PDA

View Full Version : Mini Inferno 09 Worldwide Release November 1st, 2006

halfEIGHT
10-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Pre-Order now - they'll ship on 11/1, the instant they are released! :)

http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=252&sort=price&sort_direction=1

acsubie
11-01-2006, 04:53 PM
got mine!!..actually won it in a raffle 4 days back....i've owned a few micro nitros and this one is def the one to get!

BitHed
11-02-2006, 01:28 AM
...Who else is getting one from here? We ARE the source! :cool:

erik_dedobbeleer
11-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Hi guys,
let me know when I can get the spare parts please.
I'm especially interested in getting one of those new diffs...
erik

bcuzau
11-13-2006, 01:06 AM
I haven't been on this forum in awhile. having too much fun with my Hyper7. So they are avail now?..

kreidel
11-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Anyone have any of these yet? I was wondering how they performed?

MGTfix
11-14-2006, 05:43 AM
I have had one since the 1st and they are awesome, makes me wish I didn't blow all that money on 3 of the electric versions.

The longer chassis, better handling, the horsepower on demand, and being able to run tank after tank without having to stop and let the motor cool down is a big plus in my book.

kreidel
11-14-2006, 11:49 AM
How is the acceleration on it?

BitHed
11-14-2006, 10:43 PM
...basically the international opinion on these is that they ROCK!! Basically they cover and fix all the weak points of the EP version and like MGT says; they just keep going and going...They ARE in the shop here if you are interested and very soon we will be adding the right sections in the forum so the 09 users have their own table to talk around :cool:

t9dragon
11-15-2006, 04:49 PM
What fuel have you used to break-in the 09?

MGTfix
11-16-2006, 11:21 PM
I used O'donnell 30% for break-in and have used somewhere around 3/4 of a gallon so far.

Migs
11-16-2006, 11:31 PM
I used O'donnell 30% for break-in and have used somewhere around 3/4 of a gallon so far.

I was thinking about getting the MI 09 and I've been debating if I do get one whether to use 20% or 30% for break-in and normal use afterwards. I'll more than like use O'donnell or Werks fuel.

MGT... you mentioned in a previous reply in this thread you wished you hadn't blown so much money on your 3 electric versions. Are you really that much happier with the nitro version....? Were any of your electric MI's brushless and lipo....?

I just recently got into these electric 16th and 18th scale r/c's this past summer. Prior to that I've always been pretty much a nitro r/c'er.

The only thing that's really keeping me from getting one is that Jammin is coming out with a smaller version of their CRT truggy... CRT .5 . I may just have to get both.

Ronny
11-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Hi guys :)

Long time.. As soon as I can get hold of a 09 to a decent price, I'll hook you guys up with loads of info. As some of you might know,nitro is my game, so I'll be a lot more interestet in this baby then I ever was in my electric H8, hence - much more dialed then I bodered to be with my H8.

I have saved a bunch of NEW H8 3Racing parts awaiting for THIS accation - the release of the 09, so I can REALLY tweak it to perfection with some brilliant, well tried-out parts that most of you H8 owners already have :p

Bitty; have I told you that you ROCK :D You know why :D

So if anyone can hook me up with a cheep 09, let me know - and I'll post my experiance with it, and hook you all up with a decent setup & tips/tricks asap.

Ronny

Migs
11-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Read this on another site:

I just picked up a new 09 this week and it's AWESOME. I just pulled it out of the box, charged the reciever battery pack and fired it up. The starter box is already set-up so I just put the car on it, attached my own glow igniter (the included one that takes two batteries is OK but not as good as a rechargeable one) and it fired up in about two seconds. I didn't have to touch the needles and it was running strong after warming up for a minute. It's extremely fast and holds up very well so far. I've crashed it hard many times and it's all still in one piece, but I have a lot more bashing to do. So far it's definitely worth it.

I hope to have mine this coming week...!!! :D

az_kanai
11-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Just got mine today.......... really fun....I run A Kyosho STR and 777 wc....From my point of view the diffs need to be shimmed but I have no shims that size, also take the diff grease out and put diff oil in.. what weights I don't now., and the steering is tight...probably needs bearings...If anyone has experimented with silicone oil in diffs and knows where to get shims for the diff please let me know.

But out of the box this car is FUN....To make a serious racer it will need some work.

My 2 cents.

t9dragon
11-18-2006, 11:50 PM
WOW, Is all i can say about the 09. Strong running motor. The inside of the carb is a little ruff. I'm thinking about doing the truggy conversion to it. The motor starts right up, using the starter box.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC00068.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC00068.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC00063.jpg

Migs
11-19-2006, 01:08 AM
This is for the guys who already have their 09's.....

Are the suspension parts all pretty much the same as the electric version...? I'm guessing that most of the hop-ups for the electric MI will work on the 09 as well.

I should have mine sometime this coming week. Considering turning it into a truggy also, not sure yet.

I'm wondering what the specs are on the servos on the 09 as far as speed and torque....?

t9dragon
11-19-2006, 02:58 AM
This is for the guys who already have their 09's.....

Are the suspension parts all pretty much the same as the electric version...? I'm guessing that most of the hop-ups for the electric MI will work on the 09 as well.

Yes, the aftermarket suspension parts for the e-inferno will work on the 09. :D

Migs
11-19-2006, 03:55 AM
Yes, the aftermarket suspension parts for the e-inferno will work on the 09. :D

Thanks t9dragon.... az_kanai mentioned the steering was tight and possibly needed bearings. Is the 09 steering rack the same as the e-inferno as well....?

Sorry for all the questions... there isn't an online manual or exploded view posted for the 09 on the Kyosho site yet to compare all the parts....

:( :( :(

t9dragon
11-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Hey Migs,

Do you have instant messenger? AIM or Yahoo

Yahoo screen name is nindragon002

AIM screen name is t9dragon2006

az_kanai
11-21-2006, 02:17 AM
I never had the electric version....but i am sure the steering is the same.
THIS CAR IS FUN....been playing with it on our full size track and did the 20 foot double....popped the ball cups numerous times trying.

Ronny
11-25-2006, 01:22 AM
...Who else is getting one from here? We ARE the source! :cool:

Hey Bitty boob :) I got one now, ordered it yesterday and will arrive in 4-5 days :D I have plans to test it out of the box first, then do some fiddeling to see what can be achived :p

I have a line-up of new 3Racing parts ready, and a Futaba 9650, micro-Spectrum receiver and what not.. And HUGE interest of making it go as well as possible. Need to speak with you about Boca-bearings, as I think that it would be a sweet addition to the rig!

BiGRoB21
11-25-2006, 11:06 PM
i plan on getting one after i get this speeding ticket paid off and all my xmass gifts purchased.

Ronny
11-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Hey man :)

Migs
11-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Mine should've been here already. Not too happy since I was hoping to mess around with it this weekend. It better show up on Monday...!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

BiGRoB21
11-26-2006, 02:32 AM
ronny- hey, let me know what you think of yours when you get it.

migs- did you take into consideration the holiday?

Migs
11-26-2006, 03:09 AM
migs- did you take into consideration the holiday?

Well.. here's the situation... I bought it last week from an Ebay seller with excellent feedback. I couldn't tell you exactly what the feedback number is off the top of my head but it was in the hundreds. I got it for $369 with free shipping. I emailed the seller the Friday before last to see when he'd be able to ship it out to me and what method of shipping he would be using. I got an email reply back from him the next day telling me he would be shipping it out this past Monday via USPS Priority Mail. He's in Texas, I'm in California. If he did in fact ship it out on Monday, I should've gotten it by now, even with the holiday. Now I know Priority Mail isn't guaranteed 2-3 days so I'm really hoping it shows up on Monday. I was just really hoping I'd have it yesterday (Friday) to play around with it over the weekend. I guess good things come to those who wait huh...??? Or maybe I'm on Santas naughty list.

:(

BiGRoB21
11-26-2006, 03:14 PM
im shure it will show on monday. everyone is shipping xmass stuf right now and that normally adds a day or 2 to shipping times.

Migs
11-26-2006, 03:20 PM
im shure it will show on monday. everyone is shipping xmass stuf right now and that normally adds a day or 2 to shipping times.

Ya... I'm hoping it's just a delay in shipping and that it's not lost :( .

I'll take pics of everything when I get it. :)

BiGRoB21
11-26-2006, 03:55 PM
cool, im ready to see a good review of this car! im going to get one and convert it to a st.

Migs
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
cool, im ready to see a good review of this car! im going to get one and convert it to a st.

I'm considering doing an ST conversion on my 09 as well but I'm not sure yet. I'm sure it'll probably be more fun as an ST though. Since I just converted my electric MI buggy to an ST, I'm still debating about converting the 09.

BiGRoB21
11-26-2006, 04:24 PM
arround how much did it cost you for the mist conversion?

Migs
11-26-2006, 04:38 PM
arround how much did it cost you for the mist conversion?

To be honest, I don't really know... I had been aquiring parts since late summer cause I really wasn't sure what I was going to do. I hadn't really planned on doing a converion, I was actually going to build an ST from scratch and keep my MI buggy "as is". Then I bought the KM-RC chassis and decided then that I would just go ahead and do the conversion. If I remember correctly, the only parts really needed to do the conversion are cvd's (or dogbones), shock towers, body mounts, body, wheels/tires. Just depends on whether you buy stock Kyosho parts or hop-up parts like 3Racing, MIP, Atomic, etc... Of course the ST diffs would be another needed part for an electric ST conversion, but not needed with the 09 ST conversion since it already has metal gear diffs.

Also.... since the 09 chassis is a little longer than the MI electric, the lower part of the stock Kyosho ST body may not fit properly. Other truck bodies may need to be used if the conversion is done. I'll know more, hopefully by tomorrow. I'll post my findings....

BiGRoB21
11-26-2006, 05:02 PM
well the body will fit, i saw the conversion in the new xtreme rc mag. that i picked up last night. i will definatley be doing this conversion once i get my 09

Migs
11-26-2006, 05:23 PM
well the body will fit, i saw the conversion in the new xtreme rc mag. that i picked up last night. i will definatley be doing this conversion once i get my 09

That's good news about the body.... one less thing I have to worry about if I do the conversion. I'll have to pick up that issue of Xtreme RC. Thanks for the info...!!!

BiGRoB21
11-26-2006, 08:01 PM
no problem man

BiGRoB21
11-26-2006, 09:22 PM
migs it was accually the new issue of rccar action sorry about that. but gettin 3 new mags. at one time is hard to keep track of whats in each one lol.

Migs
11-26-2006, 09:31 PM
migs it was accually the new issue of rccar action sorry about that. but gettin 3 new mags. at one time is hard to keep track of whats in each one lol.

Thanks BigRob... I'm gonna look for it tomorrow...!!!

46u
11-29-2006, 06:09 AM
What’s the best price people have found on the 09? The best I can find so far is around $365 US. Any one know of a better price on it?

t9dragon
11-29-2006, 06:22 AM
That is the cheapest I've seen one. I paid $399.99 for mine but I bought it at a LHS.

BiGRoB21
11-29-2006, 04:31 PM
i have herd ultimate hobbies has them for 350 with free shipping if you call to order one.

46u
11-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks I looked on their web site but could not even find the Kyosho 09 even doing a search. Maybe they just do not have them on their site yet.

Doe the 09 come with the sorry plastic knuckles or are the alloy?

Migs
11-29-2006, 09:47 PM
I finally got my 09 yesterday. They screwed up on my shipping and sent it UPS Ground instead of USPS Priority. I just about crapped in my pants when I saw the UPS guy walking up my driveway and it wasn't double-boxed. I immediately emailed the Ebay seller and expressed my discontent as to why he didn't box a $400 item. I got an email back this morning from him completely apologizing. Apparently he had gone out of town for the holiday and left specific instructions for his shipping dept. Guess there was some sort of communication breakdown. He sent me a $25 Paypal payment as a goodwill token of apology. Not bad at all considering I paid $369.99 for it with free shipping. In the end it only cost me $344.99...!!! Not a bad deal at all.

I won't get a chance to run it til this coming weekend....

46u
11-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Question I have the half eight with an 8 cell pack and a X speed motor is the 09 faster then my half eight.

t9dragon
12-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Question I have the half eight with an 8 cell pack and a X speed motor is the 09 faster then my half eight.

IMO, I think the 09 is faster then a stock inferno. But it is pretty close when you add a brushless setup to it with a lipo battery.

t9dragon
12-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks I looked on their web site but could not even find the Kyosho 09 even doing a search. Maybe they just do not have them on their site yet.

Doe the 09 come with the sorry plastic knuckles or are the alloy?

The 09 comes with the plastic knuckles but they are alot beefier then the ones on the e-inferno

Migs
12-03-2006, 09:15 PM
IMO, I think the 09 is faster then a stock inferno. But it is pretty close when you add a brushless setup to it with a lipo battery.

Although I never ran my original Mini Inferno stock, I know it's slow...

I ran a couple more tanks through my MI 09 today, started to lean it out just a little bit. I've always been a nitro r/c kinda guy... something about the sound of the motor/pipe, the nitro smell, etc... It's really fun...!!! Whether it's more fun than my MIST... hard to say... they're just different. But there's no way the 09 is faster than my MIST. Even if I leaned it out to a safe running temp, it's not gonna be faster. Take into consideration though that I'm running a Wraith 7K, Quark 33A esc, and a 11.1V lipo.

On another note... I uploaded some pics of my 09 to my gallery and some other stuff as well....

BiGRoB21
12-03-2006, 10:59 PM
not too many things are as fast as a 11.1/ wrath powered mini inferno lol

Migs
12-04-2006, 01:43 AM
not too many things are as fast as a 11.1/ wrath powered mini inferno lol

I agree... I wasn't trying to give the impression that I'm dissappointed with the 09 at all. Quite the contrary. I think it's an awesome little nitro buggy that's very well built. Kyosho did their homework on this thing and fixed the few things that were wrong with the first electric version.... sloppy steering, diffs, etc...

I'd highly recommend this to anyone that is considering buying one. It's a little on the pricey side but considering it's pretty much RTR including a well built starter box, you can't go wrong.

I hope the optional 2-speed tranny comes out soon. It's going to take this little buggy to a whole new level of FUN...!!! Not to mention I think it'll open up the top end on this thing and probably get it pretty darn close to brushless / lipo speeds.

BiGRoB21
12-04-2006, 11:43 PM
my mini inferno is out of commission right now. the ball diff gear went out the other day.

Ronny
12-05-2006, 03:41 AM
Ok, here's my verdict of the 09!

OH MY GOD! If anyone think retail-price of 399.99 is expensive for this package, shame on you! This is without doubt THE BEST BUY you can do. I have had mine for a good week now, and ALL the problems you had with the electric one is GONE!

This car has new steering, ALL metal gear drive-train (NO wear at all after 20 tanks), metal-outdrives, Hitec 81MG servoes, small VERY good battery-pack, very good shocks (just fill thicker oil), SUPERB tank with no leaking, VERY powerful engine with perfect gearing, 1 screw-adjustment carburator with PERFECT non-adjustable low-speed tuning/adjustment, making ANYONE getting it perfectly tuned, even die-hard electro-fans. 6-7 minutes on a tank.
NO breakage, wear or loose parts/screws yet! This car is FANTASTIC right out of the box, no bull! Now,..... I have modded it, hehe. I'll do testing the next few days! All parts used except for the shocks (Sato), options are strikly 3Racing parts,.. in my opinion, THE best, neck to neck with original K-parts.

When I have tested it with all the new mods, I'll do a list of what fit & not, and what I have put on. I can weat your appetite with telling you that it now uses Spectrum's TINY receiver & Futaba 9650 Digital servo. Unfortunatly I dont have certain original parts I'd like to test - like the Racing tuned pipe, new flywheel & bell, and of course the very cool new Blue cooling head. Oh yeah, I also look forward to get hold of the extra brake-kit. I imagen a center-diff is around the corner,. THAT my friends, would Kick Butt in performance I promise you..

Ok, later

Ronny
12-06-2006, 03:26 AM
MI 09 test, Part 2.

Ok, here's my second opinion about the 09, put this time modded with my favorite option-parts, the well made, affordable 3 Racing parts.

I do however want to stress again that the 09 is AWESOME out of the box, but a racer will ALWAYS wanna get that little extra, being it durability - weight, speed, whatever - we like to MODD, and by god, I did

I forgot to weigh the car out of the box, but it's supposed to be 950 grams!
It now weighs 1008, so 58.gram added including ALL options mentioned here.

ELECTRONICS:

1.Std K-servo (Hitec 81MG) for throttle/braking duty
2.Futaba 9650 Digital servo
3.Spectrum 3500 Micro receiver
4.Original 500 mah battery
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3RACING OPTIONS (TI = Titanum color)

MIF-008/WO - Front Graphite shock tower
MIF-030/TI - Aluminum steering blocks
MIF-023/TI - Aluminum King Pin
MIF-036/TI - Aluminum 20 Degree C-hubs
MIF-035/TI - Front Aluminum Upper suspension mount
MIF-025/TI - Front Aluminum Lower suspension holder
MIF-021/TI - Front swing shaft
MIF-010/TI - Wheel hub adaptors
MIF-018/TI - Rear Aluminum hub carriers
MIF-028/TI - Rear 3 degree suspension holder
MIF-009/WO - Rear Graphite shock tower
MIF-024/WO - Graphite King pin holder set
MIF-022/TI - Rear swing shaft
MIF-007 - Titanium Suspension shafts

I would however recommend to use the Aluminum F & R towers for most people, due to the well-known "Bashing-factor" many like to do, - so this goes for the Graphite King Pin holders too. Most will be better of using Alu.
in those stress-places!

Here's the nr's for the Alu towers. MIF-008/TI = Front & MIF/TI-009 = Rear
BOCA BEARINGS:

8 Yellow Ultra Sealed ceramic wheel-bearings. (These ROCK!)
KYOSHO OPTION:

F & R Anti-roll bars (A "must-have")
F & R RED shock springs ( A "must-have")
SATO OPTIONS:

Oil shocks (These ROCK)

Well, there you have it guys. I did a test on concret, and can confirm that modding DO give results! I need track time to see how much difference, but durability WILL be increased no matter how you turn it around.

Is all these options NEEDED, no, by far there not - but some I STRONGLY advise to use regardless upon how incredible good the car is out of the box!

These would be, Aluminum shock towers, RED K-springs & anti-roll bars, Aluminum rear hubs.

Performance on MY car, well - God Dam

46u
12-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Right now there are quite a few places that have the 09 for $356 plus shipping.

46u
12-09-2006, 07:06 AM
MI 09 test, Part 2.

Ok, here's my second opinion about the 09, put this time modded with my favorite option-parts, the well made, affordable 3 Racing parts.

I do however want to stress again that the 09 is AWESOME out of the box, but a racer will ALWAYS wanna get that little extra, being it durability - weight, speed, whatever - we like to MODD, and by god, I did

ELECTRONICS:

1.Std K-servo (Hitec 81MG) for throttle/braking duty
2.Futaba 9650 Digital servo
3.Spectrum 3500 Micro receiver
4.Original 500 mah battery
3RACING OPTIONS (TI = Titanum color)

MIF-008/WO - Front Graphite shock tower
MIF-030/TI - Aluminum steering blocks
MIF-023/TI - Aluminum King Pin
MIF-036/TI - Aluminum 20 Degree C-hubs
MIF-035/TI - Front Aluminum Upper suspension mount
MIF-025/TI - Front Aluminum Lower suspension holder
MIF-021/TI - Front swing shaft
MIF-010/TI - Wheel hub adaptors
MIF-018/TI - Rear Aluminum hub carriers
MIF-028/TI - Rear 3 degree suspension holder
MIF-009/WO - Rear Graphite shock tower
MIF-024/WO - Graphite King pin holder set
MIF-022/TI - Rear swing shaft
MIF-007 - Titanium Suspension shafts

I would however recommend to use the Aluminum F & R towers for most people, due to the well-known "Bashing-factor" many like to do, - so this goes for the Graphite King Pin holders too. Most will be better of using Alu.
in those stress-places!

Here's the nr's for the Alu towers. MIF-008/TI = Front & MIF/TI-009 = Rear
BOCA BEARINGS:

8 Yellow Ultra Sealed ceramic wheel-bearings. (These ROCK!)
KYOSHO OPTION:

F & R Anti-roll bars (A "must-have")
F & R RED shock springs ( A "must-have")
SATO OPTIONS:

Oil shocks (These ROCK)

Well, there you have it guys. I did a test on concret, and can confirm that modding DO give results! I need track time to see how much difference, but durability WILL be increased no matter how you turn it around.

Is all these options NEEDED, no, by far there not - but some I STRONGLY advise to use regardless upon how incredible good the car is out of the box!

These would be, Aluminum shock towers, RED K-springs & anti-roll bars, Aluminum rear hubs.

Performance on MY car, well - God Dam

With all the aluminum how much weight does it add?

Ronny
12-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey 46 :)

I actually tell that in the reveiw, but it was 58 grams to make a total of 1008.grams with all the mods ;)

t9dragon
12-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Here are some pics of my 09 converted to a truggy. And a list of parts that I used to do the conversion.

3racing Heavy Duty Rear Universals (Inferno ST)
3racing Heavy Duty Front Universals (Inferno ST)
3racing Titanium Turnbuckles (Inferno ST)
3racing Rear Suspension Holder (3 degrees)
3racing Front Upper Suspension Mount
3racing Front Suspension Holder
3racing Aluminum Thread Shocks
Kyosho Suspension Arm Set (Inferno ST)
Kyosho Mini Inferno ST wheels & tires

Before the conversion

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC00025.jpg

After the conversion

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC00424.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC00421.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/t9dragon/Mini%20Inferno%2009/DSC00427.jpg

kreidel
12-10-2006, 06:00 PM
How well do those shocks work? Do they leak much?

Does anyone have a problem with the middle shafts getting torn up?

46u
12-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Are the stock shocks on the 09 oil filed or like on the electric?

t9dragon
12-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Are the stock shocks on the 09 oil filed or like on the electric?

The stock shocks on the 09 are oil filled. I haven't had a problem with the 3racing shocks leaking. The reasons I changed to the 3racing shocks are they are thread so you don't have to use the spacers and have the aluminum bodies.

46u
12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
I have the 3 Racing shocks on my half eight and never had a problem with them leaking but when I get the 09 I more then likely keep the stock shocks as I am a racer and like to keep my vehicles as light as possible.
Thanks