PDA

View Full Version : OUtdrives and Stainless CVD's

tornacl90rx7
04-27-2005, 02:56 AM
Ok I know for a fact that the H8 needs some decent CVD's for it ....and some adapters so we can use 10th Scale wheels with the Half 8...
I had a decent conversation with Frank at Country Alloy Works tonite adn he tells me they are making a 300 mile trip to get some extended out drives and some hex hubs made on a machine that cost 225 Grand so we can fit the 10th scale wheels on our Half 8's. I am especailly interested in the idea of the stainless steel CVD's with an extended outdrive (for 10th scale wheels)... a smoother drive train is always a good thing ... the more interest in this stuff ,the more these guys can do for us when it comes to being able to find upgrades and aftermarket parts for the half 8 . I havent gotten anything but satisfaction from the thing's I have gotten from Frank and his sons at Couuntry Alloy Works .....

mOOsE
04-27-2005, 04:28 AM
Trinity already makes adapters...they are on tower. you can use any standard hex wheel fitting so touring or hpi off road rims for some seriously big rims.

hkopium
04-27-2005, 01:01 PM
I ordered 2 sets of this today from Tower, hope they will fit on my H8:

HGI LeMans Alloy Wheels (2 wheels per 1 set)

Solid super strong aerospace alloy.
Stunning concours looks.
Reusable design.
Precision CNC machined.
Lemans style, straight 5-spoke wheels
Unique HGTrigon mounting system fits all hex hubs including Traxxas,
Associated, HPI, CEN, Tamiya, MRC, Kyosho and most other popular
1/10th scale touring cars.
Fits 24mm, 25mm and 26mm tires.

INCLUDES: Two aluminum lemans alloy wheels

REQUIRES: CA glue to attach tires

SPECS: Diameter: 2.0" (50.8mm)
Width: 1" (26.0mm)

hkopium
04-27-2005, 01:04 PM
And this:

HPI V-Groove Super Radial (2)

V-Groove radial tread in HPI's Standard Compound for Long Tire Life.
Fits any standard brand touring car rim (1.9"x1.00") from HPI,
Kyosho, Tamiya, and so on...

SPECS: Inner Diameter: 1.9" (48mm)
Outer Diameter: 2.6" (66mm)
Width: 1" (26mm)

hkopium
04-27-2005, 01:06 PM
And of course, this

Trinity 1/18 Wheel Adapter Itsy Bitsy Spyder RC18 (4)

FEATURES: Natural aluminum construction

INCLUDES: Four wheel adapters

REQUIRES: Installing on vehicle

SPECS: Thickness: 0.33" (8.5mm)
Diameter: 12mm Hex

COMMENTS: This adapts a pin drive to a hex drive

arch2b
04-27-2005, 02:06 PM
i look forward to pictures of all that installed ;) i'm more of a street machine driver over dirt hills myself as well

hkopium
04-27-2005, 03:01 PM
i look forward to pictures of all that installed ;) i'm more of a street machine driver over dirt hills myself as well

I hope the combination will fit together well.

I love dirt racing, but H8 (so as all mini truck or buggy) doesn't seem to design for that purpose. No dust cover or any protection... I really think they should design something really for rough racing. I cover case for all the electronics at least.

Crunch
04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
Those look awsome hkopium!! Really looking forward in seeing the end results.

:p

tornacl90rx7
04-28-2005, 01:34 AM
The problem with those is that you wont have hardle any thread left to bolt them on and they will rub on the kunckes and A arms ....

Country Alloy Works
04-28-2005, 03:10 AM
Ben there done that, and on to longer stainless axles for you guys. I would like to see them in the shop for you guys to buy. CAW.

BitHed
04-28-2005, 04:17 AM
...you gotta love the REALLY big packaging for the really SMALL item...TAMIYA does that too...

...YES CAW is addressing the 'you-run-out-of-axle' issue...All will be sorted ;)

WhoMe
04-28-2005, 07:15 AM
The problem with those is that you wont have hardle any thread left to bolt them on and they will rub on the kunckes and A arms ....
Very few threads..but they dont bind.

hkopium
04-28-2005, 02:12 PM
...you gotta love the REALLY big packaging for the really SMALL item...TAMIYA does that too...

...YES CAW is addressing the 'you-run-out-of-axle' issue...All will be sorted ;)

Great. But in fact, I probably use those Alloy wheels for display only. Don't want to scratch them. Will buy another set of Tamiya plastic wheels (hopefully good looking ones) for crazy running. :D

tornacl90rx7
04-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Frank ... I got dibs on the first set .. THe H8 is on the gimp ...again :(

mOOsE
04-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Yea the shorty axles kinda suck. Sanded the back of the trinity adapters to give more thread but a nice bolt on aplication would be sweet.