PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho shocks worth the $$$ ?

Jeff
12-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Just got a MI and Im about to start hopping it up. I was wondering if the Kyosho shocks are worth three times as much as say 3R's, and if so why? Also, what is the best servo I can get for it? Seems like most of yall use Hitecs, are they the best? What model # to be specific?

BitHed
12-01-2006, 11:51 PM
...Hey Jeff...I can give you a super sexy price on my KYOSHO shox if you were interested...red caps and blue caps stripped of the blue...FULL spring set...hard balls...Damn nice set :D

Jeff
12-02-2006, 12:05 AM
I was really looking for blue bithed. But if the price were too good to pass up, maybe. Could I replace the red caps if I wanted to, or do they not sell just caps? Email me at jla888@sbcglobal.net and tell me what youre asking.

BitHed
12-02-2006, 12:08 AM
...yes you can replace the caps...I can put those on for you...I will think of a number and double it for you Jeff :D

Migs
12-02-2006, 06:55 PM
BitHed... do you have the aluminum bodied Kyosho shocks....? If so, I'm interested. Please email me with a price.

Thanks,

Mike

(mailmigs@aol.com)mailmigs@aol.com

Q8y_drifter
12-03-2006, 04:53 PM
i use SATO shocks and they are just as good as the Kyosho's.

hrtln
12-03-2006, 07:48 PM
The Kyosho shocks are the shizo..... ;)

BitHed
12-03-2006, 11:06 PM
...Hey Migs...I will pull the units off my ST for you...I am a little too maxxed out to get new unless you want to wait for the new year...

...The ones i have are alloy bodies, come with red caps and stripped blue caps..FULL Kyosho spring set, hard balls, o-ring mod and the hex head screws and alloy spacers that they are fitted with; red right now but i think i have some blue ones somewhere...I havent priced them for you but think stock USD for FOUR shox and the spring sets...I wont charge you any shipping...I will chuck some gum in there too for you ;)

Migs
12-04-2006, 01:56 AM
...Hey Migs...I will pull the units off my ST for you...I am a little too maxxed out to get new unless you want to wait for the new year...

...The ones i have are alloy bodies, come with red caps and stripped blue caps..FULL Kyosho spring set, hard balls, o-ring mod and the hex head screws and alloy spacers that they are fitted with; red right now but i think i have some blue ones somewhere...I havent priced them for you but think stock USD for FOUR shox and the spring sets...I wont charge you any shipping...I will chuck some gum in there too for you ;)

BitHed.... I sent you an email about the shocks.

Thanks,

Mike

BitHed
12-04-2006, 02:11 AM
...Migs read and replied and now i am having a cigarette :D Will await your reply...

Migs
12-04-2006, 02:17 AM
...Migs read and replied and now i am having a cigarette :D Will await your reply...

LMAO....!!! Got your reply and replied back. My turn to go have a cigarette...!!!

:D

BitHed
12-04-2006, 02:27 AM
...Received and replied...I am in a HELL good mood so i sweetened your deal ;)

...And as much as i hate to say it, I have to love fellow RC'ers who have a nicotine addiction ;)

Migs
12-04-2006, 02:31 AM
...Received and replied...I am in a HELL good mood so i sweetened your deal ;)

...And as much as i hate to say it, I have to love fellow RC'ers who have a nicotine addiction ;)

LOL.... I love the smell of nitro and cigarettes in the morning (or evening for that matter)...!!!

Glad to hear your in a good mood Bit, and thanks for sweetening the deal I really appreciate it.

BitHed
12-04-2006, 02:35 AM
...well it doesnt happen often but when it does i always like to look after the clients who know what they are doing ;) My hat off to you M...

...Of course there WAS the time that i was selling 'live' over messenger when i was under the influence LOL...I still regret selling what i did at the prices that i did :D

...Just get me those two numbers i needed :cool:

Migs
12-04-2006, 02:50 AM
...well it doesnt happen often but when it does i always like to look after the clients who know what they are doing ;) My hat off to you M...

...Of course there WAS the time that i was selling 'live' over messenger when i was under the influence LOL...I still regret selling what i did at the prices that i did :D

...Just get me those two numbers i needed :cool:

Wow... I don't know what to say... Thanks for the kind words Bit. I'd like to "think" I know what I'm doing most of the time. I do take a lot of pride in my work and I hope it shows. I've been into r/c's off and on for about 10 years or so but just recently into electrics and these smaller 16th and 18th scales. They're just waaaay too much fun...!!!

I wish I knew you back when you were selling live on messenger and under the influnce. Man... those must've been some good deals... LMAO.

We'll have to discuss those numbers you need but we can do that via email. I think we got a little off topic here in this thread. So with that being said, IMHO... I think the Kyosho aluminum bodies shocks are the best and smoothest shocks for the Mini Inferno platform.