PDA

View Full Version : Wheels and Tyres

hkopium
04-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Just wondering, can I install a Rally/Buggy 26mm tyres on a racing car 26mm wheels/rims?

Ninja
04-25-2005, 12:10 AM
yes you can, the only difference would be the offset of the wheel, which on a buggy, wouldnt be important either way

hkopium
04-25-2005, 12:44 AM
yes you can, the only difference would be the offset of the wheel, which on a buggy, wouldnt be important either way

(1) What is offset? I see this term many times before but never know what it is...

(2) Why is it not important on a Buggy?

Ninja
04-25-2005, 01:04 AM
the offset is how far off-center the wheel is, it doesnt matter on a buggy b/c it can run either buggy wheels (greater offset) or sedan wheels (lesser offset)

BitHed
04-25-2005, 01:13 AM
...offset can get a little confusing...look at the hub INSIDE the rim opium...if its pretty flat its probably a zero...if its sticking out then it will have some offset...MORE offset might make your connection slightly weaker just because the H8 has skinnier-than-1:10 axles (3mm as opposed to 4mm)

...and jus to back up NINJA yes you CAN fit ANY 26mm tires on a 26mm rim, just watch your tread, for example, aggressive off-road knobbies,doesnt make the ride height too high...

hkopium
04-25-2005, 01:41 AM
...offset can get a little confusing...look at the hub INSIDE the rim opium...if its pretty flat its probably a zero...if its sticking out then it will have some offset...MORE offset might make your connection slightly weaker just because the H8 has skinnier-than-1:10 axles (3mm as opposed to 4mm)

...and jus to back up NINJA yes you CAN fit ANY 26mm tires on a 26mm rim, just watch your tread, for example, aggressive off-road knobbies,doesnt make the ride height too high...

So zero offset is better than non-zero ones? Anyways, I see most RIMs are labelled zero offset. I will pay attention to this when buying RIMs. Thanks

I am gonna install some "rough surface" touring car tyres on the H8. Is that okay?

BitHed
04-25-2005, 04:08 AM
...offset isnt THAT important but it sometimes helps to know :D

...Yes 'rough surface' radials should be fine...HPI does some nice 'rally' treads with the tread INSET into the tire which is kind of cool...You might want to look at the compound too; M2 is a little bit softer and therfore has some more grip ;) Thats MORE factors you have to think about :D Fun isnt it LOL...

Crunch
04-25-2005, 04:36 AM
Hello hkopium!!

May I know what hex setup you are going to use with the new wheels?

Also, where do you run your car? I'm going to MMS tomorrow night, wanna join us?

Cheers~

hkopium
04-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Hello hkopium!!

May I know what hex setup you are going to use with the new wheels?

Also, where do you run your car? I'm going to MMS tomorrow night, wanna join us?

Cheers~

Hi! So glad to see another HK guy around. I mostly play in the playground near my home at night. I don’t go to MMS since I am afraid that my car will be crushed by other crazy players. :D

I still haven’t found a suitable Hex adapter for H8 wheels in Hong Kong. I checked a few places in KWS and no luck. I might order them and alloy wheels via internet.

Crunch
04-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Hey hkopium!

No worries, the folks at MMS are all very cool. I only started to go a few months back and have been enjoying it.

About the hex, if you're gonna order some, please let me know as I might want to order some too. On a side note, I just saw on another post in the motor forum from MonoTuning (He's in HK as well.) and wonder what hex setup he's using. Those foam tires look yummy..............

http://www.monotuning.com/member/19971/categories/DSC00092.JPG

I've been drooling on the H8 for a while and I think it's time to break out the plastic money...........hee hee hee....Mini-Inferno, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

BitHed
04-25-2005, 11:37 AM
...welcome to the team crunchie :D You will love it im sure ;)

Crunch
04-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey Bit., the pic is from MonoTuning's website. I hope to get my H8 within sometime next week if possible.

Been buying too many toys these days.............. :p

Ninja
04-25-2005, 10:59 PM
http://www.monotuning.com/member/19971/categories/DSC00092.JPG

look at this image closely, the 1:10 wheels arent even mounted to the car, they are simply placed on it for photos, there is no wheel nut, only the axel, and another thing, look at the oposite side of the car, it still has the stock K wheels and Pin tires ;)

WhoMe
04-25-2005, 11:07 PM
I posted a thread on this..Mine are mounted for real. http://www.halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207&page=1

Ninja
04-26-2005, 01:30 AM
yeah, i really like those tires you have on your H8 whome, they look like real rally car tires ;)

hkopium
04-26-2005, 03:38 AM
yeah, i really like those tires you have on your H8 whome, they look like real rally car tires ;)

I think those are HPI Perilli rally tyres. They are straight copy of real tyres and patented. On the tyre side, it even printed Perilli name on it?