PDA

View Full Version : Complaint List

tunnelhead
04-26-2005, 01:56 AM
The local sales rep was looking for input on the Mini Inferno. What problems we were having and what we dont like. I would like to form a list and send it to him and then he will get it to the proper people at Koyosho. So here is our time to let Koyosho know what is wrong with the Mini Inferno and what they could improve. Some postive feedback would be great also. Thanks guys! Are there any ladies here?????

TNB
04-26-2005, 05:30 AM
Why doesn't he just read the forum? Of course, he may not care about reading about brushless motors and the typical RTR complaints by those wanting a "Pro" version out the door.

BitHed
04-26-2005, 07:08 AM
...its heavy, it gets hot, the screw under the front knuckle falls out, the plastic in the rims is brittle, the shock towers are WAY too bendy, the constricted 'cockpit' for the motor isnt sexy, i drive like crap, i cant eat cooked tomatoes and the slipper is a mess in stock form...i still love it though and wouldnt trade it for anything...What have i missed?

half8 abuser
04-26-2005, 07:55 AM
Just tell him that this thing is a peace of of $hit.

I am very disappointed in the RC. I mean come on what company doesn’t lube the diffs. As far as I care Koyosho can go fu* themselves.

...EDIT: Sorry abuser...just had to take that letter out...I understand your disappointment but do try and stay polite...Peace...BitHed...

WhoMe
04-26-2005, 03:14 PM
lol..Somone buy Abuser a plane ticket to Japan..no wait..your loaded...buy it yourself. Dont forget the explosives bro...The Kyosho corperation is in for it! lmao. Anyway...yeah the slipper needs some work; the diffs are notchy, and the front knuckles screw holes strip out too easy. That is all.

chrille
04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
I think that the screws in the front knuckle will be hold there if you buy the alu knuckles, and if the dosent, you can allways get some CA or something on them if you got the alu ones! :) Think im gonna nuy them, but still, mine screws are gone... and that sucks!!

half8 abuser
04-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Just tell him that this thing is a peace of of $hit.

I am very disappointed in the RC. I mean come on what company doesn’t lube the diffs. As far as I care Koyosho can go fu* themselves.

...EDIT: Sorry abuser...just had to take that letter out...I understand your disappointment but do try and stay polite...Peace...BitHed...

Sorry I was drunk at the time.

WhoMe
04-26-2005, 07:23 PM
I think that the screws in the front knuckle will be hold there if you buy the alu knuckles, and if the dosent, you can allways get some CA or something on them if you got the alu ones! :) Think im gonna nuy them, but still, mine screws are gone... and that sucks!!

Aluminum knuckles is at the top of my list for that very reason.

mOOsE
04-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Wow, their wasn't this many complaints when the mini-t came out. I think the car is great but just needs some attention in certain areas. After all, we all bought the first round of these things.

BitHed
04-26-2005, 08:49 PM
...the last time i was drunk and online at the same time some guy got a helluva deal on a BIG load of BitChar-G's :) I think Arch has seen me DUI, Dealing Under the Influence, too :D

Hawk
04-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Screw is metal, alu knuckle is metal, use blue loctite, always. (and if you don't know, don't use loctite on plastic parts, screws nor knuckles. chemical reactions you don't want will happen)

I support two 1/8 MP777 SP1 buggies in local and soon statewide racing. All of the things you all have listed seem to me to be just standard stuff to change especially in a RTR. I didn't wait for the mini SP1 so I figure I will throw out most of the car and replace it with the real deal. On the MP777, the reason I have 2 cars is the parts replaced on a SP1 version car by third party manufacturers left me with almost an entire chassis. The rest is made up from the spares I keep to support the racing effort (you can't win if you don't finish, you don't finish if you can't fix it on the track). I also have a Mini-T. I have replaced over half of that. I won't go further because the half 8 is 4x4 buggy which is what I wanted in the first place.
My gripe is Kyosho's delay in the US getting things up and running, not just for the Mini, my SP1s need parts that aren't available too. I want the hard parts available through the pipeline, the alu knuckles, hard alu towers, chassis, ti dog bones and on and on. Yes, this costs more money than the $150 I paid for the RTR. It is good for a $150 rtr. Beyond that, it costs money to make it GREAT. What doesn't? If you can find it cheaper and better, then what are you doing here? It doesn't make sense to do otherwise.

Darryl

adrenalinrush123998
04-30-2005, 04:52 PM
i dont like that it didnt come with bearings.....
bearings coming with cars are becoming standard...i thionk kyosho should of picked up on that
(oh wel..i got one of thier bearings sets for 6 bux with mine anyways)

its too heavy.... its my heaviest rc, some parts on it are a little weak
and when you break stuff there is nowere to get a replacment (where in the hell am i going to get a rear shock tower? and a front one? in aluminium?)

oh and the servo takes almost a full second to turn the wheels all the way.....

overall i think its a GREAT rc and its my favorite (especially when i get the 6-cell, xspeed, 16T pinion and oil shox) but the car definately need some work, as do all other rc's

the good definately wayyy balance out the bads in the this car tho

janniz
05-03-2005, 11:46 PM
I don't like the front and rear diff. Why didn't they lube them? Center diff runs ok now, but front and rear dont't seem to mesh right. Tried to lube them but it did not help much. I still need some fix there...

Full set of bearing would have been nice - there allready are some, why didn't they put that 8 more in it?

Sliper and Servo-Saver haven't been set up right. I had to tighten both before I could run the car (I put a HS81 and 8 cells in it before I drove it for the first time - maybe the setup was allright with stock electronics and 6 cell)

Stock servo is horrible - too slow, too loud, not strong enough.

Stock motor get very hot at eight cells - the whole drivetrain needs to be running more smooth.

Oil-Dampers are a must. To me it seems as if Kyosho knows that everyone is going to buy them, so they did not include them... ;) On the other hand, the quality of the Kyosho oil dampers is very good. Worth the extra money.

I also like the tires - very good grip at almost every surface, wet or dry.
Overall "look and feel" of the whole thing is very good - thats what I like about Kyosho. Not cheap, but you get value for money.

I do own some other micro-offroaders but I like the half-eight best so far.
(I hope you can understand my english - sorry, I am from Germany)

rob veggi race head
05-09-2005, 10:55 AM
i got a mini inferno and the damn thing keeps having drive problems
i aint using no special cells or motor but my diffs have work and out drives work loose. roughly every half lap . GREAT!!!!!!

ive spoken to the shop and all they are willing to do is have me post it back to them at equal cost to replacent parts ( with no gtee it wont happen again)
so they can send it back to manufacturer. sounds like a ploy to dishearten me TBH. as the time it would take to do this is a long time.

the outdrives work loose alot also but in present condition it doesnt even do that all it does is make a griding noise on the spot.
to me this is why the slipper clutch is set up so toughly to tighten because your not meant too have it at a reasonable setting for a good off start. ( say, equal to other other 1.18 cars) as the slipper clutch stop the heavy loads over the outputs to main drive (wheels) as the gears are sort plastic and the car is very heavy for the size of it. Basically the gears cant handle the weight of the car so the material used to make the gears is cheap and low cost.

now if id have used a speedy motor or a brushless id understand slightly why this happenned to me or even why i got fobbed off at shop (shop being guided under manufacterers discression) but this has not and i am not happy about it , surely the manufacterer can see that expecting a car to be sent back to manufacturer to be checked is timewaisting and unresourceful.

I own 4 1.18 cars 2x RC18T, mini venom and a half 8* guess which 1 i wont bother with in future.
oh yeah having mid diff might be good with 1.8 scale buggy as the ground clearance is much better, but with the mini only having slight clearance all the mid diff does is help it get pinned on stones and such.
If they get it right and in time i maybe happy as larry with it as it is very easly to drive.
by getting it right i mean bring out drive upgrades (Hop ups)
solid not flexable out drives, tougher gears , ball diffs, improve slipper clutch and a conversion kit for removing mid diff.also a lighweight hop up pack. :)
maybe they should have gone with the belt drive in this 1.
i know its a scale down of the very good inferno 1.8.
but a scale down bulldozer just wouldnt break a house would it .

Hawk
05-09-2005, 03:41 PM
A scaled down house, maybe. ;)