PDA

View Full Version : Pinion for use with mamba

biggy
09-09-2006, 02:33 AM
New to the forums, great info so far.

I have a question on fitting my Mamba 6800 into my half8. The stock pinion does not fit on the shaft good, the hole is bigger than the shaft and when I tighten the grub screw down it makes it out of balance.

I'm not new to RC, coming off of a 4 year truggy racing venture, but this is my first mini.

What pinions do I need to make this work?

What size are the bearings in the half8? Looking to pick up some Avids or Boca to replace the bushings. I already have oil shocks, cvd on all 4 corners, aluminum front and rear knuckles and toe plates. What else are good hop ups? Not looking to do a chassis conversion or anything.

Thanks in advance.

Takumi861
09-09-2006, 04:46 AM
hi,
with a mamba system in your MI, you should buy aftermarket front and rear diff and a center diff.

when your buying hop up parts, i would advise you to get parts from atomic or 3racing. if your buying parts from GPM, BEWARE, their parts are not made perfectly to fit into the MI.

biggy
09-10-2006, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the reply!

Anyone else on the pinion thing? If I run it off balance it will eat the spur in no time.

Roost It
09-11-2006, 08:04 AM
rc18t pinions mate. 10 or 11t ones work realy well. rcboyz on ebay do these. :)

Jrgunn5150
09-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Yep, rc18. I found out the hard way that an 8 tooth is too small to be able to mesh right. The 10 tooth from my Rc18mt barely makes it. I would go 32 on the spur and 11 on the pinion if I was starting from scratch now.

biggy
09-14-2006, 11:54 AM
I actually have a 10T pinion left form when I had an 18T...lol

Thanks for the help, maybe now I can get this thing running.

minijosh
10-07-2006, 08:39 AM
I just installed my Mamba with a 12 tooth pinion and it's cogging badly when put on the floor but when in the air it's perfect. I don't get it :confused:

bermbuster
10-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Its the weight of your ST. I have run a 22t pinion with my mamba 25/align combo with no cogging. That is with stock tire/wheels. Are you using bigger?more grip tire/wheels? You might need to adjust the esc or it is your battery. Are you using a high discharge pack? is it charged? and how are your connections?
The mamba link makes fine tuning the esc to your particlar set up a breeze.
If you do not have one you can use your tx but you cannot tweak the throttle/brake curves......

minijosh
10-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm using stock wheels and tires atm. I'll be switching to touring car wheels and tires when I get my kit from rcmart. The packs are fully charged with deans, 1200 intellect 8 cells. Connections are fine, all soldered in nice and neat.
I have a link for my 1/10 but it don't help with micro.