PDA

View Full Version : United RC ripped me off

rhinopole
10-21-2006, 01:56 PM
I ordered a battery throught United RC's web site on Oct. 10, and payed them right then through paypal. To date I have not received my battery. I have sent United RC two emails asking for the status of my order and they never responded. I called the number listed as their customer service contact on paypal and it has been disconected. I have now opened up a dispute with paypal and United RC still has not responded.

What's up with that? Has anybody else had this problem with them? Does anybody have an updated phone number for them?

bermbuster
10-21-2006, 02:55 PM
dude you have to chill......10 days your not ripped off. URC is a stand up company. The fact they did not reply means either they have computer issues or they might be away. By law they have 30 days to process your order. When I order electronically I always send a email before i send money to inquire about items being in stock etc....especially if i am in a rush for them.

rhinopole
10-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Computer problems for 10 days???? Their web site is up....Good customer service practices dictate that if you are going to be away for an extended period of time, you note it on your web site.

What law says you have 30 days from being payed to complete a transaction?

rgcwr
10-21-2006, 06:14 PM
United RC will not rip you off. They have one of the best records in the RC industry for fullfilling each and every order.

I would continue to try and touch base with with via email and telephone. When I was in the retail business I would but "nasty" customers to the bottom especially after only a few days.

I have ordered all my batteries from United RC and BPP and both companies have always had the best customer service.

There website might be up but they my run their store and email from a different server.

Hang in there they will not let you down and your products will get to you.

bermbuster
10-21-2006, 07:00 PM
What law says you have 30 days from being payed to complete a transaction?

The FTC (Federal Trade Commision) mandates fullfillment within 30 days......

H8er
10-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah, their email is definitely down. I sent them an email about 5 days ago and they haven't replied. Hang in there.

UNITED_RC
10-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Everyone......

This order has been shipped, and I am, personally sorry for the LONG delay. I have had some personal matters to deal with the last couple of weeks, and they do not, nor would be posted on the website. I thought we could work through them, unfortunately, we could not. We are getting caught up today with all outstanding orders.

Normally, when we are on a delay, we will post it on our home page.

Regarding emails: We have been recieving tons of spam emails lately, so our email is up, but when you recieve approx 200-300 emails a day, 80% which are spam, sometimes they get del. accidently. We are looking at creating a new account to be used for inquiries, and will not be posted to the public, but will be accessible when needed.

Again, sorry for the long delay

URC

pimpsmurf
10-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Ditto on URC. They are a great company able to do any custom pack you want. Everyone has personal issues to deal with, and it sucks when it affects your business. You think your pissed man? Think about if it was your business affected by personal issues you would probably not like to deal with to begin with.

Spam sucks. I KILL SPAMMERS for a living. With guns. I like it, and it's a good living.

-JNY

minijosh
10-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Did the batts ever show up?

UNITED_RC
10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
I am sure they have not arrived yet, but the USPS system has the order in thier hands.

They should be there tomorrow.

URC

BitHed
10-26-2006, 05:55 AM
...Well done URC...Fight the good fight :cool: We all have problems now and then...Me more than you though i bet :o

hrtln
10-27-2006, 06:02 PM
I ordered a Krystal motor form them last year, and it went T/U right off the bat. I guess they had a problem w/ the winds breaking in these motors. They said they would replace it. But after emailing back and forth several times, over 6 months, they said they were not here yet. So, I gave up. Oh well. I don believe they would rip you off, but my problem was never handled. Maybe they just forgot about me. :(