PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sweden !

NIC
04-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Hello all H8 users !

My name is NIC and I have been in this hobby for about 15 years. I have alot of different cars in all sizes and all of them are ELECRIC powered !
I have done a brushless 1/8 scale nitro buggy conversion of the Kyosho Kanai 2 and have had my 1/10 scale tourer registered for 142,1 km/h using brushless motors just to name 2 cars.

I bought my H8 the moment it was released. I have had access though too a pre-production sample for about a month prior too that. Some hobbyshops in Sweden had gotten a pre-production sample of the car to give people a testdrive before the release date. They claimed it had a weaker and cheaper type of plastic then the production cars and was very brittle. Now with the production cars out it seems to be the same quality of the plastic.

However I have had a long time to think out some mods for the H8.
I see that there are the Trinity hex adaptors out for using standard 1/10 tires for example.
I too drive my car with 1/10 scale rims and tires but I have done it in a different way. I have used only Kyosho parts and the modification isn´t hard to do.
The car has universals all around, has a quicker steering, perfect ackerman, better geometry, more set-up possibilitys and is alot stronger overall. The car is slightly wider then standard, around 180 mm for increased corner ability also.

My set-up for the H8 is this: Schulze U-Force 75 (amps), Futaba 9550 low profile digital servo, mini Futaba receiver, 10 GP 1100 cells and two different bl-motors.
First motor is the MiniAC 1215/12 (4750 rpm/V) and the second one is the Mega 16/7/4 (4420 rpm/V) 6-pole motor.
Both motor work REALLY great ! No heat issues with either one and the performance is incredible !
Don´t be fooled by the Mega:s low Kv. The Mega can take SOME gearing :eek: ! This is because of the 6-pole design wich produces 3 times the torque of a equally sized 2-pole motor. How about not 16T not 22T not 25T but 27T without breaking a sweat ! And here is more....I drive this gear on the second smaller "slipper" gear :eek: ! The final drive ratio is around 5:1 ! Still the car accelerate like H*LL ! Speeds are in the 90 km/h range and the motor just asks for higher gearing !
Videos of the car can be sent if you want to see the performance of this motor.

I hope that I can be helpful with my nowledge and come with some idès for all.

Hello again all H8 users !

NIC

BitHed
04-23-2005, 09:13 PM
...Hey Nic welcome to the boards...It sounds like you know your stuff...A quick question for you...

You said, 'The car has universals all around, has a quicker steering, perfect ackerman, better geometry, more set-up possibilitys and is alot stronger overall. The car is slightly wider then standard, around 180 mm for increased corner ability also. ' Could you possible explain a little bit what your mods are ? I for one would love to have a wider stance...

...And 10 CELLS!!!??? Mate we DEFINATELY need pictures of that :D

chrille
04-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Hi NIC! Where in Sweden do you live? Cause i do live there to... :)

NIC
04-27-2005, 07:16 AM
Luleå. I have the same nickname on RSB.

halfEIGHT
04-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Welcome NIC! Let's see some pics of your half8!!! :D

chrille
05-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Ok NIC, then its a little long for me to go to you, or you to go to me cause i live in Falun! ;) And i also have the same nick on RSB... :)