PDA

View Full Version : Mamba 6800 Problem need help

crymynal
04-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Ok guys...I fitted the Mamba 6800 into my H8. Hooked it up to a 6 cell GP 1100. Turned it on (followed the instructions) and the wheels started spinning at WOT. Did not want to mess anything up so I turned it off. Now I can not get it to power up correctly for the initial set up. I have followed the instructions about unplugging the battery, turn off the esc, plug the battery back in (should hear a beep and all the lights should flash), hold the throttle, turn the esc on, and this is were nothing happens when it should. Any thoughts on this????? I have tried this several times with two different radio setups with no luck. The only thing I do get is the beep w/all the lights flashing, steering works, and if I give it just enough throttle the green light will come on.

plain_simple
04-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Looks like that u missed some step along the setup of the ESC... carefuly read the instructions and start from the very beggining step by step. i know that this might sound like i am calling u a nerd or putting u down but it doesnt has anything to do with that... it has to do with what happend to me... once i went crazy a all full day to setup an Cirrus ESC and the reason why it wasnt working was because i didnt set it up properly and after changing motor, receiver, etc i decided to setup from the very beggining and it turned out that i missed some step the all time i did the process.. amazing but true!
Hope i have help some how... good luck

vindictor67
04-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Have you checkd to see if you transmitter is sending the signal and being recieved by the Rx. Check to see if the steering works. Sounds like the reciever is not getting a signal.

Good luck.

tornacl90rx7
04-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Check to see if you need to set the servo to "reverse" on the radio also .. there are a couple radios out there that have to have the channel reversed to make it work right ....

Gregg

crymynal
04-30-2005, 01:28 PM
As stated in the original post the steering does work.

I have tried reversing the servo but will try again and will reread the instructions. Any one else have any ideas?

paulj2
04-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Not trying to be cute, but do you have the controller plugged into the correct slot on the receiver?

rstnboy
05-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I had the exact same problem when I had a Mamba system in a Mini-t. The issue turned out to be a problem with the type of radio I was using. It was a Futaba 2PL which is a computer based radio. After a conversation with the fine folks at Castle Creations, it turns out that not everyone had this problem with the same equipment, just a few. It also affected some Futaba 3PM users. To fix it, I connected the ESC to a non-computer based radio/receiver system (such as what you get with an RTR) and programmed it with that. In my case I used the Traxxas TQ3 system from my E-Maxx. Then, I reconnected it to the Futaba system and re-programmed it. I had to do this a couple of times over a six month period but it worked. You didn't say what radio system you were using but, if it is a Futaba computer type system, this is something that might help. I don't know if it affects systems from other manufacturers.

Update: Here is a link to a post by Shawn Palmer of Castle Creations. It might be worth contacting him:

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44905

crymynal
05-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Ok...I am not sure of the exact problem but I have fixed it. I first tried with my MX-3S and a Novak xxtra receiver. Then I tried my stock radio from my T-Maxx. finally I put in my stock radio from my Maximum Mt. This one finally worked. So I am good for now. Thanks for the help.

Half8mamba
05-24-2005, 04:08 AM
Ok guys...I fitted the Mamba 6800 into my H8. Hooked it up to a 6 cell GP 1100. Turned it on (followed the instructions) and the wheels started spinning at WOT. Did not want to mess anything up so I turned it off. Now I can not get it to power up correctly for the initial set up. I have followed the instructions about unplugging the battery, turn off the esc, plug the battery back in (should hear a beep and all the lights should flash), hold the throttle, turn the esc on, and this is were nothing happens when it should. Any thoughts on this????? I have tried this several times with two different radio setups with no luck. The only thing I do get is the beep w/all the lights flashing, steering works, and if I give it just enough throttle the green light will come on.

You probably missed the first step. Program the controller to your radio. I have two H8 with mamba 8000 in them. They are fast with the Li-Poly batteries. Because of the weight of the H8 they won't never catch my mini t.