PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please

Inferno.CA
10-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I want to build up a racer with this H8 and I am thinking the Brushless is the way to go. I need suggestions on what works best. Chances are it will be used on a 1/10th scale track so speed would be needed.
I just need suggestions for Motor ESC combos, any other ideas like drivetrain upgrades are helpfull as well. Kinda thinking a good ball diff set up to handle the power.

H8er
10-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Quark 33A and Wraith. Both found in a package for ~$134 at b-p-p.com.

Q8y_drifter
10-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Quark 33A ESC
Wraith 7K motor
Xtreme CF chassis (with motor flip mod) + top brace
2-3s LiPo
HS85 servo
MIP F/C/R diffs OR Atomic Type II F/C/R Diffs
MIP CVDs
and everything else like alum. shock towers, steering knuckles, bearings, etc.

BitHed
10-20-2006, 07:17 AM
...my ST :D

...its for sale...AON 4900 and Mamba 25 ESC...Amongst other things...

H8er
10-20-2006, 04:16 PM
"...my ST

...its for sale...AON 4900 and Mamba 25 ESC...Amongst other things..."

I'd say that that is a very safe bet. If you have the $$$, go for it, I'm sure Bit has a really well built racer.

garrettsdad
10-20-2006, 10:08 PM
it takes alot of money to make a H8/ST race ready.... everything is plastic and will not be able to handle the power of any brushless set-up. I probably have another $300 into my MIST, luckily i won the truck.... It is almost race ready now

BitHed
10-21-2006, 01:41 AM
...yup...takes a while to get ANY car to how you like it...its taken LOTS of time and money to get it JUST how i like it...So now its time to pass it on :D

EDIT: I am at the Hobby Show for work on Sunday but I will do my best to list all the stuff i have for sale some time next week...Peace...

jaejw1
11-02-2006, 12:28 AM
i would like to add my tib-bits,,

as a vendetta owner who races on a 10th scale track along side 10th scale truck, i have to say the wraith has been very good to me.. but it gets really hot. dont ask how hot cause i dont know, but it is up there.. i have to gear it at 13/49 for racing and about 12/49 (the highest fial drive for this vehicle) for practice..

i have recently put in a golden horizon 4700 and geared it at 19/45 and this thing flies. and it doesnt get nearly as hot as the wraith does.. i have yet to see its performance on the track but doing speed run and braking hard and jumping curbs, i had no problem with heat.. all wires were warm,, the mamba esc was warm and the motor was hot,, but not too hot.. and if my thoughts are correct, once i do it in dirt (track) i wil know for sure if this is the motor for me.. since i need something that will hang with or beat intermediate stock trucks (something my wraith was able to do)