PDA

View Full Version : MIST diffs..need some help!

Mini-ST_basher
10-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi guys!

As I was re-tightening my rear diff after putting some diff grease in it I realized the diff turns more or less freely weither you tighten it hard or not

Is this normal? :confused:

I dont want the diff to become unloose like it happened with the front one

BTW, this did no happen when I tightened my front diff.... :o

How does the diffs are supposed to feel???(without of diff fluid)
I'll be using a quark33/Wraith combo soon and I dont want to see my ST diffs melt!!!

Thanks for your help guys!!

Mini-ST_basher
10-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Hmm.....well,no answer :o

Perhaps my post was a little confusing..?

Basically I'd like to know how you guys are running your ST diffs,especially with a big brushless combo like mine (quark33/wraith7k)..?

I'm a little worried since I've read several times that people are stipping diff gears so I trying to get my STdrivetrain bullet proof as possible before I throw in my powerplant!! Also, I still dont have any spares.. :rolleyes:

At the moment my ST has: -3Racing BB center diff
-3Racing HD(steel) cvds front/rear
-Atoçmic center diff bulkhead (awsome part)
-3Racing Delrin slipper gears
-Atomic hard slipper spring
-Atomic alloy wheel axles
-Yeah Racing center alloy shafts

And as I said in my first post the 3Racing titanium outdrives but,too bad they suck so I've mounted them on the front diff only...

Sorry for the long post, hope this will help you to tell if I need anything else important to get the ST running OK with the Wraith7k!! :D

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!! (where Ilive you're my only help) so thx!!

bermbuster
10-11-2006, 07:00 PM
the st diff gears have 4 pinions vs the h8 (3). The ST gears are sealed allowing the use of diff grease. With the ST diffs and filling them with grease they will work well. If you are running a locked slipper you may have problems....think about what happens...you jump the truck the drivetrain becomes unloaded you land if under power the driveshafts are spinning and the wheels momentarily stall due to friction...this is when things that were designed to slip start wearing.....no slip you strip....