PDA

View Full Version : How to make and mount an 9.6V AA battery

Francisco
11-27-2006, 12:54 PM
This one has to be custom built in 3 packs, 2x 3 batteries, and 1x 2 batteries.
I Used Sanyo like batts, 2500mAh capacity.
The stock receiver goes into the left battery saddle.
As they say, a photograph is worth a thousand words, so here goes a link to my gallery.

http://halfeight.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=845

Thank you.

glen
12-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Went through a similar process but decided to keep the weight as low to the ground as possible.

What do you think of the extra weight we are carrying around?

Cheers

Francisco
12-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Yes, i think to myself sometimes about getting the center battery pack to the other saddle location like you did, mostly because if i drive over some small puddlesof water a couples of times, the rx signs off :(
Consider this: we carry aproximately 1/3 more weight than a 2/3AA 8 cell pack, but we have over the double of capacity and a higher discharge rate. So faster car, longer run time :)
It's worth it, in my point of view :D

glen
12-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Having this extra power is a bit useless when it gets bled to waste by the slipper clutch. Have you modded yours or just done it up tight?

Very frustrated with mine. I think they are a good idea but it's just to loose.

Francisco
12-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Tightened it to exactly 4mm.
Only now i have 1/10 scale foam tyres i hear it getting into use accelerating from a stand still; with the standard rubber spiked tyres, on a nice indoor sports pavement (soccer, basketball) the wheels spin out in the same situation:D, so i really don't need to tighten it more (for now) :P
If yours slips too much, just tighten it up a little bit. Better have a little slippage than having to buy new gears :(

glen
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Cool, tightend the slipper pretty much right up. Much better. (still not perfect but good enough for what I want.)
Thanks for the heads up.
Cheers

ajvctrindade
12-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Hello,

I have the 9,6V 1100mha battery pack from kyosho.

The great problem is the duration. To short. :(

Can you tell me the diference between this and the one you build? Do you have enought power with this?

I was thinking to build that, then I found your thread. lol :)

Thanks,
Trindade

pietro75
01-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey guys- Just picked up a mini inferno L.A.V. for my son I am looking for a battery pack and know nothing about them. I am now considering building one like the mods. you displayed here. what are the advantages. I want as much run time for him as possible.

Thanks alot

Francisco
01-19-2007, 12:23 PM
The batteries used are standard NIMH AA size batteries, with 2500mAH capacity. It runs fast for the first 15 minutes at full throttle, then starts to slow down a bit like when it runs on just 6 batts, but keeps going good. If i give the car some rest it hops up again. Estimated runtime: 35 min. plus
Just remember you have to divide the battery pack in 3 modules so they fit on the car.

pllbz
01-20-2007, 03:17 AM
intellect 1400 Nmah is the way to go....stays strong on torque for abount 20-25 min.......and dies in about 30-35 min. need a peak charger to go with your new batt though.