PDA

View Full Version : how to create a track?

mac gregor
04-23-2005, 09:39 PM
hello from france
can you give some recommandations to create my own track (outdoor), especially for the dimensions.
thanks

TNB
04-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Just use as much space as you can or as much as you want to set aside. ;) ROAR also has its racing rules posted online and in them, they have rules for setting up tracks. You may want to review those and scale them down if you even want to scale the size down for the Kyosho Mini-Inferno.

http://www.roarracing.com

BitHed
04-25-2005, 01:17 AM
...mac read through ALL the posts in the track section and i am sure you can find some sexy bits and pieces that you can use ;) or you can just go and stay the weekend with halfeightabuser ;)

mac gregor
04-25-2005, 04:00 PM
what do you think ok a track of 2 meter wide and 50m long with a 15 meter "main straight line" (excuse me but i dont know the english word for "plus grand ligne droite") including 1 simple jump, 1 double and 1 "table".

lukeita
04-25-2005, 04:49 PM
If you have a draw about your future track post here... and you'll read our comments :)
I love to race (for offroad) into "variable" tracks... so you're idea seems to be good: a fast (the "straight line") part and a mixed one, with jumps, narrow turns...
bye

mac gregor
04-25-2005, 07:47 PM
http://perso.numericable.fr/~romejean/track1.jpg

BitHed
04-25-2005, 08:41 PM
...hey Mac thats really pretty cool...I think that track would be cool...nice diagram too..

mac gregor
04-25-2005, 09:19 PM
...hey Mac thats really pretty cool...I think that track would be cool...nice diagram too..

thanks bithed
i try to begin the track next week

lukeita
04-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Hello!
The layout is fine! If I can make a suggestion, I'd add a "gimcana" (two or more curves like "waves"), it's very fun to drive! For example after the bank corner before the long straight... something like right-left-right before opening the "gas"...
bye

BitHed
04-26-2005, 12:23 AM
...i really should work on a track locally..I am sure there is the support for some thing quick and informal...trouble with starting something like this in Japan in a public place as people move in and start to make rules and regulations...Japan is a red-tape utopia...

plain_simple
04-29-2005, 02:41 PM
LOL, poor BitHead.. he lives in a country where for something to be created regulation has to exist even before its build.. i know coz i already have been there.. its really crazy how much red tape they have!
Anyways and just for the recor the "gimcana" that lukeita is talking about is more known as "chicane".. gimcana is more latin then english ;) :D but surely would be cool to add one on that track :p

TNB
04-29-2005, 10:52 PM
...i really should work on a track locally..I am sure there is the support for some thing quick and informal...trouble with starting something like this in Japan in a public place as people move in and start to make rules and regulations...Japan is a red-tape utopia...
Just go hang out at Kyosho Japan and run on the RCP Track.

Oliv996
05-02-2005, 06:59 AM
thanks bithed
i try to begin the track next week

Hi Mac Gregor, I'm frenchman too !!!!! Where do you live ???

I've just started to prepare a location in my forest following my garden... I've cleaned about 18x12m and still don't know how to design the track :confused:

I would like to know how wide the track should be to run an H8 confortably ?

Thanks for your advises

Olivier

RRCRC
05-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Ok hope I can help.
When we race losi mini T's in the past the lane are 3 to 6 feet wide.
1/10 scale trucks 8 feet wide.
1/8 scale 10 feet wide.
We are going to build our track May 21 our on road lanes for 1/10 scale are going to be about 10 feet.
Our dirt track lanes are going to be about 8 feet we plan to race losi mini T ,1/18 scale 4wd electic and what ever the guys want to run.
On road track 120 feet by 60 feet.
Off road we are not sure what it will be when we are done? It may start out 100 feet by 60 feet more or less.
http://www.rrcrc.com/
Tom@rrcrc.com
Tom