PDA

View Full Version : KMRC drivetrain?

gazzer55
12-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Is it possible to run the KMRC center diff and slipper on the stock Inferno chassis? If it is possible how much modding would it take?

Migs
12-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Is it possible to run the KMRC center diff and slipper on the stock Inferno chassis? If it is possible how much modding would it take?

I actually thought about doing something similar before I sold my EclipseRC CF chassis. I ended up selling my chassis before I could figure out if it would work. I don't think the center diff mounts would line up with the holes in the stock chassis but I don't know for sure. I would think the f/r center dogbones might be an issue as well. Not to mention the motor mount would need to moved.

The stock plastic chassis already has a lot of flex although a top brace the extends from the front to rear bulkheads really helps alot. I don't know what your budget is but I would just pay a little more and get the complete KMRC chassis. For $99, you can't go wrong.

hrtln
12-08-2006, 01:42 AM
The only thing that I may not like, is not having the center diff. I tried locking it w/ the stock set-up. It jumped like a mofo, but sucked in the corner. I didnt ever mess w/ trying to set it up that way because it was hard on the diffs. But I would like to play w/ one of those chassis just to see how they could do. ;)

morati
12-08-2006, 06:14 PM
The only thing that I may not like, is not having the center diff. I tried locking it w/ the stock set-up. It jumped like a mofo, but sucked in the corner. I didnt ever mess w/ trying to set it up that way because it was hard on the diffs. But I would like to play w/ one of those chassis just to see how they could do. ;)
The slipper in the KM-RC chassis is a high quality piece. You can make minute adjustments to it in order to get the exact amount of slip you want when you get on the gas in the corners. I'd be willing to give you a better perspective on the chassis if any of our tracks were open up here, but everything off-road has been closed since mid November. I do know however, that I prefer the KM-RC chassis over the Kyosho one........

gazzer55
12-08-2006, 09:43 PM
I got some half 9 diffs on the way and I think the guy said he would include parts from his KMRC chassis. I'll have to wait and see whats included to determine if its better off getting the whole KMRC set up or just buying an MIP center diff.

PoDunk
12-13-2006, 07:18 PM
what motors are you running in your KMRC chassis? I have a mamba25 setup and the motor seems to be too small. In diameter and the shaft length.

also:

If any of you are interested in a new KMRC 6 cell conversion kit. I have one and would be willing to part with it for $100 shipped.

This is brand new still in the box. never opened.

I like this chassis better than the original.

Migs
12-13-2006, 07:31 PM
what motors are you running in your KMRC chassis? I have a mamba25 setup and the motor seems to be too small. In diameter and the shaft length.

also:

If any of you are interested in a new KMRC 6 cell conversion kit. I have one and would be willing to part with it for $100 shipped.

I'm running a Wraith 7K brushless in my KMRC chassis.

I "may" be interested in that chassis you have for sale but it would have to be after the holidays if I take it off your hands. But I may get the 8 cell kit instead, not sure. I'll let you know sometime in January if I'm still interested.

PoDunk
12-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Migs,

i was admiring your gallery and would like to know what your setup is on your half8 running the KMRC chassis. what extras are you running on it too?
tires, bumpers, etc.

Thanks, Great paint jobs too. :)

Migs
12-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Migs,

i was admiring your gallery and would like to know what your setup is on your half8 running the KMRC chassis. what extras are you running on it too?
tires, bumpers, etc.

Thanks, Great paint jobs too. :)

Thanks for the kind words... I have a whole thread about it here:

http://halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2519

Here's some specific info regarding parts I used....

Electronics:
Wraith 7K
Quark 33A esc
Multiplex Polo servo
Spektrum 3500 micro receiver
Thunder Power 3cell (11.1V) saddle lipo pack
Airtronics M11 transmitter w/Spektrum module

Suspension / drivetrain:
Kyosho ST diffs (oil filled) - will be trying MIP ball diffs at some point
Kyosho aluminum bodied shocks
MIP cvd's
Lots of 3Racing parts (too many to list)

Wheels:
Losi Mini LST dish wheels (narrowed)

Tires:
DuraTrax Mini Quake

Bumpers:
T-Bone Racing

Body:
Stock Kyosho ST body (without lower half)
TeamBlueGroove ST body (without lower half)
TeamBlueGroove undertray

Custom Painting:
Eclipse RC

I think that's about everything... let me know if you have anymore questions. Also, as mentioned many times before... my KMRC project could not be done without the help of many others on this forum and elsewhere. You guys know who you are...!!!

;)

PoDunk
12-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Migs,

are you still interested in the KMRC chassis??

same deal as above..

Migs
12-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Migs,

are you still interested in the KMRC chassis??

same deal as above..

I'm gonna have to pass unfortunately. I've got way too many other r/c projects goin on right now. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it.

Rooster
01-18-2007, 04:54 AM

also:

Send me a PM and i might take it of your hands

Peter

PoDunk
01-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Rooster,

I have it listed on ebay right now. Click here: LINK (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180074601264&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008)

PoDunk
01-31-2007, 04:32 PM
the kmrc chassis has been sold.

BrentV
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
I have the KMRC chassis, with the Wraith 7k and my problem is the motor shaft being standard length doesn't reach far enough to have the pinion over the spur. What mods or pinions are you guys with the KMRC chassis doing to fix this problem.

morati
02-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I have the KMRC chassis, with the Wraith 7k and my problem is the motor shaft being standard length doesn't reach far enough to have the pinion over the spur. What mods or pinions are you guys with the KMRC chassis doing to fix this problem.The Wraith motor only has a 10mm shaft instead of the 12mm one on some of the Hyperion motors. If you use a Associated RC18 pinion you will be able to engage 2/3rds of the spur which is enough not to cause any problems. Dremel your lower motor mount inboard in order to run smaller pinions (my can now go down to 12t).