PDA

View Full Version : KMRC chassis info and questions

Rohit
11-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Ok, so I just build up a new half 8 buggy with the KMRC 6 cell chassis. I am actually running 8 cells on it with the extra cells toward the outside of the chassis.
Also got the 12t pinion to fit no problem, just had to grind the motor mount holes a little and use the smaller holes in the motor not the 3mm ones.
Couple of questions
I have noticed it is very hard to get the spur gear to spin straight. It wobbles, seems like it pivots a little on the pin everything is held on the shaft with. I really hate this because it seems to be the only source of noise.
Also, I am running the brusless in reverse with the diffs installed regularly as everyone seems to be doing, but it seems that makes the slipper nut loosen when the slipper works, so I curently have the slipper locked untill I figure it out. I cut the spring and it still loosens. I am thinking about putting a large e clip on the thread right before the nut to stop it from moving.

Last, does anyone know where to get the 8 cell version? Or do you have to order the chassis and holders seperate?
Thanks.
Ro

MiniTats
11-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Try this.

http://www.km-rc.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_22_27_59&products_id=140&osCsid=b26b195def5bac5d256a8ba482fcc96b

Rohit
11-29-2006, 02:02 AM
Ya thats just the chassis, not the kit, also that doesn't come with the battery holders or different batt posts that the 8 cell version would come with, so even tho I already have the 6 cell version, I need more than just the chassis to make it the 8 cell version.