank it off

then i suggest to replace the double side thats already on there with....double sided tape!

then if decide to remove the ESC again....(your new one i mean)
for any number of various reasons...it will be easy to take off

hkopium
04-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I changed them all already. Thanks bro.

The 85MG servo is awesome! Coupled with the Futaba 3PM Tx/Rx, the response is way better than before. The servo has very good torque. In fact, my H8 flipped over a few times when I was making fast cornering. :eek: I have to tone down the steering from the 3PM control settings.

The GM-Racing 6R is also good. The performance of my H8 is now totally different than before. Quick speeding up with nice braking. Reverse is also speedy.

Since I still haven't bought any good plugs yet, I will not post photo now. Using some CPU fan plugs... very ugly wiring... :mad:

lukeita
04-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Hello!
grr... I ordered the same things from Tower (servo and trasmitter) but they are still flying above the ocean :)
Which motor are you using with your ESC? And where did you get it?
Thanks

PS: I think I won't use hot glue to fix receiver and esc... maybe industrial "velcro" as I saw on some photos is a good choice: very fast to remove if I need

hkopium
04-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Hello!
grr... I ordered the same things from Tower (servo and trasmitter) but they are still flying above the ocean :)
Which motor are you using with your ESC? And where did you get it?
Thanks

PS: I think I won't use hot glue to fix receiver and esc... maybe industrial "velcro" as I saw on some photos is a good choice: very fast to remove if I need

I am using the Kyosho Xspeed for H8. Fast enough with 8 cells.

Yea, I ordered some wheels and tires from Tower, also flying over the ocean now.

Actually, I found hot glue is quite easy to remove. At least much easier than double-faced tape. ;)

lukeita
04-30-2005, 07:05 PM
hello!
wheels and tires will be in my next order :)
I really love velcro :) http://www.velcro.com/
How can you remove hot glue? I hate it :)
bye

lukeita
04-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Sorry a new question: where can I find the ESC you chose? TowerHobbies doesn't list it...
thanks

hkopium
04-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Sorry a new question: where can I find the ESC you chose? TowerHobbies doesn't list it...
thanks

Oh, that GM-Racing V6R is bought in a Hong Kong shop. Some online store sells it too. It is a German made device.

Here is the link: www.gm-racing.com

Bottom left click "REGLER"

Then on the left side, choose either VR series or SX-Reverse series. SX is simply smaller in size but I couldn't find it in HK, so I bought the VR instead. Both are default to takes 8 cells batt. Auto-setup for brakes and speed. Very easy to use.

lukeita
04-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Found, thanks!

rai13
05-05-2005, 05:51 PM
So how much does anyone want to sell me their stock esc/rec unit?
lmk
rai
rai13@hotmail.com