PDA

View Full Version : So... Mamba 25A ESC... is it good for the KMI?

H8er
10-20-2006, 04:18 PM
I mean, I know that no one ever puts a Mamba in a H8, but that's a given. But how about the ESC? I know that people go with the Quark usually, cause of cogging with the Mamba, but can it be fixed? I have heard a few people talk of ridding the Mamba of cogging with a little programming. Is that true? I want to know the whole truth! Thanks a lot!

wartown
10-21-2006, 01:01 PM
The mamba can be used with success. You are right though. The cogging will cause a problem unless it is addressed. If you can adjust the cogging out it can run fine. I have ran the 6800 and won or finished in the top three many times. It always falls back on the diffs. If your diffs do not hold up it does not matter what motor you use. Most of the time people upgrade their motor the next thing that goes are their diffs. make sure the diffs are ready to handle whatever motor you choose. The AON is still the most popular but the mamba can used.

MrUnlimited
10-21-2006, 01:08 PM
The mamba esc is a great esc for it. I have used it before I bought a proogrammeble 30A esc. The mamba can be setup through the free software of CC. You only have to buy the PHX-link to connect the esc to your computer. I am switching in my 1/10 Yokomo SD LCG soon to brushless and my choice will be again Mamba. My other mamba will be put back in my XRay M18 with 8000KV motor. Before I had PHX-link I had also minor cogging but with the link you can upgrade the esc software as well.

H8er
10-21-2006, 05:30 PM
OK, great. I'm sure I'll be using the Wraith. But are the settings specially designed for the Mamba motor? Or will it automatically interface with other motors?

pimpsmurf
10-23-2006, 08:40 PM
I have a Quark 33a procar ESC sitting around waisting space ATM. Havn't had the time to run through the H8 diffs again (note: don't leave out an o-ring.)

The mamba is a neet ESC. If you could get it for 1/2 the price of the quark it would be a clear winner. If you have no drag, with an Aon/11v setup, you shouldn't have much cogging except at the very lowest speeds. How often do you go 1mph on purpose? :D

I also used it with a Hyperion 6k short can and a 2 cell. It was a very great setup also.

People who have a quark, swear by it. I'll bet I will too once I can get it installed.

-JNY