PDA

View Full Version : RURC (aRe yoU RC?)

RURC
03-15-2005, 04:17 AM
Basically a nut with a loose wrench. Don't know where I came from but now I am here. Loosing it with all the other fruit loops. I decided to hold back and just try to act normal. What do you think? Is it working?

Slightly about me. I enjoy long walks on the beach No wait wrong questioner. Ill start over......
Been doing this for just over 25 years. Yes I know that makes me a old fart. Tuff you will have to get used to it. I really hate the influx of RTR's. If you cant build it you cant fix it. I have a 5 year old son. Way too smart to be mine but my wife assures me that he is. i spent almost 20 years building the real things for most of the large European race organizations. most of that time was with the mototsports division of Porsche. Most of the remander was spent being a hired gun for various F1 teams. I follow and travel the F1 circuit still and love it. Right now my brother and I have a specialized aerospace design and engineering firm. You want it we make it reality for half a million. I always speak my mind, even when wrong. An I wont let a open door go by with out razzing someone. That about dose it. Stay tuned to this station for further updates..........

BitHed
03-15-2005, 04:26 AM
...RURC welcome :) So you can make ANYTHING for half a million? I had this really good idea for a 1:16 buggy based on its bigger 1:8 version...You reckon something like THAT would sell?

RURC
03-15-2005, 04:32 AM
Lets see. I should have a working model by the first of April for you.

halfEIGHT
03-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Welcome RURC - would love to hear more about your F1 days, what teams did you work for? I'm a big McLaren fan but starting to lean towards Red Bull Racing now that DC's moved over there...

BitHed
03-15-2005, 03:19 PM
...RURC was the first person i ever emailed while they were FLYING...Somwhere above the Pacific RURC replied to my mail...Does that mean I am in the 'Mail High Club'? :rolleyes:

RURC
03-16-2005, 04:07 AM
halfEIGHT

I never worked for MCL wile in F1. However now in the business my brother and I have we do several things for them and I still manage to do work for most of the other teams. That being said I cannot elaborate due to non disclosure agreements. But I can tell you that when I worked in F1 my speciality was breaks and fluid dynamics. Not aero dynamics, fluid. Fluid reactivity to all outside forces. Lateral, static, dynamic, collective, colluninatative, ETC ETC ETC. Gotta know what its gonna do before it dose it. That is product predictability.

Ask and I will do my best to answer any ? you may have.

Bit

Watch the mile high thing. Just because I had you at 20,000 feet dosent mean I want the world to know. If I remember I was comming to Malyasia. I love the Petronis Towers. Damn tall buildings. I really dont like walking across the sky walk. I still need your address so I can send you the stuff I got in Austraula for you.

halfEIGHT
03-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Cool - got any cool mementos or anything you can show us from those days? Who did you get to meet etc.?

RURC
03-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Mostly team apperal. When you are working in that type of environment you dont do much else. I have met everyone had bkfast lunch and dinner with everyone. To me all the famous people are just the guys at work. But, Corean Schumacher is the one responsoable for me meeting my wife. The pressure is too high for anything else. But I will dig some stuff that might be neat and post them.

halfEIGHT
03-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Cool! :cool:

mini-z racing
03-17-2005, 02:27 AM
I like the name

RURC
03-17-2005, 04:02 AM
I like the name

Thanx. One night it just came to me. I'm kind of spooky like that. Just ask BitHed

BitHed
03-17-2005, 04:28 AM
...Its true...he IS spooky...im sitting at my pc, minding my own business, and he creeps up on me from different countries around the world...But its all good...I have learnt from RURC already...Im glad he is on my side...and his avatar has made my eyes go funny on more than one occasion...

TNB
03-18-2005, 06:01 PM
Right now my brother and I have a specialized aerospace design and engineering firm. You want it we make it reality for half a million.
One of the locals has "a 56-employee R&D facility, Bigelow Aerospace" helping construct his space hotel.

"Still, when it comes to grand ambition, the impresarios of the Strip are mere pikers next to Budget Suites owner Robert Bigelow. For his next hotel enterprise, Bigelow is looking beyond the bright lights of Las Vegas—beyond Earth’s atmosphere, in fact. He is actively engaged in an effort to build the planet’s first orbiting space hotel. Bargain-basement room rate: $1 million a night."

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/aviation/article/0,20967,1027551,00.html

RURC
03-19-2005, 02:59 AM
One of the locals has "a 56-employee R&D facility, Bigelow Aerospace" helping construct his space hotel.

"Still, when it comes to grand ambition, the impresarios of the Strip are mere pikers next to Budget Suites owner Robert Bigelow. For his next hotel enterprise, Bigelow is looking beyond the bright lights of Las Vegas—beyond Earth’s atmosphere, in fact. He is actively engaged in an effort to build the planet’s first orbiting space hotel. Bargain-basement room rate: $1 million a night."

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/aviation/article/0,20967,1027551,00.html

That guy needs to contact my friends at Scaled Composits. They can even get it up there for him. My bro and I were just out there for the launch of Airship 1. Burt is a pr... jerk but he is gooooood.

TNB
03-19-2005, 03:53 AM
From the same article I linked earlier.

"Bigelow is betting $500 million of his personal fortune that he can make it come true. He has hired veteran space-travel engineers to perfect the technology, he has produced nearly launch-ready hardware for testing, and he’s floating a $50-million prize to entice other companies to create a safe, reliable orbital space vehicle to transport guests to the front door—or rather, the airlock."

RURC
03-19-2005, 05:15 AM
Scaled just claimed the 10 million doller prize for the first and second flight into space. They have the reuseable craft. Noe they are building a much larger version to take 8 people at once up. It is going to be wild to see where this goes.

ruf4play
03-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Burt is a pr... jerk but he is gooooood.The good ones usually are... :D That's how I fake it!

I've always admired Rutan's designs. Always wanted an EZ of some sort. Just to pretend like I'm a jetsetter but not really.

RURC
03-24-2005, 03:53 AM
That's how I fake it!

Are you teasing me about my wife????????? :D :confused: :eek: :D

ruf4play
03-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Are you teasing me about my wife????????? :DOf course not! I've never noticed her faking it... :D

RURC
03-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Of course not! I've never noticed her faking it... :D

OUCH :eek:

ruf4play
03-24-2005, 03:16 PM
You set'em up, I'll knock'em down! hehehe! Just kidding of course! :D

RURC
03-26-2005, 12:50 AM
You set'em up, I'll knock'em down! hehehe! Just kidding of course! :D

I was wondering. She hasen't been telling me that I had the smallest ...... she has ever seen lately.

WHHHHOOOOOOOO That one is out of the park people. You dont take a hit like that and get back up fast. Granted it was a low blow, for both of us. But a little self deprevating never hurt someone. :D

ruf4play
03-29-2005, 03:40 AM
Hahahaha! Yah, I'm gonna get up a little slow from that one. Trying to think of something with relatives, pets maybe? I'm stumped. :D

RURC
04-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Come up with anything yet ruf4play?