PDA

View Full Version : knuckles?

garrettsdad
10-01-2006, 12:20 PM
i see some people are putting bearings in the knuckles? And what is better keeping the original or going to aluminum parts, and what brand? thanks for any info........Chris

ChrisOFNA
10-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Alot of people use the 3Racing knuckles, partly because the stock ones strip out easily (its on my list right now). I've never heard of anyone putting bearings in the knuckles, but alot of people go with the 3Racing steering because it has bearings in it, thats maybe what your thinking about.

H8er
10-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I use and love the 3Racing knuckles in conjunction with Atomic kingpins/screws, they work like a charm. I highly recommend this combo.

garrettsdad
10-02-2006, 01:57 AM
I use and love the 3Racing knuckles in conjunction with Atomic kingpins/screws, they work like a charm. I highly recommend this combo.
That combo is what i was kinda leaning towards....thanks

FHM101
10-02-2006, 07:09 AM

Ditto on the 3R/Atomic combo. Problem free for me since I installed them.

As for bearings in the knuckles....the ST comes with them if that tells you anything about what you should do if you have a buggy. I ordered bearings the day I ordered my buggy. Here's an excellent place to get quality bearings for a buck each. I've been using bearings from Avid RC ( http://www.avidrc.com/) for a few years now in my nitro clutches and have a set of wheel bearings from them in my LSP and production MT, all with excellent results so I went to them for all my MI bearings as well, and so far so good. In addition to great value, they also offer outstanding service.

CrustyNoodle
10-12-2006, 12:12 PM
I run bearings in place of king pins.