PDA

View Full Version : new member and new mini

jballs918
11-22-2006, 05:30 AM
well guys im new to the board and new to the whole min thing. i have built and ran alot of 1/8 and 1/10 scale ele. and one nitro buggy. so i went to my lhs yesterday and picked up a 09 rtr. i figured what the hay. well this leads me to a few questions. one is im not sure about this, but are the hop ups the same as the half 8. i love the buggy, but im normally pretty tuff on cars i was wondering if there where anything i can replace. like the a arms. im pretty scared about those and also the stock towers. but stuff like that. this buggy will never race things other then friends. im doing the break in right now and it seems to handle fairly well. the other question i have that there is a st model, does anyone know if those tires will fit on the buggy. i really cant wait to get it broke in as there is a pretty good track down here in vegas that i can run it on. i want to see how it handles. also are there any shocks out there that are really tuff. this buggy looks like it will be fun. wish me luck

halfEIGHT
12-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Welcome jballs918; the susp. on the 09 is interchangeable w/ that of the EP; the stock towers you'll def. want to upgrade, the increased power of the 09 means you'll find a way to break them in no time! :)