PDA

View Full Version : The first of many

Yoshi
12-15-2006, 03:39 PM
I finaly recieved the first of my many upgrades for the MIST this morning, they included a 9.6v 1400 8 cell pack, MIP CVD's and 3 Racing titanium turnbuckles. I couldnt get them on the car quick enough and the diffrence it all made was very good. The car runs smoother and quicker cant wait for the Tekin Rage Extreme and the MIP diff's to come.

Later upgrades will be the KM RC chassis which I hope to order next week and the Kyosho C hubs and steering blocks.

Has any one tried running foam tyres on the MIST so it can be used indoors on carpet, if so what wheels and tyres have you used?

Yoshi
12-21-2006, 10:59 PM
The Tekin setup showed up this morning. Very nice bit of kit, I stripped all the stock radio gear out of the Inferno ST then looked through the spares pack that came with the truck, there wasnt a servo plate for the Airtronics servo I wanted to use so had to adapet the plate already in the truck this mean drilling 2 new holes and using a Dremmel to cut a groove for the servo arm ball end.

I had a little bit of trouble setting the Tekin up but this was a simple thing that I didnt check which was as simple as reversing the servo. Once I did this everything was plain sailing. I finalt stuck all the parts down I used a Nosram reciver running on PPM, I was lucky tonight as a local club was running an open meeting so had a chance to try it out on the track.

The first thing I noticed was how much better the steering was then the power delivery it's nice and progressive for the first few steps then it tries to turn the world around. A wicked bit of kit the handling is very good a bit to much grip from the stock tyres on carpet but should be very good on dirt.

The fun lasted fort all of about 4 minutes till if rounded out a rear diff outdrive and me being a bit to aggressive with the throttle and cracking a rear hub.

I will be glad when the new MIP diff's show up and I will be ordering alloy rear hubs, This little car was way down on my estimations compaired to my RC18T factory kit but now the Mini Inferno ST is top of the micor list but it wont come close to my XB8 TQ yet lol.

Yoshi
12-30-2006, 10:00 PM
I have put a full set of MIP ball diff's in the inferno, the drive is much better now. The car over all is much smoother and the handling and cornering much better. I would recomend the diff's to any one thats running the stock geared diff's.

Next on the list are a new pair of Kyosho rear alloy uprights alloy drive cups for the pinion gear and a rear wing.

dickdastardly
01-19-2007, 07:21 PM
hey nice little write up m8 :)

iam getting a aon 4900 and quark 33 combo next week :cool:
let me know how your drivetrain holds up and what your using?
i iam thinking of getting these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140075298262&rd=1&rd=1 and the mip center diff.

what do you think? will this hold up?
this is my 1st EP car (my only other rc car is a serpent 710 so got a lot to learn about these) lol

i put a rocket 400 and IB 1400 packs in so far and already stripped a 3racing blue derlin gear.( I think it was chassis flex or i did not line the pinion up straight)

Iam in london UK so if you Know any1 around the way let me know :D

so wanna race these when i cant get to the track with me 710

cheers
oh yer if you got any set-up tips they would be greatly appreciated ...hate the bumb strear!!:D