PDA

View Full Version : MIST setup and some help thanks!

EndZz
09-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey guys I'm new here I'm trying to get into the electric racing and I want to start out with the MIST, I've been doing alot of reading but I don't know where I stand I'm still a noob, I am however good at 1/8th and 1/10th Nitro buggys and trucks. Let me know what you all think of my setup for the Inferno and if you recommend any other parts I will need so the car can hold up.

WRAITH 7K W/ Quark Pro-Car 33-Amp

HYPERION LITESTORM 1800mAh 2S 7.4V

KM Concepts Mini Inferno ST graphite conversion kit (I might go with this body but I may not still deciding)

So those are the major parts I want to replace but I'm not sure the rest of the car will hold up around the new motor e.g: front/rear diff. servos etc... ANY help is very much appreciated in pointing me in the right direction I really appreciate it. And are there any good site I can do some more readiung to find out how to mate motors to the right battery I'm confused about the whole mAh, volts, 2s-3s, and 2-7cell stuff. I've been having a hard time with that I'm all good with the nitro stuff I just want something more challenging and new now thanks guys!!!!!! :D

Takumi861
09-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi,
all i got to say is that the stock diffs have to go, you can melt the stock diff out using the stock motor. i suggest getting 3racing center, front & rear diffs. if u do decide to put a lithium battery in you MI, you'll have to do a 180 motor swap, the motor has to go on the same side as the servos leaving the other side empty so that you can put the battery pack. if you look at the pictures in the forums, you'll see how to set up your buggy.

EndZz
09-22-2006, 09:35 AM
What about these diff how do they compare. http://cgi.ebay.com/MIP-Mini-Inferno-ST-Front-or-Rear-Diff-Differential_W0QQitemZ170030893660QQihZ007QQcatego ryZ34063QQcmdZViewItem

Takumi861
09-23-2006, 08:44 PM
hmmm, by the look of that diff, i can't tell if there's anything made out of metal, i own the 3racing diffs and it's made of metal. only the main gear on the 3racing diffs is made of plastic, by the look from the picture, the MIP diff seems to be all plastic to me, i own MIP parts for my nitro cars and they hold good so maybe those diff might be good. i suggest u get the 3racing diffs. look around on this site, you should find someone who strips diffs alot, maybe they might be able to help you out better than me.

rgcwr
09-23-2006, 10:10 PM
The MIP diffs are metal (including the outdrives) with a plastic gear. BTW - Talked with MIP the other day and a all metal diff is in the works.

bermbuster
09-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi,
all i got to say is that the stock diffs have to go, you can melt the stock diff out using the stock motor. i suggest getting 3racing center, front & rear diffs. if u do decide to put a lithium battery in you MI, you'll have to do a 180 motor swap, the motor has to go on the same side as the servos leaving the other side empty so that you can put the battery pack. if you look at the pictures in the forums, you'll see how to set up your buggy.
The stock diffs in the MIST need to be filled with grease. Running them dry is what burnt them up.....most racers use 5000w upfront with 1000w in the rear. You can run lithium packs without doing the motor swap (180). You have to use a saddlepack configuration.
A quark33 with the wraith is more of a 3 cell lipo combo. With that set up the MIST will have awesome speed and power. I use a 3 cell lipo w an align/mamba combo....and it is quick.....

fav0re
09-24-2006, 03:43 AM
As for the batteries, stick with your first choice but also add the 3S 11.1V for the best of both worlds. I use the 2S for tracks and 3S for showing off. Troy at Bishop Power Products is well experienced and he can answer any of your electrical questions. Go to: b-p-p.com and call/email him up.

Hope this helps as for configuration:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/fav0re/H8/DSCN1863.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/fav0re/H8/DSC00221.jpg

mljnl
03-30-2010, 06:11 AM
I read your post and come to know that you try to going electric racing.Its so nice and good effort,The stuff that you told here a I like it all.Its nice and interesting.....................