PDA

View Full Version : My new KM-RC MIST...

Migs
11-20-2006, 02:39 AM
Hey guys... just posted up some new pics of my KM-RC MIST. I had a buggy before but converted it to the ST when I switched to the KM-RC chassis. I'll be doing some testing on it tomorrow. By the time I was done with it today it was already dark outside...

You can see my new pics in my gallery by clicking on the link below in my signature.

:D

wreckless18b
11-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Looks REALLY good!!! You gotta make sure you do a good review on it ... and about how you like the ST compared to the buggy. Also, what wheel/tire combo is that? I just got my buggy working today, ran a few batteries through it ... and then it fell into a ditch that I didn't know was a 12ft deep hole for building a house ... lost all of my electronics and my chassis is in less than great shape. Well, on a lighter note, I hope you have fun with yours!
-wreckless18b

Migs
11-20-2006, 03:02 AM
Looks REALLY good!!! You gotta make sure you do a good review on it ... and about how you like the ST compared to the buggy. Also, what wheel/tire combo is that? I just got my buggy working today, ran a few batteries through it ... and then it fell into a ditch that I didn't know was a 12ft deep hole for building a house ... lost all of my electronics and my chassis is in less than great shape. Well, on a lighter note, I hope you have fun with yours!
-wreckless18b

Wreckles... thank you for the kind words. I took my time with this project, I've actually had the chassis for quite a while now and just recently started working on it again. I'll do my best to give my opinion about the chassis. I already know it's going to be a lot quieter than the normal MI chassis because of the simplified drivetrain.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank a few people....

EclipseRC.com for the custom painted body, 2 more are on the way.

To Jon at TeamBlueGroove for the undertray and ideas for wheels and tires. Not to mention putting up with all my countless questions.

Also to John (a.k.a. Morati) for all the help with the issues pertaining to the KM-RC chassis and other r/c related topics.

This project could not be accomplished without them. Thank you all so much...!!!

Migs
11-20-2006, 03:09 AM
what wheel/tire combo is that?

I got the idea of the wheels and tires from TeamBlueGroove. They are Mini LST wheels that have been narrowed (cut) to fit Mini Quake street tires. You obviously have to also use Mini-LST wheel hexes. I also have another set of the same wheels with dirt tires on them. I'll be posting up more pics of those wheels and tires when I get my other 2 painted bodies.

Sorry to here about your buggy... I hope it's not too damaged. You could always buy my old Eclipse carbon fiber chassis with extras... it's a great deal...!!! ;)

http://halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2500

sorry... shameless plug :o

wreckless18b
11-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Migs-
Well I'm glad you take pride in your projects -- it obviously shows. I looked at your chassis ... it looks like a really good deal, but I think I need to work on getting electronics for it before I get a chassis.
Thanks,
wreckless18b

p.s. May I ask where you run your cars? I live in CA and there aren't many places.

Migs
11-20-2006, 04:54 AM
Migs-
Well I'm glad you take pride in your projects -- it obviously shows. I looked at your chassis ... it looks like a really good deal, but I think I need to work on getting electronics for it before I get a chassis.
Thanks,
wreckless18b

p.s. May I ask where you run your cars? I live in CA and there aren't many places.

Thanks again for the kind words...

I would have to agree that the electronics are an important part of an r/c vehicle, the chassis can wait.

My haven't run my MI's on any tracks yet, mostly just parking lot bashing with some of my buddies who run nitro MT's, buggies, and truggies. They usually try and run me over when I run my MI or Vendetta around them.

There's a new hobby shop that opened near my house a couple months back, less than 10 minutes away. It's called NorCal Hobbies (norcalhobbies.com). When they first opened they had a on-road 10th scale track built. They also had a pretty big indoor Mini-Z track. They're in the process of building a dirt track but rainy season is starting here in Northern California so it probably won't get done til spring. I went there today and saw that they had taken out the Mini-Z track and replaced it with a much bigger carpet track for 18th, 16th, and maybe 12th and 10th scale r/c's. I may try running my MIST on there but more than likely I'll run my Vendetta.

wreckless18b
11-20-2006, 05:39 AM
Migs-
Thanks for the reply ... but that link doesn't work right now.

By looking on the map, it looks like that hobby shop is somewhat near Hobbytown Fremont, which used to hold 1/18 carpet races every Friday night (I went to a couple, won my class:))... now the employees who ran the racing program left, so they don't hold them anymore(to my knowledge, I haven't checked back in a while). I'll make sure to check out that hobby shop the next time I'm near there.

My Mini Inferno is in pieces on my desk right now ... I'm doing a complete rebuild after that mud incident, and I'm thinking of upgrading my diffs. Do you have any experience with MIST sealed gear diffs? The whole setup for front and rear is only about $25 on KyoshoAmerica.com, so I'm thinking of upgrading from my stock diffs. Is it worth it?

Thanks,
wreckless18b

Migs
11-20-2006, 05:52 AM
wreckless..... email me directly:

mailmigs@aol.com (mailmigs@aol.com)

Migs
11-20-2006, 09:40 PM
So I just got done doing a little bit of testing today with the KM-RC chassis, nothing major... just some runs on the street in front of my house. I'm pretty impressed overall and as I'm sure most of you already guessed, it IS a lot more quiet compared to the Kyosho diff/slipper setup.

I'm running a Wraith 7K (with 13T pinion) and a Quark 33A esc with a Thunder Power 3cell saddle lipo. After about 10 or so high-speed passes back and forth, motor temp was about 128F and esc temp was about 150F. Running almost the same setup in my old MI buggy, temps were a lot higher, even with an 11T pinion. I know running the ST body helps a lot with cooling where as my buggy body was more enclosed.

I'll be doing some more testing/running this Friday night when I run with some of my nitro buddies at a little parking lot bashing session. I may also run it at my LHS indoor carpet track that they recently setup next Monday.

It's too early to say at this point whether I like the ST over my buggy that I converted. I do obviously like the extra ground clearance and the wide track of the ST. But since I have a Vendetta and a Mini Inferno 09 on the way, I figured I needed an ST. I'm pretty happy overall.

I'll keep you guys updated....

morati
11-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Nicely done mike! Happy to hear that you are likin' it so far. Keep us posted after you have run it offroad.

Migs
11-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Nicely done mike! Happy to hear that you are likin' it so far. Keep us posted after you have run it offroad.

Thanks John.... and thanks as always for all your help, it's much appreciated. You're one of the people that made my project possible.

I fogot to also thank Troy at BPP for all his help with the motor, esc, and lipo.

Not sure when this thing is going to see a dirt track as it's just about rainy season here in Northern California and my LHS hasn't started on thier dirt track yet. I wish there was a nice indoor dirt track around here. :(

davo
11-21-2006, 01:28 AM
migs, nice choice with the eclipse rc paint job. I race with him and love his paintjobs. i plan on getting one in a few weeks i cant wait!

Migs
11-21-2006, 01:36 AM
migs, nice choice with the eclipse rc paint job. I race with him and love his paintjobs. i plan on getting one in a few weeks i cant wait!

Thanks davo... he's painted a couple of bodies for me already. I like his work, nothing too over the top. I chatted with him recently and he told me he's taking a break from painting til after the new year. I think he put up a message on his website stating that as well.

davo
11-21-2006, 01:51 AM
ya he's taking a break so he can finnaly race again. hes been spending all his time painting bodys

bluegrooveracer
11-22-2006, 01:09 AM
good job migs i'm jealous of your weather i finished my st only in time for the wet cold snowy weather i have to wait till spring. have fun tuning and racing
keep us upto date with any tuning tips i already to morati all i know and i'm glad he could help you he's a friendly racer and very patient and willing to help enjoy
ps thanks for the props

morati
11-22-2006, 01:22 AM
What a Friendly Forum!!!! Nice! TeamBlueGroove was responsible for all the fixes to the KM-RC conversion....All I did was pass along info and come up with the idea for the 13T pinion to fit in order to give more gearing options...This is now one of my favourite vehicles to drive! We just need to find some 20C Lipo's that will fit in the battery compartment. I'm workin' on it!

Migs
11-22-2006, 01:28 AM
good job migs i'm jealous of your weather i finished my st only in time for the wet cold snowy weather i have to wait till spring. have fun tuning and racing
keep us upto date with any tuning tips i already to morati all i know and i'm glad he could help you he's a friendly racer and very patient and willing to help enjoy
ps thanks for the props

Thanks for the very kind words bluegrooveracer...!!! You're one of the many people who made my project possible. Thank you again so much for all your help and ideas. I really like the wheel/tire combo. I have another set of wheels with the Mini Quake dirt tires as well.

Don't be too jealous of the weather here in Northern California. We're just about to start our rainy season. We've gotten a little rain but most of it has been north of the Bay Area. I might be doing some indoor carpet racing in the coming months so this ST won't see any dirt anytime soon. I'm also hoping to build my own dirt track next spring.

I'll have to email you about some tuning tips for my ST and Vendetta. I'm curious though.. your ST conversion obviously came out really well. Would you say it's the most fun to run out of all your 16th/18th scale rc's now....???

bluegrooveracer
11-22-2006, 01:52 AM
its right up there as far as favorites go but ussually when ever i pull a different car from my display case and hit the track it becomes my new favorite of the moment , i have poured my heart and soul into all my kits and creations/designs and i try to strech the limits with each one but i allways seem to favor the the good old bg2 mini t buggy conversion it still holds all the track records for overall laps in 5 min and fastest lap time and consistency. i love 4wd offroad just not the maintence that follows i would say the st is 2nd in order of favorites
ps
and i'm not just saying that to promote the bg2 ;)

Migs
11-22-2006, 01:58 AM
its right up there as far as favorites go but ussually when ever i pull a different car from my display case and hit the track it becomes my new favorite of the moment , i have poured my heart and soul into all my kits and creations/designs and i try to strech the limits with each one but i allways seem to favor the the good old bg2 mini t buggy conversion it still holds all the track records for overall laps in 5 min and fastest lap time and consistency. i love 4wd offroad just not the maintence that follows i would say the st is 2nd in order of favorites
ps
and i'm not just saying that to promote the bg2 ;)

Wow... the ST gets high marks and praise...!!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with all of us bluegroove...!!! Don't be a stranger...

Migs
11-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Hey guys.... I just got done uploading 25 NEW pics to my gallery. 2 new custom painted bodies that I got in today, more chassis pics as well. I had noticed a lot of people viewing the chassis pics that I had already posted so I thought I'd take some more close-ups and different angles. I'm open to comments, questions, and suggestions...

Thanks

You can click on the link in my signature to go directly to my gallery. :D

MINIz guy
11-23-2006, 03:20 AM
wow, a few weeks gone from here and seems like that i missed everything. anyway, nice MIST!

groundhogg
11-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Very nice pics.

Who makes that truck body to fit the bluegroove undertray?

Also, I had heard the smallest pinion that would fit using the KM motor mount was 15t. Did you do some modifications to that mount? I noticed that with the 380 size motors, you can't get any closer without rubbing the center outdrive.

Migs
11-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Very nice pics.

Who makes that truck body to fit the bluegroove undertray?

Also, I had heard the smallest pinion that would fit using the KM motor mount was 15t. Did you do some modifications to that mount? I noticed that with the 380 size motors, you can't get any closer without rubbing the center outdrive.

Thanks for the compliment on the pics :)

The body I'm using is actually a stock Kyosho ST body without the bottom half shell (cover). Since the 6 cell KM-RC chassis is narrower than the stock, Eclipse, Holeshot, Xtreme, and CAW chassis's... the stock body fits nicely (without the bottom half). 2 of my bodies are actually from bluegroove. They are almost identical to the stock Kyosho ST body, very subtle differences. By the way, I do have the bluegroove top cover that matches the undertray but I found that it just keeps in too much of the heat generated from the motor and esc. I'll at least have to take a picture with it on just for shits and giggles.

The was some slight Dremel griding done to the motor mount on the bottom slot. This allowed my Wraith motor to slide in closer to run a 13T pinion. The spur and pinion still do not completely line up vertically because the motor shaft on the Wraith just isn't long enough, even with using an Associated pinion gear. But that doesn't seem to be a problem so far. By the way... Morati was the one who first did the grinding on the motor mount and told me about it.

I think that covers all your questions... If you have more questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks,

Mike

zixxer
11-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Man you have taken that truck to a new level ...the thing i like the most is the offroad tires in your galleries...Also it would be awesome if i could get some info on that set up.....what wheels,what tires,how much cutting and so on.....everything else looks awesome but its tires and wheels and suspesion set -ups that will win the race (offroad vs. onroad)my email is
zixxer@gmail.com
If you are willing to share that set up ....it would be even more AWESOME....
Thanks again and will try and get on more often....... :o

Migs
11-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Man you have taken that truck to a new level ...the thing i like the most is the offroad tires in your galleries...Also it would be awesome if i could get some info on that set up.....what wheels,what tires,how much cutting and so on.....everything else looks awesome but its tires and wheels and suspesion set -ups that will win the race (offroad vs. onroad)my email is
zixxer@gmail.com
If you are willing to share that set up ....it would be even more AWESOME....
Thanks again and will try and get on more often....... :o

Zixxer... the dish wheels are Team Losi Mini-LST wheels that have been narrowed to fit Duratrax Mini Quake tires. This idea came from Jon at TeamBlueGroove.

I basically used a Dremel with a cutting disk and cut the inside bead off the wheel. I then used a sanding drum on the Dremel to make everything flat as possible. The bead that is left now becomes the new inner bead and is what you will glue your inside tire bead to. I hope that makes sense. I actually need to narrow another set of these wheels in the next few days. I'll try and take pictures if it doesn't make sense to you. I know some 1/8th scale truggy guys do this on their wheels also to make the sidewall of the tire smaller.

Also.. with using the Mini LST wheels you will also need the Mini LST wheel hexes as they are smaller than the ones on the Mini Inferno.

Feel free to post or email me directly if you have anymore questions.

Thanks,

Mike

Oh and I know I mentioned this before but I can't say it enough. I wouldn't have been able to take my ST to a "new level" without the help of some great people here. Eclipse RC, Morati, TeamBlueGroove, BPP.com, T-Bone Racing, TheToyz.com, and the list goes on....

morati
11-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Mike, Have you had a chance to run that thing again? Any more observances for us?

Migs
11-30-2006, 02:05 AM
Mike, Have you had a chance to run that thing again? Any more observances for us?

Hey John, unfortunately I've been busy with the holidays, family, and work so I haven't really had any free time to run this thing. I'm hoping to try and get some track time on the LHS carpet track this coming Monday. I stopped by there the other day and they were building jumps for the track. If I do make it out there I'll post up details. But.... since I just got my MI 09 yesterday, I may be playing around with that instead. Too many toys... too little time... :rolleyes: . Not to mention we just had daylight savings time not too long ago so it gets darker sooner. No daylight after I get off work anymore. Not to mention it's getting really cold too. I'll keep you guys posted...

zixxer
11-30-2006, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=Migs]. I hope that makes sense. I actually need to narrow another set of these wheels in the next few days. I'll try and take pictures if it doesn't make sense to you.

Well kinda :confused: sort of :confused:
It would be awesome if you really had the time to take pics of the process....The pic i was looking at in your gallery is here if i did it right
http://halfeight.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=890&cat=500&page=1
Now are those the mini quake tires or are they some other brand? Im sure now that im not so sure on how you did it...Hate to be a ding dong but sometimes a picture says a thousand words....I will stick with the post or if its off topic lemme know and i will post up a new thread....or email me
zixxer@gmail.com or i will hit you up.....its hard for me being a year in to r/c and then having to have that tire set up in the link :cool:

Migs
11-30-2006, 02:37 AM
Both the street tires and the off-road tires I have on my ST are both DuraTrax Mini Quake tires. You can find them here:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJRW3&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJNR8&P=7

I will post up some pics when I narrow my next set of wheels. Actually now that I think about it, I can probably do it in Photoshop. They will actually be the wheels in the link to my gallery that you posted in your last reply. I didn't have time to narrow those yellow wheels but I wanted to see what they would look like with those tires and that red body.

zixxer
11-30-2006, 03:07 AM
Man i think i got it ....see if this flies
dremmel the outer lip on the inside of the rim until you reach the inner lip on the inside and the inner lip on the inside becomes the outer lip on the inside..... :D ..man it just took me a minute to think about it .... :cool:

Migs
11-30-2006, 03:24 AM
Man i think i got it ....see if this flies
dremmel the outer lip on the inside of the rim until you reach the inner lip on the inside and the inner lip on the inside becomes the outer lip on the inside..... :D ..man it just took me a minute to think about it .... :cool:

It sounds like you understand. But... there is one more step that I forgot to mention.... On these Mini LST wheels there are also 5 or 6 ribs (evenly spaced) on the center of the outside wheel. I'm guessing they add stability or rigidity to the wheel. You will need to cut about a 1/8" - 3/16" away to make a new tire bead area to allow the inside tire to seat on the wheel properly. If that doesn't make sense, it will once you get the wheels and have them in front of you.

zixxer
11-30-2006, 11:53 AM
cool ,yup, ive got a few sets and plan on pealing some tires off tonight...i will let you know how it comes out.....trhanks for the help :D

Yoshi
12-12-2006, 03:20 PM
I love the chassis and I want one now LOL, I live in the UK and would realy like to know where I can get the chassis, I need to find an outlet that will allow me to order online and pay through Pay Pal.

I notice that the stock cam type servo saver off the stock chassis is ditched for a solid ackerman and a servo saver directly onto the servo, is it posible to keep the original servo saver as I like that setup. If the stock setup cant be used what servo saver would people recomend.

Thansk Yoshi

Migs
12-12-2006, 04:27 PM
I love the chassis and I want one now LOL, I live in the UK and would realy like to know where I can get the chassis, I need to find an outlet that will allow me to order online and pay through Pay Pal.

I notice that the stock cam type servo saver off the stock chassis is ditched for a solid ackerman and a servo saver directly onto the servo, is it posible to keep the original servo saver as I like that setup. If the stock setup cant be used what servo saver would people recomend.

Thansk Yoshi

It's going for $99 here:

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebproductdetail.asp?catmainid=518&id=6233

Not sure if they accept PayPal or ship to the UK. You can try ordering direct from km-rc.com or Ebay as well.

If I remember correctly, the stock or any hop-up steering assembly won't work with this KM-RC chassis. The steering posts are different. I ended up using an Xray servo saver that I believe might be from an M18 but I'm not sure. It was suggested to me by Morati and BlueGroove here in the forums.

Let us all know if you end up getting one and what you think about it....

Yoshi
12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks Migs for the quick reply, I will be getting one as soon as I have contacted all the sources to see who can send one over, I also had the Tekin Rage Extreme on the way over from the RC Shack, great people they are, also orderd the MIP CVD's and a titanium turnbuckle set, only had the car a week and spent nearly twice it's value in upgrades, the next upgrade will be the MIP ball diff's and stainless input cups for the diff pinion,but it's still a lot less than I spend on the 1/8th.

Does a standerd size servo fin in the new chassis or is it still a micro item?

Also where can I get the sadle pak LiPo's from, same again need to be shipped to the uK and payment by pay pal.

Migs
12-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks Migs for the quick reply, I will be getting one as soon as I have contacted all the sources to see who can send one over, I also had the Tekin Rage Extreme on the way over from the RC Shack, great people they are, also orderd the MIP CVD's and a titanium turnbuckle set, only had the car a week and spent nearly twice it's value in upgrades, the next upgrade will be the MIP ball diff's and stainless input cups for the diff pinion,but it's still a lot less than I spend on the 1/8th.

Does a standerd size servo fin in the new chassis or is it still a micro item?

Also where can I get the sadle pak LiPo's from, same again need to be shipped to the uK and payment by pay pal.

No problem Yoshi. Sounds like you've got some nice upgrades coming. I never even ran my Half 8 stock when I first got it. And I've spent quite a bit of money on it since then. I have no regrets though, especially now with the KM-RC chassis.

I use a micro servo still and I got my saddle lipo from Troy at b-p-p.com. Tell him Mike referred you. LOL.. I'm sure he knows a few Mike's so just tell him you're from Halfeight.com. I believe he does ship international.

Yoshi
12-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Just had an instant reply from KM-RC and it's good news.

Dear Rob,

Thank you for your email. Yes, we can ship to UK by USPS EMS (Express Mail) we have a lot of customers in UK and we ship international everyday.

Paypal would be fine. You can pay for it automatically through our website. We will then send you a request for shipping payment seperately once you placed the order (as our website will only have you pay for the item first since ship rate is calculated base on weight after we see the content of the order)

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C

Looks like I will be ordering the chassis very soon.

zixxer
12-16-2006, 01:37 AM
well here ya go migs....and thanks so much for the help ...i race tomarrow we will see.....looks like they will do great :D

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/zixxer1/rcpics023.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/zixxer1/rcpics021.jpg

Migs
12-16-2006, 01:40 AM
well here ya go migs....and thanks so much for the help ...i race tomarrow we will see.....looks like they will do great :D

Looks sweet Zixxer...!!! Lemme know how those tires work out for you....!!!

groundhogg
12-18-2006, 01:50 AM
What a Friendly Forum!!!! Nice! TeamBlueGroove was responsible for all the fixes to the KM-RC conversion....All I did was pass along info and come up with the idea for the 13T pinion to fit in order to give more gearing options...This is now one of my favourite vehicles to drive! We just need to find some 20C Lipo's that will fit in the battery compartment. I'm workin' on it!

Where can I find the info mentioned in the quote above?

Also, I was wondering where you guys were getting pinions for motors? I'm looking for options for both 2mm AND 2.3mm shafts.

I own a MIST with the KM chassis.

Thanks in advance

Migs
12-18-2006, 02:07 AM
Where can I find the info mentioned in the quote above?

Also, I was wondering where you guys were getting pinions for motors? I'm looking for options for both 2mm AND 2.3mm shafts.

I own a MIST with the KM chassis.

Thanks in advance

What info were you referring to in the quote...?

As far as pinions... Morati and I are both using Associated RC18T pinions with our KMRC chassis/motor setups for 2mm motor shafts. Unfortunately I don't have any info about 2.3mm motor shaft pinions. Troy at b-p-p.com may have some.

Morati... would you care to chime in....???

morati
12-18-2006, 05:45 PM
What info were you referring to in the quote...?

As far as pinions... Morati and I are both using Associated RC18T pinions with our KMRC chassis/motor setups for 2mm motor shafts. Unfortunately I don't have any info about 2.3mm motor shaft pinions. Troy at b-p-p.com may have some.

Morati... would you care to chime in....???Sorry for the slow response. Sato Seiki makes a 2.3mm pinion set for the MI in 12t-16t sizes. Part # SS-KMI-106 I got mine through RCMart.

morati
12-19-2006, 01:07 AM
Here they are...
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_653_695&products_id=14946

groundhogg
12-20-2006, 02:28 AM
I'm sorry for the confusion.

Are you just grinding away material from the motor mount to allow smaller pinions?

Morati, are you pleased with the quality of those pinions? I noticed some bad reviews on another pinion set on that site. (nothing against the site, just someone's opinion)

Migs
12-20-2006, 02:44 AM
I'm sorry for the confusion.

Are you just grinding away material from the motor mount to allow smaller pinions?

Morati, are you pleased with the quality of those pinions? I noticed some bad reviews on another pinion set on that site. (nothing against the site, just someone's opinion)

Morati came up with the idea of grinding the lower slot on the motor mount to be able to run smaller pinions.

As far as the Sato pinions... I bought a set but haven't tried them yet. If I ever try a Hyperion long can motor with this KMRC chassis then I'll obviously need those pinions with the 2.3mm motor shaft on the Hyperion. Can't really comment on the quality but they do have that "shiny" finish to them like the Atomic slipper gears for the MI. I rather not comment before I actually try them out.

morati
12-20-2006, 04:52 AM
Morati came up with the idea of grinding the lower slot on the motor mount to be able to run smaller pinions.

As far as the Sato pinions... I bought a set but haven't tried them yet. If I ever try a Hyperion long can motor with this KMRC chassis then I'll obviously need those pinions with the 2.3mm motor shaft on the Hyperion. Can't really comment on the quality but they do have that "shiny" finish to them like the Atomic slipper gears for the MI. I rather not comment before I actually try them out.
Same here.....can't comment on them yet as I have not tried them. I bought them with the intention of running a Hyperion Long can motor with them. Haven't gotten around to getting one of those motors yet. I'm happy with the Wraith.

schmacher
12-22-2006, 05:42 PM
hey migs, where did you get the body and undertray from?

Migs
12-22-2006, 05:51 PM
hey migs, where did you get the body and undertray from?

The body shown in my avatar is the stock Kyosho ST body without the lower shell. The KMRC 6 cell chassis is more narrow than stock, Eclipse, Xtreme, and other 3rd party chassis's (so the lower body shell isn't needed).

TeamBlueGroove also makes an ST body that is ever so slightly different than the stock Kyosho body. He also makes the undertray as well. I believe he has the undertrays listed on Ebay but I'm not sure about the ST body. You can email him directly for more info and pricing.

Let me know if you have anymore questions...

schmacher
12-22-2006, 06:50 PM
could you shoot me an email with the web addresses for xtreme,eclipse and blue groove...i'd appriciate it

thefnshow@comcast.net

Migs
12-23-2006, 12:52 AM
could you shoot me an email with the web addresses for xtreme,eclipse and blue groove...i'd appriciate it

thefnshow@comcast.net

www.xtremercracing.com (http://www.xtremercracing.com/)

www.eclipserc.com (http://www.eclipserc.com/) (cf chassis is not available anymore)

www.teambluegroove.com (http://www.teambluegroove.com/)

schmacher
12-25-2006, 08:30 PM
thanks migs for the websites...but i still couldn't find the st bodies? they still sell them ?

Migs
12-25-2006, 08:35 PM
thanks migs for the websites...but i still couldn't find the st bodies? they still sell them ?

If you're asking if BlueGrooveRacing still sells the ST bodies, you'll have to email him directly and ask him. I know there are a lot of things he sells that aren't listed on his website.

If you want a Kyosho ST body... try Ebay, TinyRC.com, TheToyz.com, etc...

schmacher
12-26-2006, 07:50 PM
what is bluegroove's email..their site nonfunctional

morati
12-27-2006, 12:26 AM

http://home.cogeco.ca/~pellis6/

Migs
12-27-2006, 02:19 AM

Ya... looks like his site is having some problems... Here's their email address:

teambluegroove@hotmail.com

schmacher
12-27-2006, 03:03 AM
thanks...sorry for being a pain

schmacher
01-04-2007, 12:05 AM
quick question...i'm using the lrp micro modified motor with the stock spur gear...what pinion should i use can't seem to get the pinion to reach...i think it's a 15...thanks

Migs
01-04-2007, 01:42 AM
quick question...i'm using the lrp micro modified motor with the stock spur gear...what pinion should i use can't seem to get the pinion to reach...i think it's a 15...thanks

I'm not familiar with that particular motor but Morati and I ran into the same problem with our Wraith 7K brushless motors. You'll need to grind the lower slot on the motor mount to allow the motor to slide more inward (closer to the spur gear). A Dremel with a nice metal grinding bit works best. I'd imagine a small metal rat tail file would work as well.