PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered one, should be here tomorrow...

Seppeku
11-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Mine should be here tomorrow! I can't wait!

I'm wondering about the two-speed tranny. When is it coming out and if it is, I can't find it for sale any where!

Any one else going to get one if they can?

Migs
11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Mine should be here tomorrow! I can't wait!

I'm wondering about the two-speed tranny. When is it coming out and if it is, I can't find it for sale any where!

Any one else going to get one if they can?

I don't think the 2 speed tranny is out yet. I haven't seen a release date for it. I also read something about a multi-disk brake set-up also.

I should have my 09 this Friday... can't wait...!!! :D

Seppeku
11-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Can't wait to get this thing!!!

I noticed the 2-speed is available for the IRC Vulcan, so maybe I got it mixed up with this one. I did so much research before deciding on this vehicle over the Vulcan, maybe I thought the 2-speed for the Vulcan was for the 09.

What hop ups are available for the 09 now or what should I get if anything?

bluegrooveracer
11-30-2006, 03:31 PM
migs hows th 09 i want to get one i just don't like difficult to tune engines is it reliable and enough power? lmk thanks

Migs
11-30-2006, 04:04 PM
migs hows th 09 i want to get one i just don't like difficult to tune engines is it reliable and enough power? lmk thanks

Jon, I just got mine late Tuesday afternoon when I got off work. Haven't had a chance to fire it up or break it in yet. I'll be doing that on Sunday or Monday. Hopefully the weather cooperates. From what I've read so far, they seem to hold a tune pretty well. I forgot to look at the carb on the 09 motor but I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is no low-speed needle, just the high-speed needle. I'm wondering how long it'll be before someones makes a motor mount hop-up to allow a .12 motor to be used. I'll keep you guys posted. I've got some other plans for mine as well...

There's a pretty good write up on the 09 in the Dec or Jan issue of RC Car Action magazine.

Mike

bluegrooveracer
11-30-2006, 04:14 PM
i would rather get a review from a buyer not a magazine that is payed to promote a product so keep in touch with your results especially how it is box stock?

Migs
11-30-2006, 04:31 PM
i would rather get a review from a buyer not a magazine that is payed to promote a product so keep in touch with your results especially how it is box stock?

Ya, I know what you mean... I'll try and get some feedback posted up as soon as I can. Probably by early next week at the latest.

BiGRoB21
11-30-2006, 05:07 PM
im ready to get one for myself and tear up the local tracks with it lol

Migs
12-02-2006, 04:01 PM
So I ended up taking the day off from work yesterday and worked on my 09. Took out the stock receiver and put in a micro Spektrum receiver so I could use the 09 with my M11 tx.

The pinch on the motor was really tight but that was to be expected with a new motor. The piston got stuck a few times when initially trying to start it up. Had to use the o'l screwdriver on the flywheel trick. I ended up wraping the cooling head in some aluminum foil and then preheating it with a heat gun to expand the chaimber which helped a lot. After that... it fired right up. This thing sounds good considering how small it is. I was able to get about 4 tanks of gas through it before it got too dark outside. I haven't started to lean it out yet but I will on the next couple tanks. I'll be doing that later today or tomorrow.

It might be too early to say at this point but... I think this 09 is going to be more fun than my new ST. Each will serve their own specific purposes though so it's not like I'm going to sell my ST. I put way too much time and money into that thing.

BiGRoB21
12-02-2006, 04:23 PM
stop... you are only making me want one more and more lol

Migs
12-02-2006, 06:30 PM
stop... you are only making me want one more and more lol

LOL... sorry Rob.

On another note, I can see myself doing an ST conversion on this thing in the near future.

BiGRoB21
12-02-2006, 07:13 PM
yah it will make more sence since the chassis is extended.